Don't get mad get even....

Teal Shadow

First off this has nothing to do with the topic ...but, Beckett how's about a change-up or curveball for a first pitch? This is the second time in as many weeks that Beckett has started a hitter waiting for a fastball...a fastball. In St.Louis who was it Ray Lankford? firstball swinging...crack out here HR!

Well I hope this comments light a fire in him....

Griffey left quickly after the game without speaking to the media. Beckett turned livid when he was informed of Griffey's staredown.

"I do take offense to that," Beckett said. "I don't care if he's a Hall of Fame or not. ... I don't know what the hell he was staring at, if he was questioning the intentional walk or what.

"You just got to make a note of something like that, you know."

Put up or shut up, Joshy Boy. You dissed the Griffmeister and he made you PAY!

Agreed, no doubt.

He wouldn't have glared in the dugout if you hadn't given up a 400+ foot home run to him.

In this case, Josh needs to just shut up and pitch. End of story.

First off this has nothing to do with the topic ...but, Beckett how's about a change-up or curveball for a first pitch?

Actually Beckett said it was a changup EdCanes. (I thought it was a fastball too) if that was a change corner, he'd better take a couple of MPH off of it. It looked like a fastball :plain

First off this has nothing to do with the topic ...but, Beckett how's about a change-up or curveball for a first pitch?

Actually Beckett said it was a changup EdCanes. (I thought it was a fastball too) if that was a change corner, he'd better take a couple of MPH off of it. It looked like a fastball :plain it was a 90 mph belt-high changeup with no break at all over the middle of the plate.

the pitch just wasnt thrown well... you might as well call it a fastball.

Actually Beckett said it was a changup EdCanes. (I thought it was a fastball too) if that was a change corner, he'd better take a couple of MPH off of it. It looked like a fastball :plain I think of it this way. Josh Beckett's change-up breaks like a sinker, and has sinker velocity. Although it IS, technically, a change-up, I view it as a disgusting second fastball.

BTW: The change to Griffey was clocked at 90 MPH. How about them apples. :plain

Actually Beckett said it was a changup EdCanes. (I thought it was a fastball too) if that was a change corner, he'd better take a couple of MPH off of it. It looked like a fastball :plain it was a 90 mph belt-high changeup with no break at all over the middle of the plate.

the pitch just wasnt thrown well... you might as well call it a fastball. Now that I've had time to think about it, Josh didn't adjust to the mound in that stadium well. the mound at park is very low which benefits soft tosser like Phelps and those Reds pitchers, as to the PP mound which benefits our starters very high. I didn't see the game, but I'd bet most of his balls last night were high in the zone.

the pitch just wasnt thrown well... you might as well call it a fastball. Now that I've had time to think about it, Josh didn't adjust to the mound in that stadium well. the mound at park is very low which benefits soft tosser like Phelps and those Reds pitchers, as to the PP mound which benefits are starters very high. I didn't see the game, but I'd bet most of his balls last night were high in the zone. interesting. I guess that may be why the Reds have the best NL Home record and playing .500 ball on the road.