Tommy Phelps and Game Notes

man Choi with a big homerun and Red's rbi were huuuuuuge

Alex really stinks, I wish Easley was a PH for him there

good job Benitez

I gotta disagree Ramp. We have the lead, a 3-run lead in fact, you gotta put your best defense on the field for the 9th. good point...I agree

And people wonder why I had been calling for Phelps in the rotation forever.

It's another reason I was opposed to the Oliver signing, you're paying a guy who has been a below average starter his whole career $800,000, and you already have a guy who filled in beautifully last year. I mean when AJ, Josh and Big Red all went out last year Tommy stepped it up, and boy did he step it up tonight.

good job Benitez

I gotta disagree Ramp. We have the lead, a 3-run lead in fact, you gotta put your best defense on the field for the 9th. hmmm maybe you are right

but Easley aint exactly garbage on D

Aren't you forgetting Phelps didn't do so hot in ST and wouldn't have won any open competition.

Funny how all of you were just 2 weeks ago criticizing his work in the bullpen.

I liked what he did tonight, and hope he does it again in another 5 days and another 5 days and another 5 days (if you catch my drift, Dontrelle).

good job Benitez

I gotta disagree Ramp. We have the lead, a 3-run lead in fact, you gotta put your best defense on the field for the 9th. hmmm maybe you are right

but Easley aint exactly garbage on D agreed, but he's nowhere near as good as Sea Bass, and Easley's still probably getting used to playing SS. He's been a 2nd baseman his whole career.

Aren't you forgetting Phelps didn't do so hot in ST and wouldn't have won any open competition.

I liked what he did tonight, and hope he does it again in another 5 days and another 5 days and another 5 days (if you catch my drift, Dontrelle).

I don't know what you are talking about. He was fine in spring training, and in my opinion has been our best option out of the pen besides Benitez. He really only had 1 bad outing in the pen, I think it was against Atlanta.

then he wouldnt of won the job.

oliver wouldnt of won it neither.

wayne would of actually won the job out of spring me thinks if it were an open competition.