awards so far

MVPosey

Isn't Victor Matinez a rookie? I'm not sure if he qualifies because he got quite a few AB's last season but he's probably leading AL ROTY right now.

I'm not sure about the NL ROTY right now because no one is really impressive but Matt Holliday is off to a hot start while replacing Preston Wilson. Hitting .303 in 122 AB's, 8 Home Runs, and 19 RBI's. Obviously he's hitting a lot better in Colorado but still good number nonetheless.

Good thread...I'll go one further and put a reliever of the year award on there.

NL:

MVP: Scott Rolen

Cy Young: Paul Wilson

Rookie: Matt Holliday

Reliever Of The Year: Danny Graves

AL:

MVP: Manny Ramirez

Cy Young: Kenny Rogers

Rookie: Shawn Camp

Reliever Of The Year: Keith Foulke

BTW, who is Ford?

Guest Juanky

Leu Ford, from the Twins I believe

No love for Reliever of the Year in the NL to Benitez? The man hasn't been touched but twice.

BTW, Vlad is a close second in MVP right now. He is playing amazing.

No love for Reliever of the Year in the NL to Benitez? The man hasn't been touched but twice.

Ford played last year...

Graves Saves numbers are near impossible for me to overlook.

Vlad has played well but is ailling and tumbling down hill fast.

Ford played last year...

Graves Saves numbers are near impossible for me to overlook.

Vlad has played well but is ailling and tumbling down hill fast. It doesn't matter if he played last year. There's a certain amount of starts/innings pitched and At Bats that determines if you're a rookie or not the next year. Cliff Lee is being considered a rookie this year although he pitched over 50 innings last year.

NL MVP is tight, who I want to say is Abreu, sure it's homerism but you can certainly make the case for him.

Cy Young is Clemens but that will change

NL ROY: Ryan "I'm such a pimp" Madson, even with Homerism, I think MAdson is the clear choice.

NL MVP is tight, who I want to say is Abreu, sure it's homerism but you can certainly make the case for him.

NL ROY: Ryan "I'm such a pimp" Madson, even with Homerism, I think MAdson is the clear choice.

Homerism at it's best.

Isn't Victor Matinez a rookie? I'm not sure if he qualifies because he got quite a few AB's last season but he's probably leading AL ROTY right now.

No, Martinez isn't a rookie. He got too many at bats last season to qualify for the award. You are right; He has been very impressive this year. A great low-round draft pick for my fantasy team :D

Homerism at it's best. I can see The Abreu selection as homerism but Madson deserves the award

.94 ERA

Benitez's ERA is 1/10 that of Graves.

Where's your picks? NL MVP: Overbay

NL Cy Young: Clemens:

ROY: Otsuka

Reliever of the Year: Benitez

AL MVP: Manny

AL Cy Young: Schilling

ROY: Ford

Reliever of the Year: No idea Keith. Foulke.

1-0 0.37 ERA 10 SV 10 SVO 1 ER

Keith. Foulke.

1-0 0.37 ERA 10 SV 10 SVO 1 ER

Big Poppa is doing better ;) Id say they are even.

Foulke has pitched 3.1 Innings less, so his ERA would be the same if their innings were exact.

Foulke has gotten hit less but Benitez has struck more out.

Benitez has blown a save whereas Foulke hasn't.

Benitez has had 9 more chances than Foulke.

And his one blown save was off errors. It was an unearned run. He made a bad throw and then Cabrera didn't hustle at all to get to a ball. He didn't even dive. Running full speed and if he dove, he could have easily go to it.

Benitez has blown a save whereas Foulke hasn't.

Benitez has had 9 more chances than Foulke.

And his one blown save was off errors. It was an unearned run. He made a bad throw and then Cabrera didn't hustle at all to get to a ball. He didn't even dive. Running full speed and if he dove, he could have easily go to it. Foulke has also come in many more times this year to clean up our other relievers mess.

It isnt Foulke's fault that he hasn't had more chances, we can't help it if we are blowing people away... :shifty

Guest Juanky

Well, when our starters are putting up doughnut after doughnut on the scoreboard the offense can't help but say s*** we only need a couple runs