Lineups

rferry

Castillo has been solid at the first spot in the lineup. I think we should keep it like this, Louie has finally showed alot of signs that he can still run (He is perfect in stealing bases this year, and got a bunt hit yesterday). Pierre has also been hitting very good in the 2nd spot. This is how i always wanted it since the start of the season.

Castillo has been solid at the first spot in the lineup. I think we should keep it like this, Louie has finally showed alot of signs that he can still run (He is perfect in stealing bases this year, and got a bunt hit yesterday). Pierre has also been hitting very good in the 2nd spot. This is how i always wanted it since the start of the season.

Pierre is 1 for 12 in his last 3 games

I rather see Pierre leadoff.

How many times we saw Pierre leadoff the inning with a hit follow by a steal and Castillo advacing or driving Pierre home.

it's pretty interchangeable, it could just as easily be the other way around if luis was still stealing bases.....yes.

but he isnt.

I rather see Pierre leadoff.

How many times we saw Pierre leadoff the inning with a hit follow by a steal and Castillo advacing or driving Pierre home.

it's pretty interchangeable, it could just as easily be the other way around if luis was still stealing bases.....yes.

but he isnt. jack isn't sending him enough, imo

or pierre, for that matter

mikey's the only one who should be pleased with his SB totals

I rather see Pierre being lead off. Pierre is not a good bunter, Castillo is an excellent bunter. We need to be able to play small ball with our 1 and 2 hitter. If Pierre gets on base, I rather see Castillo bunting for the Sac play.

We lose some flexibility with Castillo being lead off. With that said, he is doing awesome.

Pierre is 1 for 12 in his last 3 games He's grounded into a surprising amount of DPs this year not sure how much it is but seems like a bunch for him, but anyways I like this lineup for now :thumbup

Guest Juanky

Here's hoping Cabs gets the nod starting tomorrow, as we need all the offense we can get in there (for some reason we never give Josh any production, we should start).

I rather see Pierre being lead off. Pierre is not a good bunter, Castillo is an excellent bunter. We need to be able to play small ball with our 1 and 2 hitter. If Pierre gets on base, I rather see Castillo bunting for the Sac play.

We lose some flexibility with Castillo being lead off. With that said, he is doing awesome.

Pierre not a good bunter? I thought i heard everything already from alot of you guys....

Pierre not a good bunter? I thought i heard everything already from alot of you guys....

i do think, though, that Pierre needs to get back in the top spot soon. this lineup has been hot, so McKeon should ride it out, but Pierre's talents need to be maximized. Pierre needs to keep the ball on the ground to be successful - he gets a good amount of hits by simply slapping it towards the 3rd base side, hoping for a mis-play or a bad bounce, or simply trying to beat it out. those are all negated if Castillo's sitting on 1st base when Pierre comes up to bat, since they can take the easy out at 2nd.

Castillo is much better at getting the ball up in the air, and Pierre is much better at stealing 2nd base and removing the double-play threat when Castillo is up behind him. I hope he can get hot enough that moving him back to the 2 spot won't put him back into his slump.