Sick of the Media

Dodge

Sick

It is a strange thing to me that, according to the media, the eyes of Americans are too tender to be exposed to the fall of the Trade Towers, the killing of Daniel Pearl, burned American bodies hanging from a bridge in Iraq and the horrible execution of Nick Berg, but that we can be exposed to hours and hours of naked Iraqi prisoners being humiliated at the hands of a few rougue American troops.

When the media reports a crime they always preface the piece with the word, ?allegedly?. Have you noticed that that word never gets mentioned in the Abu Ghraib debacle? No sir, no allegedly, no nothing, since it involves Americans it?s just a forgone conclusion that they?re guilty.

And some of you people still contend that there?s no media bias.

I say some of you because I believe that a lot of you are catching on to the anti-American leaning of most of the major media.

Otherwise what would explain the shrinking ratings of the three major network?s news programs?

Why is Fox News whose motto is ?fair and balanced? sucking viewers away from CNN like a vacuum cleaner?

The major newspapers run columns on the front page warning us that there are probably terrorists already in place in our country who are very likely to attack our cities and kill our citizens and on the other side of the page there are stories attacking the very military that protects us from them.

When will you people in the media wake up to the fact that there are dangerous people out there who want to destroy us and our country?

And don?t you dare open your pompous mouth and tell me that

America is getting what we deserve. When will you people come to the realization that these murderers don?t hate us for what we?ve done, they hate us for what we are.

Nothing but global Islamic domination will satisfy them and they couldn?t have a better friend than the major American media.

What will it take to convince you media types that you can pamper and play up to these people all you want to and they?ll still hate you? If they bombed the New York Times building or the CBS television studios, would that do it or would you say that the times and CBS had only gotten what they deserve?

I don?t believe in torture, in fact, I detest it. But what happened at Abu Ghraib so pales in comparison to what terrorists did to Nick Berg that it shouldn?t even be mentioned in the same breath.

To you people who are so quick to blame America, I would like to say this country is far from perfect. We have made some horrendous mistakes in the past and I?m sure we?ll make some more in the future, but we are the most benevolent, humane country on the face of the earth and if you don?t believe that, pack your bags and move someplace else. I guarantee you, you?ll want to come back shortly.

You make me sick.

Pray for our troops

What do you think?

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

Daniels throws out any merit this article had when he states that Fox New's is fair and balanced.

I don't mind Fox News, it's there for the people who choose to believe it, they watch it because they want a conservative angle but don't tell me their's a biased media when you claim that Fox News is fair.

I also agree that fox news is the best news provider right now. I don't believe for a minute that they're biased, as they've shown the war on Iraq from all angles. Last year, they visited my campus and did a live broadcast. They brought the Democrat major oh Philly (Street), and they allowed some protestors to do their thing behind the cameras. If anyone could give some evidence of the supossed "bias" in fox news, I'd like to hear it...at least we support our claims when we talk about the bias of CNN, NYT, etc.

I love to see the reactions of people who claim FOX News is biased when they hear FOX News' major backbone is based on 2 things:

1) Reports from local FOX affiliates, ABC stations in the FNC tie in, and CBS stations in the FNC tie in.

2) Sky News around the world (based in Britain)

That's right, FOX News gets most of it's reports and videos not only from FOX stations, but many ABC and CBS affiliates.

In Miami for example, FOX News has rights to get reports from WFOR (CBS owned station in FNC tie in) and WSVN (FOX affiliate).

In New York they can use WNYW (FOX Owned), WWOR (FOX owned UPN affiliate), WCBS (CBS Owned), and WABC (ABC Owned).

That is why Bill O'Reilly can have Diane Sawyer (ABC) and Michell Gillen (WFOR-CBS Miami) on his show and air their reports without problems.

Yes, Fox news is very balanced, I mean Roger Ailes who produced Rush's illfated show. Very in the middle.

Don't forget Brit Hume or whatever his name was, I believe he was a commentator for The American Spectator which has a history of being balanced.

Rupert Murdoch, nothing needs to be said

Then just look at their prime time shows.

I think I hate Charlie Daniels now. The reason I can't respect Fox News is because it outight lies to everyone with their slogan.

Tally up two. Brian was the first on that list.

Shamrock, if you happen to own one of his CD's, please don't chunk it, send it to me! :cool

I think I hate Charlie Daniels now. The reason I can't respect Fox News is because it outight lies to everyone with their slogan.

Tally up two. Brian was the first on that list.

Shamrock, if you happen to own one of his CD's, please don't chunk it, send it to me! :cool if i owned any of his CD's.....

i would burn them up in some type of sacrifical offering.

But you all hate FOX News and then don't realize that the talent came from the networks! Hume came from ABC, O'Reilly from CBS, Shepard Smith came from ther ABC station here in Fort Myers, and Ailes is just behind the scenes...he doesn't influence what goes out on the broadcast as much as liberal CBS broadcaster Dan Rather does.

But you all hate FOX News and then don't realize that the talent came from the networks! Hume came from ABC, O'Reilly from CBS, Shepard Smith came from ther ABC station here in Fort Myers, and Ailes is just behind the scenes...he doesn't influence what goes out on the broadcast as much as liberal CBS broadcaster Dan Rather does.

Oh come on,

Once again Brit Hume who's your station's head anchor was a commentator for The American Specatator. THat's all that needs to be said but ah what the hell and to show his amazing journalistic integrity, he said Clinton murdering people was a credible story. You know the story that Jerry Fallwell loves.

Bill O'Reilly, I don't care where he is from, it's what he spews on his show's that proves he's conservative.

Sean Hannity, It's Hannity's show let's not fool ourselves. Colmes tell's the stories and Hannity goes off for the rest of the show.

Oh, Cape. I belive Ailes was the one who started the entire network after Murdoch contacted him, not exactly just behind the scenes.

Oh come on,

Once again Brit Hume who's your station's head anchor was a commentator for The American Specatator. THat's all that needs to be said but ah what the hell and to show his amazing journalistic integrity, he said Clinton murdering people was a credible story. You know the story that Jerry Fallwell loves.

Bill O'Reilly, I don't care where he is from, it's what he spews on his show's that proves he's conservative.

Sean Hannity, It's Hannity's show let's not fool ourselves. Colmes tell's the stories and Hannity goes off for the rest of the show.

Oh, Cape. I belive Ailes was the one who started the entire network after Murdoch contacted him, not exactly just behind the scenes. Ailes hires talent, got the distribution deals done, but he is not going to go to one of the studios or newsrooms and dictate what they should or shouldn't air.

Why is it certain people think that if someone disagree with something America does that they should "pack up and leave"?

Seems kind of dumb. Why not just revolt and reform. A true American doesn't blindly accept it's policies but tries to change the one's that are out and out wrong. Charlie Daniels is a coward. He's a runner and a quitter.

And for somneone who's sick of the media it's interesting how he chooses to have his voice heard.

Question: Who "publishes" this crap? I'd bet money on his website, but I guess there's a lot of rags out their dumb enough to put this stuff out there (like Country Music Weekly).

Hannity and Colmes has alot more balance than CrossFire.

Brit Hume is not FOX's main anchor and never was, that would be Shepard Smith.

O'Reilly has liberal opinions as well on certain issues and regularly will criticize the President and his administration.

Liberals cry about FOX News because it blows CNN, MSNBC and the networks away while being available in less homes and not having the network structure of the other news channels. Ratings tell the story.

Liberals cry about FOX News because it blows CNN, MSNBC and the networks away while being available in less homes and not having the network structure of the other news channels. Ratings tell the story.

Yes, ratings tell the story... it also show that many dumb Americans believe the Fox News is actually "Fair and Balanced..."

More like "Conservatively Fair and Conservatively Balanced"

Hannity and Colmes has alot more balance than CrossFire.

Brit Hume is not FOX's main anchor and never was, that would be Shepard Smith.

O'Reilly has liberal opinions as well on certain issues and regularly will criticize the President and his administration.

To the Hannity and Colmes Comment :lol :lol :lol :lol , Hannity say's on average twice more than Colmes, if you would like to prove that Colmes actually fights back prove it. Hannity was picked way before Colmes originally, Hannity was the voice of that show when it was first created and oh I really bet Fox News would try to match Hannity up with James Carville. They picked a quiet semi - liberal to try to give it some mean of balance.

Oh, O'Reilly is liberal now? So the fact that he's a registred as a republican proves something and by the way Cape, you watch O'Reilly or the other fox viewers watch him for his liberal views right?

Fox also gave a show to Tony Snow who is Rush's stand in. Yeah, very liberal show you got there.

Ollie North has his own show and is a regular contributor, Ollie who is very moderate also happens to side with Hannity and other conservatives despite being a moderate.

And you just said it yourself The Liberals complaining, now let's go over this. Liberals are complaining over a network that is as you say is "fair".

If Fox New's didn't have a conservative edge to it, would you honestly be watching it?

O'Reilly is a registered Independent Rune.

Tony Snow used to be the host of FOX News Sunday. Chris Wallace came from CBS News and is now the host of FOX News Sunday.

Ollie North used to be with MSNBC and is with FOX News in a role of story host of War Stories and contributes on military reporting.

I also watch CNN, MSNBC, CBS News, NBC News, ABC News, and PBS' Newshour.

I still don't see where FOX puts it's "conservative bias" in what it reports, how it reports hard news, and how it covers breaking news. It may have a conservative tilt in it's opinion and editorial shows, but when it comes to hard news, FOX is fair and balanced.

CBS News, ABC News, CNN, and to a certain extent, NBC News all try to pass some editorialized stories as hard news.

O'Reilly is a registered Independent Rune.

Tony Snow used to be the host of FOX News Sunday. Chris Wallace came from CBS News and is now the host of FOX News Sunday.

Ollie North used to be with MSNBC and is with FOX News in a role of story host of War Stories and contributes on military reporting.

I also watch CNN, MSNBC, CBS News, NBC News, ABC News, and PBS' Newshour.

Is he really a registred Independent, Cape or is that what he say's? Go look at his voter registration, he's been registred republican since 94, their's even a big photocopy of it in Lies.

When I saw Ollie North on Hannity and Colmes(Yes every now and then, I watch Hannity and Colmes because I do think that I actually need to watch something before I bash it) after The Nick Berg incident, calling out "THe Liberal Media" and ranting on and off about this, had little to do with military reporting. They were using it as a resource to try to prove a media bias. What in there has to do with the military.

Rune, you try to pass the O'Reilly Factor and Hannity & Colmes as hard news shows.

Let's take a look at FOX News Live vs. CNN Live. When those two air a story on, for example, the no child left behind act, FOX will give both sides and the facts, while CNN will give you a bunch of experts trying to tell you the act is "evil."

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.