Hotcorner

Angels (29-29) vs Marlins (29-33)

6/7 Gametime 6:05, Forecast: Scattered Thunderstorms

Radio: WQAM 560

On the Mound

vs

Aaron Sele || Tommy Phelps

2-3, 7.83 --- | 2-0, 1.73

HC's preview :compute Tommy Phelps will go for his third straight win tonight as the Marlins take on Anaheim in game two of their three game series at Pro Player Stadium. Phelps has been shuffled between the rotation and the bullpen this season due to injuries to Marlins pitchers. He has not pitched over six innings yet, but Phelps has won two straight starts. In both contests, he has gone a career-long 5 1/3 innings.

"My arm strength is getting stronger and I feel I can go longer," said Phelps. "I have to throw strikes. If I get behind, I'm going to get hurt too much."

Aaron Sele will try to win back-to-back starts in more than a year. Coming off shoulder surgery last year, he spent time on the DL early in the season with a torn rotator cuff. Since coming back he has been inconsistent, evidenced by a 7.83 ERA.

The Marlins are 7-4 on their current 13 game homestand. They have won 10 of their last 14, and in those 10 wins the starting pitchers have compiled a 1.93 ERA. Last night Carl Pavano continued the strong pitching, going 8 innings while Pudge Rodriguez broke out of a home run drought with a 3-run shot to lead the Marlins to victory in the series opener.

Notes:

Alex Gonzalez's homer last night extended his hitting streak to 9 games.

Closer Troy Percival comes off the DL and should be available tonight.

Anaheim outfileder Jeff DaVanon has hit .500 in the last 7 days while Alex Gonzalez has hit .471

On the Mound

vs

Aaron Sele || Tommy Phelps

2-3, 7.83 --- | 2-0, 1.73

Josh's Prediction :king :

These pitching stats right here give me a good idea...

Marlins Beat-up on Sele BADLY and EARLY...

7-2 Florida... wow aaron sele isnt what he used to be. he has a 7.83 era that blowz. but he might just pitch like cy young on the mound today or he might pitch lik vladimir nunez. please pitch like vladi, please pitch like vladi.

wow this would be awesome if we could win this game. and we need those damn expos to lose. damnmit cant you guys just lose.

i say this game will be one by 4 runs, w/e team wins they will win by 4 runs.

this sux i'mnot going to be able to watch this game today i gotta go to work at 4 and work until 12. well at least i get to watch tomm.'s game

LETS GO FISH!!!!!

we need those damn expos to lose. damnmit cant you guys just lose.

Well, Vladi is no longer in the line-up (15-day DL). Remember how bad they did against us w/o him in the line-up?

Let's hope we can put together a big winning streak and take advantage of this oppritunity to produce some great momentum...

*Thought it was time to use big words*

we need those damn expos to lose. damnmit cant you guys just lose.

Well, Vladi is no longer in the line-up (15-day DL). Remember how bad they did against us w/o him in the line-up?

Let's hope we can put together a big winning streak and take advantage of this oppritunity to produce some great momentum...

*Thought it was time to use big words* yup yup