Pudge Misses Marlins

You guys have to remmember too who is agent is. Boras is they guy who puts the money idea into people's head. Boras could have pushed pudge into this deal too, but I'm sure a lot of it was Pudge. Pudge was the man for one year, but now we just need Red and Treanor to step up and show us why we shouldn't miss Pudge

I think he made his own decision. Nobody put anything into his head, except for himself. Each time they interviewed him asking if he will stay with the Marlins before they even won the WS, all he would say is "UH we'll see what happens". HE never gave a straight out answer.

And honestly, i really don't understand why people are defending him. It's pretty clear he left for more $. Even my blind dog can see that... :rolleyes:

You guys have to remmember too who is agent is. Boras is they guy who puts the money idea into people's head. Boras could have pushed pudge into this deal too, but I'm sure a lot of it was Pudge. Pudge was the man for one year, but now we just need Red and Treanor to step up and show us why we shouldn't miss Pudge

I think he made his own decision. Nobody put anything into his head, except for himself. Each time they interviewed him asking if he will stay with the Marlins before they even won the WS, all he would say is "UH we'll see what happens". HE never gave a straight out answer.

And honestly, i really don't understand why people are defending him. It's pretty clear he left for more $. Even my blind dog can see that... :rolleyes: Taking more money doesn't mean he is a piece of SH**T

Guest Juanky

Again, I want a CREDIBLE source to report on the offer. CRE-DI-BLE.

C-R-E-D-I-B-L-E does not spell Bernadino.

And what is the credible source for the 3/24? This is what I remember from December 8th. There hasn't been anything in any other news sources as far as I have seen because they knew to just drop the damn thing. Bernadino is the only one that keeps bringing it up in his never ending crusade of bad pub for the team.

Guest Juanky

You guys have to remmember too who is agent is. Boras is they guy who puts the money idea into people's head. Boras could have pushed pudge into this deal too, but I'm sure a lot of it was Pudge. Pudge was the man for one year, but now we just need Red and Treanor to step? up and show us why we shouldn't miss Pudge

And honestly, i really don't understand why people are defending him. It's pretty clear he left for more $. Even my blind dog can see that... :rolleyes: Taking more money doesn't mean he is a piece of SH**T No, but it makes him greedy.

His family just went up to Detroit to see him last week. You can't say he doesn't love his family when you don't know him to judge him that way. I am getting a headache thanks to the ignorance. I need some sleep.

take off those jaded sunglasses! It is plain to see that he had two options: (a) make a sh*tload of money and stay at home with your family, or (b) make more of a sh*tload of money and spend the year away from your family.

He chose B, therefore he is a money-hungry b*tch who would rather spend time away from his family.

It's not like some average Joe who goes on a 2-week business trip...he's supporting his family.

What the hell is Pudge gonna do with this extra money? Buy a statue of his whole family? Seriously, there is a such thing as gluttony...he is the sinner in this case. There are plenty of cases all around professional sports...but I dont know where their families live, so I can't start criticizing them. I do know that Pudge's family lives in Miami, and he left them for more money....I hope you're proud Pudgy.

Pudge's daughter's friend: "Hey! Look my dad made it! Where's your dad?"

Pudge's daughter: "My dad is a money-hungry piece of sh*t who decided to spend a year in Detroit so he could add a few more Ferraris and statues to our house. But don't worry, I'm gonna tell him how the dance recital went on the phone." :notworthy

Thank you I was just about to tell her that.

I mean really how much can you defend this guy Miri. Its so obvious that your a fangirl its not even funny. Are you saying that I don't have a right to give my opinion? I can defend him as much as I want. Forgive me for being a fan. *rolls eyes*

take off those jaded sunglasses! It is plain to see that he had two options: (a) make a sh*tload of money and stay at home with your family, or (b) make more of a sh*tload of money and spend the year away from your family.

He chose B, therefore he is a money-hungry b*tch who would rather spend time away from his family.

It's not like some average Joe who goes on a 2-week business trip...he's supporting his family.

What the hell is Pudge gonna do with this extra money? Buy a statue of his whole family? Seriously, there is a such thing as gluttony...he is the sinner in this case. There are plenty of cases all around professional sports...but I dont know where their families live, so I can't start criticizing them. I do know that Pudge's family lives in Miami, and he left them for more money....I hope you're proud Pudgy.

Pudge's daughter's friend: "Hey! Look my dad made it! Where's your dad?"

Pudge's daughter: "My dad is a money-hungry piece of sh*t who decided to spend a year in Detroit so he could add a few more Ferraris and statues to our house. But don't worry, I'm gonna tell him how the dance recital went on the phone."

His family supports him and his decision.

^^^^

Mean!

Pudge is tha man! I wish he was still with this team! Castro sucks... Go to hell Castro, because of your lazy P.R ass we gave up Pudge...

I want Pudge! :pullhair :banghead :tissue why why... I need 40 Million. :(

And ignorant. I mean, I can bet that at least 95% of this board would take $40 mill in a heartbeat if it was in front of them.

I don't know why it's so hard for so many of you to accept what happened with Pudge. Due to the arrangement, the Marlins couldn't get into the bidding with other teams. They had to make an offer and then Pudge either accepted it or tested the market. Once he rejected the offer the Marlins were out of it. They were no longer eligible to bid. Even if they wanted to.

To say he chose money over family is unfair, and naive. In his situation, there was almost no way he could take a pay cut, and a two year contract. He was the WS MVP. He was credited with leading the Marlins to winning the WS. Even tho many baseball people were saying he wasn't going to get much better of an offer, it was almost certain that he had to test the market. Who among you would turn down $25 mil? That's what you're talking about.

The Marlins couldn't afford to tie up that much payroll in one player, especially a catcher at the twilight of his career. It just wasn't going to work. Not in the real world.

Pudge was a hired gun, for one season. He was a bargain, and he performed well, (not great, BTW) for us.

If everybody had a crystal ball and could see that Castro was going to tank, and that Pudge's only viable offer was going to come from Detroit, things may have been a little different. But they didn't, and he's doing well, and the fish are doing well. So let's move on.

:notworthy

You guys have to remmember too who is agent is. Boras is they guy who puts the money idea into people's head. Boras could have pushed pudge into this deal too, but I'm sure a lot of it was Pudge. Pudge was the man for one year, but now we just need Red and Treanor to step? up and show us why we shouldn't miss Pudge

And honestly, i really don't understand why people are defending him. It's pretty clear he left for more $. Even my blind dog can see that... :rolleyes: Taking more money doesn't mean he is a piece of SH**T No, but it makes him greedy. well when ur a NLSC MVP considered a future hall of famer u can be as greedy as u want to be

^^^^

Mean!

Pudge is tha man! I wish he was still with this team! Castro sucks... Go to hell Castro, because of your lazy P.R ass we gave up Pudge...

And ignorant. I mean, I can bet that at least 95% of this board would take $40 mill in a heartbeat if it was in front of them. as opposed to some 25 million and staying at home....

i'd stay at home.

25 million should be enough for you and all your children to live comfortably on for the rest of their lives and then some.

Guest Juanky

^^^^

Mean!

And ignorant. I mean, I can bet that at least 95% of this board would take $40 mill in a heartbeat if it was in front of them.

Guest Juanky

well when ur a NLSC MVP considered a future hall of famer u can be as greedy as u want to be

So because you performed well over a seven day stretch it's ok to just hang around with one of the seven deadly sins?

He's not greedy,he's been busting his ass to get to the level he's at right now,some of you are just being jealous that he left,he deserves every cent of that $40 mill contract and i hope he enjoy's all that $,remember he's a stud,one of the best catcher's in the game.

It's easier said than done.

easier said than done how?

its all about greed.

one of the seven deadly sins.

if somone offered me 40 million yes i take it as opposed to nothing.

if someone offered me 25 million and the opportunity to stay home....i take that in a heartbeat as opposed to that extra 15 million.

you are just blinded in yoru love fest for pudge.

^^^^

Mean!

And ignorant. I mean, I can bet that at least 95% of this board would take $40 mill in a heartbeat if it was in front of them. how about 99% of professional athletes

Guest Juanky

He's not greedy,he's been busting his ass to get to the level he's at right now,some of you are just being jealous that he left,he deserves every cent of that $40 mill contract and i hope he enjoy's all that $,remember he's a stud,one of the best catcher's in the game.

What makes him different from Mike Lowell, who busts his ass to get where he is but stays home? Oh yeah, Mikey isn't greedy.

It's easier said than done.

easier said than done how?

its all about greed.

one of the seven deadly sins.

if somone offered me 40 million yes i take it as opposed to nothing.

if someone offered me 25 million and the opportunity to stay home....i take that in a heartbeat as opposed to that extra 15 million.

you are just blinded in yoru love fest for pudge. I am not "blinded". I am telling you guys what I know from what I have been told except you guys choose to ignore it. I am done with this thread. I have better things to do than to argue over a dead topic.

NObody in this damn world deserves $40 million.

^^^^

Mean!

And ignorant. I mean, I can bet that at least 95% of this board would take $40 mill in a heartbeat if it was in front of them. how about 99% of professional athletes and that's why most professionaly athletes have no integrity.

What makes him different from Mike Lowell, who busts his ass to get where he is but stays home? Oh yeah, Mikey isn't greedy. Mikey has a $34 mill contract that's awesome!and stop hating on pudge,the marlins didn't even offer him what they said they had on the table.