Pudge Misses Marlins

He's not greedy,he's been busting his ass to get to the level he's at right now,some of you are just being jealous that he left,he deserves every cent of that $40 mill contract and i hope he enjoy's all that $,remember he's a stud,one of the best catcher's in the game.

NObody in this damn world deserves $40 million. wrong, so the owners can make $$$$$$$$$$$, but the workers can't make 40 millions?

The life of a pro ballplayer is not as easy as it looks, the majority never make it to the big show. And you if you don't perform, you are gone Some people just don't understand how much work it take's to be a baseball player,and especially a catcher one of the hardest positions.Do you know how many hit's a catcher take's every game and have you seen how a catcher position's himself for 2-3 hour's a day(that s***'s tiring).And you take hit's all over your body,also you gotta have some heart to go out there everyday and get beat up like that,baseball ain't easy,even for me it's hard and i'm just in an optimist league,right now i'm online but at the same time working out my forearm's and bicep's trust me being a baseball player ain't easy. you gotta be f***ing kidding me with this comment. HE PLAYS A GAME FOR A LIVING!!!

I would pay to be able to spend one day in the major leagues.

guys, i have a question.

i know this would NEVER happen but im just wondering out of sheer curiosity.........

lets say the tigers & marlins worked a deal and traded pudge back to the marlins.........

would it be possible to restructure his contract to something a little bit more affordable?

if my memory serves me right, we did something similar to this last year with niner.

The day the Tigers trade Pudge is the day Comerica Park burns to the ground.

Pudge sounds like a guy that dumped someone who to his surprise, lived well without him and now he wants them back. Dumpers remorse or something. You feel bad for him until you realize he acts like he had no control over staying in here, when the decision was in his hands. It's so obvious that this is a team that has fun together and many a Marlin chose that over $$$.

Still, the team would be pretty sick this year with him there and I'm grateful for his help last year. Imagine a catcher in our line-up batting .350? Oh mama.

Oh well.

Exactly.

But it doesnt matter, does it fellas? Because Fudge chose money. Maybe he will be a wiser man than he was - and that is all we could ask for in life - to grow.

We will be fine, Fudge will be counting his money and the losses.

guys, i have a question.

i know this would NEVER happen but im just wondering out of sheer curiosity.........

lets say the tigers & marlins worked a deal and traded pudge back to the marlins.........

would it be possible to restructure his contract to something a little bit more affordable?

if my memory serves me right, we did something similar to this last year with niner.

The day the Tigers trade Pudge is the day Comerica Park burns to the ground. Not really. It could happen - although I am not going to bet on it.

guys, i have a question.

The day the Tigers trade Pudge is the day Comerica Park burns to the ground. Not really. It could happen - although I am not going to bet on it. After what they went through last year Pudge is supposed to be their savior.

guys, i have a question.

The day the Tigers trade Pudge is the day Comerica Park burns to the ground. Not really. It could happen - although I am not going to bet on it. After what they went through last year Pudge is supposed to be their savior. I dont think so. Let's say, hypothetically, the Tigers could ship Fudge off for Beltran. That trade would happen so fast the tiger stripes would come off. And no, I dont think that will happen or even entertain the possibility. All I am saying is it depends on the right situation.

The Tigers, with Dombrowski as GM, would be smart to trade Fudge to a team in the playoff chase for some really good young talent. Of course, they would have to pick up some of the payroll.

Let me put it this way, if we were actually going to trade for Kendall, I would rather us offer the same deal for Fudge and take him. We would be paying less money and you know Fudge would like to come back and what that would mean for the team and the fans.

But, it wont happen... :mischief

Pudge is the greatest contributor to the Tigers resurgence this year. His attitude, work ethic and on-field performance has everyone in their clubhouse believing they can win.

No way Dombrowski is going to let Pudge go without a block buster deal. We'd likely have to give up a Penny or Beckett to get the trade to happen. And wouldn't our FO look quite ridiculous to make that kind of trade when we could have signed him last winter?

Getting Pudge back would be nice, but it isn't going to happen.

It's moments like last night that I have to wonder why we didn;t make an earnest run at Javy Lopez. (sigh)

cause we dont have the loot....till we get a stadium get use to what we have and less cause were probably not going to be able to re-sign our top dogs..it sucks doesnt it...

It's moments like last night that I have to wonder why we didn;t make an earnest run at Javy Lopez. (sigh)

cause we dont have the loot....till we get a stadium get use to what we have and less cause were probably not going to be able to re-sign our top dogs..it sucks doesnt it...

No one is more sensitive to the Marlin's economic plight than I am.

Lopez signed for 3 years, $22.5 million of which $5.5 million are incentive bonuses. That always seemed to me alot more affordable than Pudge's 4yr/$40mil demand.

I believe the core issue as it pertains to Lopez was the FO's belief that Castro could carry the load. No one's perfect and they can't be faulted for overestimating Castro's ability, especially after his performance in his limited appearances last season. Nonetheless I wanted Lopez last winter and I still do.

Re: Castro and expectations

Samson stated outright that he expects players to "outperform their contracts." That's fine, but it's really not reasonable. I would say on average a team can expect 1/3 to outperform their contracts and 1/3 to underperform and 1/3 to match contract expectations. The Marlins are lucky because we really do not have anyone underperforming his contract. Some teams (Mets) notoriously have bad luck with players underperforming their contracts. All in all, I'd say we were pretty lucky.