Pudge Misses Marlins

What a crack whore. If all that weepy nonsense means as much to him as he says, then almost ANY fish offer would have been "good enough". I've worked at many places where I could have left and easily made 3X elsewhere, but stayed on because the people and work environment were more important to me.

not to mention he was becoming such a local hero down here that he could have MORE than made up the salary difference in local endorsements & commercials.

the guy was already becoming a fan favorite. how long would it have been before he had Marino-like status if he stuck around for another 3,4 years?

(well okay not Marino, but still...)

I would've loved to have him on the team, but he made his choice & has to live with it. Just shows how talented the guy still is by what's going on in Detroit.

Marlins2003 I thought Berardino's line was pretty weak too. Castro's ineptitude shouldn't reflect on the good work Redmond has done.

It seems that a lot of you give too much credit to a group of people who are in the business just to make profit... Loria, Beinfest and Samson have good intentions but if you think they wanted to keep Pudge, you are sadly mistaken. We all know the "budgetary" constraints this team has and they probably thought it wouldn't be as bad having Castro instead of Pudge. Since Castro showed such batting power, they figured it would be worth the try. I sincerely think they did not offer Pudge a deal. It was easier and more convenient to give the impression they did and then dump the blame on Pudge. Just remember there are always two sides to a story and some prefer to believe Pudge didn't want to stay because of money than OMG thinking the ball club owners maybe didn't want to pay him to stay.

Whatever, I'm over Pudge.

Sure we all would rather see him as our catcher but it didn't work out and we all (including him) need to stop dwelling on it.

He made a mistake and he's starting to realize...well it's a little too late!

Should be an interesting series.

Pudge left the best team in baseball and hometown for a couple more million dollars just so he could go to beautiful Detroit and play for the Tigers the team that had to win 5 of 6 games to avoid being the worst team in baseball history. He left behind his kids, wife, statue, and yact only for a few more million dollars. He is already dirty rich, what does he need more money for? A statue of his wife? Pudge made a stupid mistake and he accused the Marlins of a fire sale. He shouldn't be crying that he misses his family.

His family just went up to Detroit to see him last week. You can't say he doesn't love his family when you don't know him to judge him that way. I am getting a headache thanks to the ignorance. I need some sleep.

take off those jaded sunglasses! It is plain to see that he had two options: (a) make a sh*tload of money and stay at home with your family, or (b) make more of a sh*tload of money and spend the year away from your family.

He chose B, therefore he is a money-hungry b*tch who would rather spend time away from his family.

It's not like some average Joe who goes on a 2-week business trip...he's supporting his family.

What the hell is Pudge gonna do with this extra money? Buy a statue of his whole family? Seriously, there is a such thing as gluttony...he is the sinner in this case. There are plenty of cases all around professional sports...but I dont know where their families live, so I can't start criticizing them. I do know that Pudge's family lives in Miami, and he left them for more money....I hope you're proud Pudgy.

Pudge's daughter's friend: "Hey! Look my dad made it! Where's your dad?"

Pudge's daughter: "My dad is a money-hungry piece of sh*t who decided to spend a year in Detroit so he could add a few more Ferraris and statues to our house. But don't worry, I'm gonna tell him how the dance recital went on the phone."

Guest Juanky

You can't help but feel bad for Pudge the human being.

But He is a traitor for burning his bridges when left, and he's gone now.

Oh, I'm sorry but CJ Version 1.0 is the best catcher in Marlins history. Pudge was here all of one season.

You guys have to remmember too who is agent is. Boras is they guy who puts the money idea into people's head. Boras could have pushed pudge into this deal too, but I'm sure a lot of it was Pudge. Pudge was the man for one year, but now we just need Red and Treanor to step up and show us why we shouldn't miss Pudge

His family just went up to Detroit to see him last week. You can't say he doesn't love his family when you don't know him to judge him that way. I am getting a headache thanks to the ignorance. I need some sleep.

take off those jaded sunglasses! It is plain to see that he had two options: (a) make a sh*tload of money and stay at home with your family, or (b) make more of a sh*tload of money and spend the year away from your family.

He chose B, therefore he is a money-hungry b*tch who would rather spend time away from his family.

It's not like some average Joe who goes on a 2-week business trip...he's supporting his family.

What the hell is Pudge gonna do with this extra money? Buy a statue of his whole family? Seriously, there is a such thing as gluttony...he is the sinner in this case. There are plenty of cases all around professional sports...but I dont know where their families live, so I can't start criticizing them. I do know that Pudge's family lives in Miami, and he left them for more money....I hope you're proud Pudgy.

Pudge's daughter's friend: "Hey! Look my dad made it! Where's your dad?"

Pudge's daughter: "My dad is a money-hungry piece of sh*t who decided to spend a year in Detroit so he could add a few more Ferraris and statues to our house. But don't worry, I'm gonna tell him how the dance recital went on the phone." :notworthy

Thank you I was just about to tell her that.

I mean really how much can you defend this guy Miri. Its so obvious that your a fangirl its not even funny.

Guest Juanky

It seems that a lot of you give too much credit to a group of people who are in the business just to make profit... Loria, Beinfest and Samson have good intentions but if you think they wanted to keep Pudge, you are sadly mistaken.

Let's me think.....Lose Pudge or Lose Mikey and possibly Luiy as well? Hmm, reeeeal tough call.

Best 3B + Best 2B > Best C whose getting old

It seems that a lot of you give too much credit to a group of people who are in the business just to make profit... Loria, Beinfest and Samson have good intentions but if you think they wanted to keep Pudge, you are sadly mistaken.

Let's me think.....Lose Pudge or Lose Mikey and possibly Luiy as well? Hmm, reeeeal tough call.

Best 3B + Best 2B > Best C whose getting old I agree 100%.

But let's be fair, most here call Pudge a greedy SOB, but reality is that our FO didn't make their best effort to keep him.

Guest Juanky

Would YOU have given him 4 years 40 mil?

No, but I think 3/24 would have been a fair offer Says who that wasn't the offer? That is what we heard it was at the time, and I'm yet to hear a credible source say otherwise.

Would YOU have given him 4 years 40 mil?

No, but I think 3/24 would have been a fair offer Says who that wasn't the offer? That is what we heard it was at the time, and I'm yet to hear a credible source say otherwise. based on what is being reported, that was not the offer. but I guess, we may never know for sure