Very Though to Win Ballgames When. . .

FreshFish

Your number 1, 2, and 3 hitters havn't score runs in 7 of the last 10 games

6/1 - 1 run (Lost Game)

6/4 - 2 runs (Won Game)

6/5 - 2 runs (Won Game)

That's all. I feel lucky that we have won 4 out of those 10 games.

We need JP and Lowell to start hitting real soon. . .

I say we shake the lineup tomorrow, take JP and bat him lower and stick Easley between Castillo who will leadoff and Choi. Then have Lowell hit after Choi.

1. Castillo 2B

2. Easley DH

3. Choi 1B

4. Lowell 3B

5. Cabrera RF

6. Pierre CF

7. Conine LF

8. Gonzalez SS

9. Redmond C

That would help the team's frustrating inability to have some patience at the plate.

But McKeon doesn't mix up the order much. He'll insert new players and drop them a spot or two, but nothing like that.

All we could hope for is to switch JP and Luiy again.

Why aren't we playing more small ball?

I would like to see Castillo sac bunting bit more. Tonight Castillo drop a DP, when a bunt could have put men on 2nd and 3rd with one out, and you take your chances with Lowell and Cabrera

true, but this team is still trying to hit the elusive 5 run homer it seems.

I say we shake the lineup tomorrow, take JP and bat him lower and stick Easley between Castillo who will leadoff and Choi. Then have Lowell hit after Choi.

1. Castillo 2B

2. Easley DH

3. Choi 1B

4. Lowell 3B

5. Cabrera RF

6. Pierre CF

7. Conine LF

8. Gonzalez SS

9. Redmond C

Give Castillo the day off. Looks like this for me:

Pierre

Conine (DH)

Easely

Lowell

Cabrera

Choi

Nunez

AGon

Treanor

1. Castillo 2B

2. Easley DH

3. Choi 1B

4. Lowell 3B

5. Cabrera RF

6. Pierre CF

7. Conine LF

8. Gonzalez SS

9. Redmond C

I think it's too much pressure on Choi in the 3 hole, but it might be interesting to hit him in the two hole after Castillo. He takes a lot of pitches, walks a lot and can hit behind the runner. It gives the top of the order a little more pop. Then you can bat Pierre ninth, and still have the two rabbits hitting together.

Pierre doesn't take enough pitches to be hitting lead off. He takes the pressure off the pitcher too many times by weakly grounding or popping out. And since his base stealing hasn't been much of a factor, it might be time to re think the two slap hitters at the top.

you guys talk about the bats, but in the past 8 games, our starters have gotten past the 5th inning only TWICE.

that doesn't usually lead to a lot of wins.

granted part of that is a low pitch count for AJ and short outings from Tommy Phelps, but it still explains a lot of the struggles.

also since Choi walks so much, why not bat him before Cabs?

Guest Juanky

you guys talk about the bats, but in the past 8 games, our starters have gotten past the 5th inning only TWICE.

Yeah, I think both those times were Pavs too. Starters are going through one of their inconsistent stretches.

Guest Moneyball

the offense has to start swinging the bat on the first pitch, the pitches are mostly down the middle fastballs. even though you want to make the pitcher work, but the offense has to get it going somehow.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.