Curtis Leskanic

JNichols42887

This guy would really help our bullpen. His ERA is bad right now, but he has had nine scoreless outings out of his last ten games. He's also a veteran with a good track record and we wouldn't have to give up anything to get him. I just wonder if any other teams are interested in him...

Article about Leskanic

Leskanic battled shoulder problems this season in going 0-3 with an 8.04 ERA in 19 games. He opened the season as the club's closer but lost that job after blowing three of five opportunities.

Leskanic said he expects to be contacted by other clubs but isn't certain he wants to continue his career.

?It would have to be the right situation,? he said. ?Close to home. But I don't know. I've had a great career, played 10 years and made a lot of money.

sounds like a good clubhouse prescence, if nothing else

he's from pennsylvania

You guys b*tch and moan about the bullpen every day and then badmouth everyone cut from another major league squad?

Beggars can't be choosers, and no matter how hard you wish Ray Castro, Abe Nunez, Darren Oliver or any of our older prospects aren't going to bring the next Urbina.

speaking of players without jobs...Jeffrey Hammonds was released about 2 weeks ago by the Giants. Why not?

because he blows Dont make me awaken Starscream for that a$$... :D

Hammonds blows? Funny, I dont see a whole lot of .270 20HR guys standing around looking for jobs...