Could we see this guy soon?

Teal Shadow

He's 28 and on his third organization, but Marlins Triple-A third baseman Joe Dillon is having one monster season. Having started the year at Double-A Carolina, Dillon entered the weekend batting a combined .376 with 25 homers and 70 RBI in 245 at-bats. Not bad for somebody who was out of baseball last year and had a career high 16 homers before this year, that coming with the 1999 Wilmington Blue Rocks of the Carolina League. Dillon, a seventh-round pick out of Texas Tech in 1997, also struck out 124 times with the Blue Rocks. ... Said one scout who has seen Dillon several times this year: "He could play third base for a lot of clubs in the big leagues right now. He's a talented guy. He can hit, defend, has some power and can throw. He's a gamer."

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/basebal...0,738532.column

I know one thing alot more teams have been scouting this kid in the last month.

Trade bait? :whistle

Not a kid anymore. 28 - its time to play. But I like him. I just wish he was in LF...but I like the way you are thinking because this is along what I believe too: that we have the talent within our organization to tough it out and get through any slumps.

Padgett too looks good.

Am I the only who thinks we could use Mordy's roster spot to call up a guy like this or someone else who can actually bring some kind of offensive to the bench?

I mean Mordy's cool and all, but he's batting something like .175.

i said this two months ago.

mordi and lenny are hte same player essentially.

there is no need for both on the roster.

if dillon does have any trade value....i'll be proven wrong i suppose.

call him up and make him a utility guy, give him starts all over the field and see if he can carve a niche on this team.

closest thing we really have to a utility guy right now is easley.

One is a poor hitter who has extended his career by playing adequate defense everywhere.

The other is a poor hitter who has extended his career by batting lefthanded and pinch-hitting for pitchers.

One is a poor hitter who has extended his career by playing adequate defense everywhere.

The other is a poor hitter who has extended his career by batting lefthanded and pinch-hitting for pitchers. and there is no need for both on our roster.

1) I think Dillon would have little to no value- he's probably a free agent after this year that anyone can sign. There's one of these type of guys every year in AAA.

2) I'd like to see Mordy stay on the team, but I don't think he should be the first off the bench in a PH situation like he has been lately.