The latest on Castro

Castro's status unchanged: Not much has changed in the status of catcher Ramon Castro, who has been on the disabled list since June 2 with inflammation in his right toe.

"He hasn't picked up a bat," McKeon said.?

Castro is getting treatment at the Marlins complex at Roger Dean Stadium in Jupiter, Fla., and he has not been with the team since going on the DL.

Matt Treanor was brought up as Castro's replacement, and he could be at the big-league level for a while.

McKeon repeated that Castro would have to win a spot back on the roster. Castro's future with the club remains in doubt.

Link to Article

How long could it possibly take to heal an inflamed toe? Seems more likely they have sent him out to pasture until they can deal him off.

I don't want him back. We know he can hit, and we know he can hit for power, but in all the chances he's had to prove himself, he hasn't hit for power, and he hasn't hit. Red's got the contact and to me it seems like he works better with the pitchers. Treanor's been very impressive and to tell you the truth I'm more comfortable with him as the backup catcher than Castro. Glad Jack will make him work for the spot, rather than just option Treanor and welcome Castro back with open arms. I feel bad for the guy, because I like him, but that's the way it goes. As for the toe, that must be some inflammation.

Also, we've always got Mordy. :p