Devil Rays @ Marlins 7:35 PM EDT 7/2

CapeFish

-- vs. --

Bell 2-3, 5.50 -------- vs. -------- Pavano 9-2, 2.78

Pitcher vs. Batter: Bell vs. FLA -- Pavano vs. TB

Date: July 2nd, 2004

Time: 7:35 PM EDT (Most of Florida)/6:35 PM CDT (Panhandle)

Anti-Jinx: Engaged from now until the end of this game

Cape's Prediction: Pavano and the Marlins win.

TV: FSN Florida (Marlins TV Crew...No Rays TV), MLB.tv

Radio: 560 WQAM/Marlins Radio, 1140 WQBA/Espa?ol, 970 WFLA/Devil Rays Radio, MLB.com Gameday Audio

Weather: Forecast and Current Conditions

Courtesy of: MLB.com, ESPN.com, and Weather.com

POSTIVE POST GAME THREAD!

Hey guys I found this message board last week when the Rays took 2 of 3 from the Fish. Although a Rays fan I see a lot of the Marlins on FSN. I enjoy watching them when the Rays aren't playing. It should be another good series. Pavano was nasty on Sunday against us. He will be tough to beat again. About Bell , he is the most inconsistant pitcher ever, but when his "power" change is on he can be decent. I have one question. Do you guys like Alex Gonzalez?? He is my least favorite player in baseball. Just look at what he did tonight, being thrown out twice trying to take the extra base, give me a break! That guy thinks he's some kind of HOF'er with his .239 BA. Anyway, lets go Rays!!!

Fear Jesus Colome and his 101 mph fastball

Hey guys I found this message board last week when the Rays took 2 of 3 from the Fish. Although a Rays fan I see a lot of the Marlins on FSN. I enjoy watching them when the Rays aren't playing. It should be another good series. Pavano was nasty on Sunday against us. He will be tough to beat again. About Bell , he is the most inconsistant pitcher ever, but when his "power" change is on he can be decent. I have one question. Do you guys like Alex Gonzalez?? He is my least favorite player in baseball. Just look at what he did tonight, being thrown out twice trying to take the extra base, give me a break! That guy thinks he's some kind of HOF'er with his .239 BA. Anyway, lets go Rays!!!

Fear Jesus Colome and his 101 mph fastball

436093[/snapback]

if you really think that a gon thinks he is a HOFer than you are.....#$%^&*

a gon is arguably the best defensive SS in the game...im glad we have him

his batting can be decent, hes an incredibly streaky player

when the offense is on its on, if its not then its terribly not

Biggest Differences from the NL to the AL for Dummies

1. The Designated Hitter. NL fans despise it for the large part, it is not real baseball.

2. The Double Switch. An NL art managers must master that the AL rarely sees.

3. The Shortstop's job. In the NL, defense for the SS is much more important than offense. Reverse is true in AL.

Today everyone will hold a candle in the first inning.

Ladies and gentlemen, on this day Friday, July 2, 2004 the Florida Marlins will exceed all standards of a good baseball team. July will be a very bright month for the Florida Marlins. They will finish with the best record of the NL, making mince meat out of every team in their way.

The Florida Marlins will once again show why they are the World Series Champions. This is the begginning of the glory!

Today everyone will hold a candle in the first inning.

Ladies and gentlemen, on this day Friday, July 2, 2004 the Florida Marlins will exceed all standards of a good baseball team. July will be a very bright month for the Florida Marlins. They will finish with the best record of the NL, making mince meat out of every team in their way.

The Florida Marlins will once again show why they are the World Series Champions. This is the begginning of the glory!

436313[/snapback]

Amen! :)

Massive work stoppage in South Florida

South Florida Fish fans can't seem to do much work today due to the fact that everyone is crossing their fingers, hoping for a much needed win tonight against the Tampa Bay Devil Rays......

:whistle

3. The Shortstop's job. In the NL, defense for the SS is much more important than offense. Reverse is true in AL.

436130[/snapback]

why is that?

436777[/snapback]

Because in the NL the power is more to the third and first basemen, while the AL usually has weaker third basemen.