What is up with Penny?

tealfins

In watching Penny pitch on Saturday....I noticed he hardly threw his fast ball and when he did it barely reached 95 a few times.....Has anybodyelse noticed this?

I am just hoping that he is not showing signs like Dempster did where his FB tailed off in MPH, then after trade he goes out for TJ surgery.....could this be Penn's fate?

Afterall, AJ, Dempster pitched some serious innings with our team over the past several years....and Penny was in the mix as well (knock on wood) I hope that is not the case....but another starter this year could be beneficial in several ways.

1) If Beckett is not capable of returning to rotation on a regular basis, we have a legitimate sub

2) At end of season, should FO not sign both Penny and Pavano...we have replacement

3) If DTrain continues his woes of SP'ing....he can contribute significantly in our bullpen

4) Should Penny or any other pitcher go on DL later in season, we have ML starter in our midst

Ponder that.... :marlins

Part of the problem with Penny's last start had alot to do with the game he pitched before that. He was 2-3 pitches away from being fully warm when they had the 3 1/2 hour rain delay. I was shocked that they let him pitch, usually, in a rain delay, if the pitcher has sat for an hour, they wont let him go in. Penny throws full throttle when warming up, then to sit that long and warm up again? Anyway, he sd his last start his arm felt really tight and he couldnt get things working. But sd besides this spider bite, he feels really good.

Not to mention that the offense has scored 1 run in his last 34 innings pitched!! Think maybe that puts a little extra pressure on the pitcher? He probably goes out thinking if I give up 1 run, we cant win. His run support is just about the lowest in the nl.

Guest Juanky

Not to mention that the offense has scored 1 run in his last 34 innings pitched!! Think maybe that puts a little extra pressure on the pitcher? He probably goes out thinking if I give up 1 run, we cant win. His run support is just about the lowest in the nl.

445209[/snapback]

Yup, him and AJ have been in the same boat all year

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.