Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trade Beckett

Featured Replies

I've heard on the street that they SHOULD trade Beckett because he is always on the DL. Not that they will be doing this but you guys think the Marlins should trade him?

No way! Because when he is healthy, he is one of the best pitchers in the game.

 

 

Do you want some other team to say that?

  • Author

I just hope the same thing does not happen again. If it continues to do so. I think we should let him go. Its gonna be hard to but that cant keep hapening.

  • Author

Well the fixed the problem for the second half last season, maybe they'll do the same this season.

459392[/snapback]

 

 

I sure hope so.

 

When we didnt have AJ we had Josh. But when Josh comes back....man our pitching rotation is gonna be so strong. And I think that will give the bullpen more confidence and all the other starters as well.

You can't trade Beckett, now. If he gets healthy for the final stretch, we'll be hard to beat for the East.

yup....i think we even got a better rotation then the Yanks IMO

459408[/snapback]

no kidding

of course our 5 are better than theirs

The trade Beckett ideas are stupid. Now if he was 30-35 now they are plausible but he is still 24. How many pitchers can boast even a record at that age.

Crazy as it sounds, trading your World Series MVP might make sense if we could pick up a fifth starter and either a frontline catcher or powerhouse OFer.

 

A team like Baltimore (used for example purposes only), being out of it already would be able to baby Beckett through 2004 in hopes of having a longterm ace to build their staff around in 2005.

 

With Burnett back, and Willis, Pavano, and Penny (all you'd need in the playoff rounds) the Marlins would be giving alot but would demand alot in return.

 

Am I in favor of it? Not really, but if the FO made a compelling case based on acquisitions the idea has some merit.

 

But frankly if I was going to trade one of our starters (putting on my flame-retardant uni) it would be Penny, based solely on what he'll command $$$-wise in the off-season.

Crazy as it sounds, trading your World Series MVP might make sense if we could pick up a fifth starter and either a frontline catcher or powerhouse OFer.

 

A team like Baltimore (used for example purposes only), being out of it already would be able to baby Beckett through 2004 in hopes of having a longterm ace to build their staff around in 2005.

 

With Burnett back, and Willis, Pavano, and Penny (all you'd need in the playoff rounds) the Marlins would be giving alot but would demand alot in return.

 

Am I in favor of it? Not really, but if the FO made a compelling case based on acquisitions the idea has some merit.

 

But frankly if I was going to trade one of our starters (putting on my flame-retardant uni) it would be Penny, based solely on what he'll command $$$-wise in the off-season.

459445[/snapback]

Ok I got one sentance that says your wrong. The FO won't trade Beckett because he is A) Injured and B) You can't give up on a guy with the potential to become one of the great Texas Aces (Clemens, Wood, Ryan).

Crazy as it sounds, trading your World Series MVP might make sense if we could pick up a fifth starter and either a frontline catcher or powerhouse OFer.

 

A team like Baltimore (used for example purposes only), being out of it already would be able to baby Beckett through 2004 in hopes of having a longterm ace to build their staff around in 2005.

 

With Burnett back, and Willis, Pavano, and Penny (all you'd need in the playoff rounds) the Marlins would be giving alot but would demand alot in return.

 

Am I in favor of it? Not really, but if the FO made a compelling case based on acquisitions the idea has some merit.

 

But frankly if I was going to trade one of our starters (putting on my flame-retardant uni) it would be Penny, based solely on what he'll command $$$-wise in the off-season.

459445[/snapback]

mi hijo, you think you want to trade Beckett for Randy Johnson and Luis Gonzalez? You got to be kidding me man

  • Author

Crazy as it sounds, trading your World Series MVP might make sense if we could pick up a fifth starter and either a frontline catcher or powerhouse OFer.

 

A team like Baltimore (used for example purposes only), being out of it already would be able to baby Beckett through 2004 in hopes of having a longterm ace to build their staff around in 2005.

 

With Burnett back, and Willis, Pavano, and Penny (all you'd need in the playoff rounds) the Marlins would be giving alot but would demand alot in return.

 

Am I in favor of it? Not really, but if the FO made a compelling case based on acquisitions the idea has some merit.

 

But frankly if I was going to trade one of our starters (putting on my flame-retardant uni) it would be Penny, based solely on what he'll command $$$-wise in the off-season.

459445[/snapback]

mi hijo, you think you want to trade Beckett for Randy Johnson and Luis Gonzalez? You got to be kidding me man

459487[/snapback]

 

I dont think he said that if you were saying he did....lol

  • Author

I just really hope this guy can stay healthy....I mean its always the damn blisters.....About how many times has he been put on the DL for the blister problem?

Crazy as it sounds, trading your World Series MVP might make sense if we could pick up a fifth starter and either a frontline catcher or powerhouse OFer.

 

A team like Baltimore (used for example purposes only), being out of it already would be able to baby Beckett through 2004 in hopes of having a longterm ace to build their staff around in 2005.

 

With Burnett back, and Willis, Pavano, and Penny (all you'd need in the playoff rounds) the Marlins would be giving alot but would demand alot in return.

 

Am I in favor of it? Not really, but if the FO made a compelling case based on acquisitions the idea has some merit.

 

But frankly if I was going to trade one of our starters (putting on my flame-retardant uni) it would be Penny, based solely on what he'll command $$$-wise in the off-season.

459445[/snapback]

mi hijo, you think you want to trade Beckett for Randy Johnson and Luis Gonzalez? You got to be kidding me man

459487[/snapback]

 

I dont think he said that if you were saying he did....lol

459500[/snapback]

 

 

Thanks Marlins2k3Champs for actually reading what I wrote and for having the comprehension skills to understand I wasn't advocating trading Josh Beckett. :thumbup

if they want to trade beckett, the yanks or baltimore would be a great deal...

 

 

hell even boston, send over wakefield and nomar baby...

 

 

i wouldnt mind that....

  • Author

if they want to trade beckett, the yanks or baltimore would be a great deal...

 

 

hell even boston, send over wakefield and nomar baby...

 

 

i wouldnt mind that....

459569[/snapback]

 

we dont need nomar....we got gonzalez and i rather keep gonzalez because he plays better D

Nah not yet. Right now anyways, I don't think you could get as much back. Let him comeback and dominate then there could be a case if the price were right, but I just don't see them trading this guy any time in the near future

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.