40-48 record

farmer_fran

I wish, I wish, I wish we had Carlos Beltran.

474002[/snapback]

Their are cheaper players to be had that can match his OBP. The marlins need bullpen help in Villone who would be a better option. They should also be looking into Lidle and Adams as a starter/relief help

18 wins since May 31st seems just right for this team right now.

Tonight pretty much summed up how the Marlins have played during much of that stretch. No hitting with RISP, and Castillo and Lowell both strike out looking in the 9th down by 4 runs. On top of that, the usually reliable defense let us down big time. The Expos, the EXPOS, without their best player, capitalized on every opportunity tonight.

The reality of it is that the Marlins really weren't hitting much during the 30-20 stretch to start the season, but they did the little things and found ways to win just like last season. I'm sorry, but 2 of our top guys looking at third strikes in the 9th inning and a catcher failing to step on home on a force play are signs of a .500 team AT BEST.

It's not over yet, but they better hurry up 'cause the Braves and Phillies have room for improvement as well.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.