Jose Hernandez traded to Cubs

Ramp

Although I am (as you all painfully know) still firmly a part of the dark side who thinks Lowell is a goner, I have to admit that this does provide a sliver of hope. Further, it's a sliver of hope that is not rumor, innuendo, fantasy or pipedream, but an actual fact.

I still worry that the Dodgers are going to make it happen, especially as the NL West tightens even more. They might not have or want to give up what Beinfest wants, so a three-way trade is still a very definite possibility.

All in all, score a minor victory for the eternal optimists on the board.

All in all, score a minor victory for the eternal optimists on the board.

lol Fillet! Every board needs that one or two people that keeps people reasonable or least somewhat in touch with reality. :lol

This trade could mean something or it could mean nothing as the Cubs could jsut move him to SS or trade him away. If this means the Cubs are out the picture it could mean the best possible deal is also off the table as well. I don't want Dodgers heap in Beltre, but the Mariners prospects are intriguing and almost comparable to the Cubs. If we can make the climb to .500 maybe the FO will start talking contract extension.

I still worry that the Dodgers are going to make it happen, especially as the NL West tightens even more.

I still disagree...

The Cubs were the likely front-runner to obtain Lowell, because of their depth of prospects. Now that it seems as if the leader in the Lowell race has dropped out, it might just be a signal that Lowell ain't leavin'!

Tim Kurkjian was just on ESPNews and he said he still thinks the Cubs will pursue Mike Lowell(meaning Hernandez is just a stop gap)..... but nothing will happen till the All Star Break....

that's it

that offer isnt going to work, and the cubs are just trying to build a better team, they have to be dumb to try to offer that as the part of a deal to replace lowell with hernandez.

not going to happen, lowells not going anywhere

They have Alex S. at SS, and then they would have Lowell at third...

There would be no room for Jose... I would think that because he is cheap and maybe considered somewhat of a hitter, he would be included in any part of a deal...

hernandez has played 3rd before