Front Office

Malman

Kudos to Beinfest and staff for giving Cabrera a chance. They could have easily stayed with Banks/Hollandsworth and waited for a return on their investment. They were willing to admit a mistake and have hopefully found a way to rectify it. I for one, can't wait to see Cabs this weekend.

Let's hope DW has found some competition for Rookie of the Year!

Mal, I agree completely.

And the good thing about this is if he (Cabrera) works out that means we have a $300,000 a year left fielder instead of a $1.5 million or $3 million left fielder next year if we have to find someone new.

Cabrera's success may significantly help keep Mike Lowell. Cabrera isn't going anywhere for the next six years. Being able to bring along guys like Willis and Cabrera, if they pan out, means so much to the economics of this team while the FO gets ticket sales up to where it belongs.

Beinfest deserves credit for implementing his vision of this team. With the limited resources available to him and the unwinding of the old losing Marlins, I've come to believe he is capable of bringing winning baseball back to south florida.

They've got to keep Lowell. I just won't be able to bear losing this guy. Losing Castillo I can handle. 7 million for even a great leadoff hitter is pretty tough to justify. Bringing up Cabrera and now hearing about the Cubs trade gives me some hope...

I can't say all their moves have worked out, but I give them credit for not settling. That team last year had a lot of promise and didn't succeed, so they changed it. This team struggled early so they made a coaching change. Now they're playing much more consistently and they want to take advantage of all the cards in their deck.

now this could have all been avoided if we neva gave up Millar 4 nothing!!!!!

but anywayz it all works out very very nice...

millar could never field. and he dissed everyone, signing a contract and then leaving from japan after you signed a contract, you just dont do that. just causes more conflicts with japan league players comign to US MLB

lol ramp i been ova it, i mean i wont lie with ya there have been times this season i have said to my self "damn, he is tearing it up with the redsox" and than i look at Holly and said to my self STIFF STIFF STIFF!!!!!!

the man couldnt make it with the DUDGERS,Rockies, and Rangers i mean that right there should have told us he was a bum......

I miss preston and cliff too CLIFF SUXS this year, Preston was a class act the best CF we have eva had in our History i wish him the best of luck.....

Preston this year batting 323 15 HR's 62 RBI"s.....

AMAZING

stop stressing this guy, yes he has done good in the minors, but let him prove his statistics in the major league before treating him as a king and will take the marlins to the world series. first let him prove his statistic consistenly, then go busting nuts on how great he is.

ramp, the guys sucked, over ran balls, didnt know basic features of charging the ball get it in his glove before trying to throw. he just isnt made for it. he sucked plain and simpel no way around it.

cliff sucks, wilson would have a way less productive year wthout Coors, if we were to put him back at PPS he' be the same thing with a bigger salary

ill take hitting ova fielding any day.....

wonderful...

we wouldnt of had Mark Redman though...

so get over it 0o0o0o that pitcher guy whose been dominant this year?

No I'd rather have Kevin than him on the mound and Cabs in LF! :rolleyes:

Redman has been better for us on the mound this season than Millar has been at the plate for them, respectfully...

stop stressing this guy, yes he has done good in the minors, but let him prove his statistics in the major league before treating him as a king and will take the marlins to the world series. first let him prove his statistic consistenly, then go busting nuts on how great he is.

ramp, the guys sucked, over ran balls, didnt know basic features of charging the ball get it in his glove before trying to throw. he just isnt made for it. he sucked plain and simpel no way around it.

cliff sucks, wilson would have a way less productive year wthout Coors, if we were to put him back at PPS he' be the same thing with a bigger salary

lol very true, i cant remember how many times I witnessed seeing balls go right under Millars glove since he was trying to throw and get the ball in one motion.

However, I still think Millar's offense makes up for his defense easily. Millar made most of the plays out there anyways.. its not like canseco was out there in LF. His defense might have been exaggerated since he was slow and he often joked about it. Eric Owens might have been worse defensively from what I saw last year, but his hustle and speed didnt cause the team to label him as bad as millar, but owens cost us games out there, probably more than millar.

EBO hasn't been as wonderful as the Halo's would like, but he fills the need for them. Beinfest is being smart, try Cabs and see how he does. If he does well no trades may be needed and he can keep the team for a run. If he struggles, then you have a small problem. It's a no-brainer!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.