Glad Choi is Gone!

this is just asinine.

you're "glad" choi is gone?

anyone who wouldnt trade juan encarnacion for hee seop choi in a heartbeat has to be dipping into ricky's not-so-secret stash.

490363[/snapback]

agreed

his OBP is sick, especially for a 25 year old

once he learns how to hit, he'll be a perennial all star (all of korea will vote for him)

We would have scored more runs with Choi batting 1st, 2nd or 3rd and Redmond 8th than LoDuca 3rd and Enc 8th.

My baseless fact of the day that I can't prove you can't challenge me on.

But it makes sense, doesn't it? As much as you may hate Beane, James and OBP you have to admit it's atleast the third most important stat for your top three hitters.

Choi can't take an outside pitch to left...cant hit a breaking pitch....cant hit lefties....cant hit with RISP.....just average fielding....so i dont see him becoming big in the future.....270 with 25 hr's 75 rbi's ....in the future will be his best year of his career if he ever did that

Odd he's already close to .270 and 25 HRs in his first full year in the majors and has better RISP numbers than the Marlins' RBI leader.

But I forget once you suck you always suck. That's why no one gave Darren Oliver props for his work in the bullpen and it took weeks for people to notice Conine's resurrection.

Do you pay the Marlins players? No, so what do you care if we have more to shell out or not. Choi had his opportunity and we decided to trade him along with Penny for other guys.

You all forget sometime, trades aren't one for one. It's Penny + Choi + Murphy for Lo Duca + Mota + Enc...it's a package deal. We didn't just trade for Enc, and I for one am willing to part ways with Mr. Walks-&-K's-too-much as well as Brad "I'm so vain" Penny.

What exactly makes Brad so vain? I don't recall seeing him gazing lovingly into a mirror in the dug out.

Then again, if you looked like him... I guess you'd be vain too.

490520[/snapback]

He glances many times at the radar gun readout to see how fast he can throw his fastball...it's been shown many times that he does it.

choi could not get a hit with RISP , against lefties, and was too selective...and was barely average in the field

490218[/snapback]

agreed.

Choi looks so hopeless when he bats. He cant hit breaking pitches.

490327[/snapback]

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure he just cant hit the fastball inside not the breaking balls.

You guys are always so quick to point out Lo Duca's second half struggles, but Choi's career OPS after the all-star break : .616. Whether this trade hurts us in the future remains to be seen, but it will help us out now.

490594[/snapback]

Dood this is Choi's second season and his first full season.

Kind of hard to compare them two.

You guys are always so quick to point out Lo Duca's second half struggles, but Choi's career OPS after the all-star break : .616. Whether this trade hurts us in the future remains to be seen, but it will help us out now.

490594[/snapback]

thats only this season

loduca's had a whole career to work on his

How often did Choi even get to hit lefties??? Like 4 times this season or something... sheesh stop the hating!

I'm not complaining about the trade, i just miss him... i understand what they are trying to do though.

490176[/snapback]

damn ur crazy...other manager put choi vs lefties as soon as they got a chance