Glad Choi is Gone!

CantCatchMe

You Choi lovers crack me up. :rofl

The bottom line is, Choi was killing us. :hanged

He produced, without a doubt, the least offense of any MLB first baseman since June 1. This is what he did at a position that requires a great bat, because just about any MLB player can give you adequate defense there:

Choi stats before June 1: 11 HR; 27 RBI

Choi stats since June 1: 4 HR; 13 RBI

Not to mention that robust .194 BA against LHP!

Talk about fading in the second half! Only 13 RBI? Those numbers are plain pitiful, especially for a first baseman.

Encarnacion historically has been much better; even with his struggling he's been e a little better than Choi (6 HR and 16 RBI since June 1) and brings gold glove quality defense. :super

So Enc for Choi in the lineup is a slight offensive upgrade (a big one if Enc comes back to his career averages) and a huge defensive upgrade for the team (Conine is as good defensively at 1B as Choi, and Enc is one of the best outfieldrs in MLB).

So Choi lovers, get over it. :violin

It was a good trade for the Marlins.

:marlins

:deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse :deadhorse

like we needed another thread on the trade

even though I am for the trade, saying Enc is better than Choi is some BS.... atleast this year

We'll regret the trade when we are in rebuilding mode 2 years from now while choi is hitting 35-40 homers a year.

490283[/snapback]

and for argument sake what if he is still hitting in the low 20s and is still hitting .270?

and what if Stokes becomes the real deal or we have a good 1B then?

We'll regret the trade when we are in rebuilding mode 2 years from now while choi is hitting 35-40 homers a year.

490283[/snapback]

and for argument sake what if he is still hitting in the low 20s and is still hitting .270?

and what if Stokes becomes the real deal or we have a good 1B then?

490289[/snapback]

Then the trade would have worked wonderfully. I don't see your scenario happening though. With choi's power, patience, and potential, it is hard for me to imagine a scenario where he doesn't succeed. We essesntially get nothing for letting lee go. Dandy...

never question anything about Lowell whats wrong with you, he cant do wrong, even if he grounds out into DP he has hit 22 HR and is batting over .300 and 64 rbi's i believe and most of his HR are solo so its not like he is getting all his RBI's off HR he is getting hits and doubles with runners on

490283[/snapback]

if we win a championship this year, who cares.

490288[/snapback]

:notworthy :thumbup :thumbup

And more importantly if we get a new stadium deal funded then who cares

490283[/snapback]

490288[/snapback]

490336[/snapback]

We should think about actually winning a game against a last place team in the second half before we think about championships, much less the playoffs.

it dosent matter he makes up for it in every other way i'll take anything the Lowell does even if he does something bad he always comes through for us like i said before there is nothing the Mike Lowell does that is wrong, after all he gives us. im not sure if he is but i consider him the captain and he is hero in Miami being that he went to High school and College here now plays for the home team and is a 3time all star and the second best 3B in the NL (behind Rolen got to give him credit) that boy is nasty

490283[/snapback]

490288[/snapback]

490336[/snapback]

We should think about actually winning a game against a last place team in the second half before we think about championships, much less the playoffs.

490339[/snapback]

the expos arent as bad as you think. they got off to a terrible terrible start but they've been playing pretty good ball as of late. they are 10-6 in the second half i believe.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.