Calling all Isotope Fans!

Arnie1941

While waiting for response from Albuquerque Isotopes... wondered if anyone knows anything about OF Robb Stratton. He has 26 HR, 58 RBI, hitting 252 (226 ABs) and Slugging 637.

(Isotopes are AAA Pacific League.) While waiting I have my broom ready for today's sweep!

You forgot the ONE other important factor - he's already struck 100 TIMES this season!

I've been following him since spring training, I've been a closet Robert Stratton admirer but its all or nothing with him. In fact I was planning to wait until he hit 30 hrs before posting here but you beat me to the punch.

I keep thinking the Marlins ought to hire him a hitting coach and see if they can do something about his inability to define a proper strike zone. This guy is going to hit 50+ hrs this season, but also he'll probably strike out 200 times (ala Preston Wilson).

Personally, I'd love to see a big bopper coming off the bench in the late innings and I'd like it to be Stratton. If I were the Marlins, I invest $20k (+/-) in a specialty instructor to see if he can tame his wild swinging. If they succeeded, Strattons only going to make $300k a year, he'd be one more inexpensive chip to offset the increased cost of keep a Mike Lowell, etc.

Thanks for post.

You forgot the ONE other important factor - he's already struck 100 TIMES this season!

I've been following him since spring training, I've been a closet Robert Stratton admirer but its all or nothing with him. In fact I was planning to wait until he hit 30 hrs before posting here but you beat me to the punch.

I keep thinking the Marlins ought to hire him a hitting coach and see if they can do something about his inability to define a proper strike zone. This guy is going to hit 50+ hrs this season, but also he'll probably strike out 200 times (ala Preston Wilson).

Personally, I'd love to see a big bopper coming off the bench in the late innings and I'd like it to be Stratton. If I were the Marlins, I invest $20k (+/-) in a specialty instructor to see if he can tame his wild swinging. If they succeeded, Strattons only going to make $300k a year, he'd be one more inexpensive chip to offset the increased cost of keep a Mike Lowell, etc.

Thanks for post.

Thanks for your perspective on Robert Stratton. Arnie, Boynton Beach, FL

Thanks for post.

Had another Robert Stratton query. (Forgot who, this is all too confusing...came under lenghty "Anybody left on the Farm"). Sent him to my earlier "Calling Isotope Fans" and recommended your excellent response thereto. Arnie, Boynton Beach, FL

I'm not complaining at all about signing Pudge, but the further we get into the season it becomes obvious that the Marlins are shortchanging themselves (as well as the fans) by carrying three catchers.

We need that roster spot for a BAT off the bench. Whether its Stratton or someone else, down the home stretch we're going to need someone who can deliver a tieing or winning run in the eighth and ninth innings.

What are you talking about? Redmond off the bench gives us a great contact hittier, same for Castro, except Castro also comes with power...

Wild, let's agree to disagree. I like all three catchers we have, and yes each brings his own unique bat to the plate. I'm simply saying that in light of the financial realities facing our team, having a $300k guy who can win a game with one swing of the bat is a guy I'd like to see on the Marlins IF we are going to make a run.

But let's not argue over a hypothetical like this. I enjoy your posts and I hope you do mine. We both want the same thing, a winning Marlins team.

AAA Pacific League is becoming almost an equal if not inferior to AA Southern League for good pitching. They need to replenish with some new talent.

By the way, do the Isotopes have a radio station that streams online? I would like to listen to them tomorrow on the off day. I know the Mudcats used to. Thank You

While waiting for response from Albuquerque Isotopes... wondered if anyone knows anything about OF Robb Stratton. He has 26 HR, 58 RBI, hitting 252 (226 ABs) and Slugging 637.

(Isotopes are AAA Pacific League.) While waiting I have my broom ready for today's sweep!

what u forgot to say is that he has like 105 K's

Stratton is an interesting case because of his immense power numbers. His K totals are equally as striking at 104, but also 2nd on the team with 21 walks, although I'm sure half of those are intentionals because of the power threat. His OBP has squeeked over .300 and stands at .309 which still isn't good, but respectable for a man of his power. Would be an interesting call-up in September or if someone gets injured. Lets see what he does in the second half....does he keep up the record setting strikeout pace or go for more plate discipline and avg?

Stratton is an interesting case because of his immense power numbers. His K totals are equally as striking at 104, but also 2nd on the team with 21 walks, although I'm sure half of those are intentionals because of the power threat. His OBP has squeeked over .300 and stands at .309 which still isn't good, but respectable for a man of his power. Would be an interesting call-up in September or if someone gets injured. Lets see what he does in the second half....does he keep up the record setting strikeout pace or go for more plate discipline and avg?

but remeber that OBP can be .300 + cuz of his HR too

Only reason I brought up OBP was because a week or so ago it was below .300 which is horrible so maybe he is concentrating more on working counts instead of swinging for the fences on every count. and his HR's are a just a fraction of his total OBP...which includes 10 2B, 21BB, and 22 singles.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.