MY MVP

playattheplate

I gotta say Alex Gonzalez is my mvp, in my book, this season! I am really proud of him, most of all because I did not care for his style in the beginning...but I have really grown to appreciate his quality over quantity in his offense. And his wonderful defense!

I think we really get spoiled watching his defensive skills, he saves runs!

And when he does hit, it's always MEANINGFUL! Which used to my biggest gripe with D Lee...NO CLUTCH ...Lee was great at getting a run in a 9-2 game, us on top or bottom, but not close games?

And I really have adjusted to his style. I think Ozzie helped last year tremendously with his attitude. Meaning that he came off sometimes as not enjoying being a ML Baseball player. And I really appreciate getting to watch him from the beginning and his improvement all around, through the years!

And you can see he's been trying hard to improve as a player, and is upset with himself when he fails...and that will always impress me in a player! :thumbup

Of course, everyone I call my favorite, ends up gone all the time?? Hope that's not the case!!

Love JP...but, not the player he was last year? That man got himself on base, somehow...some way...and was standing at third before you could blink an eye!! ...with less than two outs!!

With pudge and lowell coming up! They would get a run up on the board so fast! Now....they sometimes never score a run for innings!!

Lowell, unfortunetly has done "his thing" ,only good for half a season? I think, imo, it's because he fatigues at the end. And needs to be forced on the bench once in a while to save his energy for the whole season!

REMEMBER...WE DID GREAT WITHOUT A SLUMPING LOWELL LAST YEAR AT THE END! MIGUEL DID WONDERFUL AT THIRD...AND MAYBE THAT ACTUALLY HELPED US!!!! NOT HAVING A STRUGGLING LOWELL WEIGHING US DOWN!

And when he came back...he was more rested, and hit a bomb in Chi in Playoffs and saved our ass!

*Pavano- not out there EVERY DAY

*Benitez can't help us if were not winning??????????????

Lowell, unfortunetly has done "his thing" ,only good for half a season? I think, imo, it's because he fatigues at the end. And needs to be forced on the bench once in a while to save his energy for the whole season!

REMEMBER...WE DID GREAT WITHOUT A SLUMPING LOWELL LAST YEAR AT THE END! MIGUEL DID WONDERFUL AT THIRD...AND MAYBE THAT ACTUALLY HELPED US!!!! NOT HAVING A STRUGGLING LOWELL WEIGHING US DOWN!

And when he came back...he was more rested, and hit a bomb in Chi in Playoffs and saved our ass!

*Pavano- not out there EVERY DAY

*Benitez can't help us if were not winning??????????????

512202[/snapback]

I weigh more than Gonzo is hitting. How you can claim Gonzo and Beckett are more valuable to us than the players I listed is amazing. Castillo and Pierre have been much more valuable than Gonzo.

yea, Alex will be gone next year, imo

512096[/snapback]

Why do you say that? Don't we have him under contract next year for like 3 million or so?

As for this topic, there is no way in hell Gonzo is more valuable to us this year than Pavano, Cabrera, Lowell, and Benitez.

512184[/snapback]

Don't you know? Ramp is a Legend! A Legend in his own mind :thumbup

512096[/snapback]

Why do you say that? Don't we have him under contract next year for like 3 million or so?

As for this topic, there is no way in hell Gonzo is more valuable to us this year than Pavano, Cabrera, Lowell, and Benitez.

512184[/snapback]

I assumed Alex was arby eligible... did we sign him to a 2 year deal?

even so, I could see him being traded to Boston for some prospects with Josh Wilson taking over SS in 05

512096[/snapback]

512184[/snapback]

I assumed Alex was arby eligible... did we sign him to a 2 year deal?

even so, I could see him being traded to Boston for some prospects with Josh Wilson taking over SS in 05

512259[/snapback]

How good and how old is Wilson? I can't imagine taking a chance on a rookie with Gonzo signed so cheaply. I have a feeling Boston may sign Renteria in the offseason.

Guest FishFanInPA

My MVP is one of two people....it's either Matt Perisho or Billy Koch....

Srriously....it's Admin Beinfest for the deals he's made.....he's positioned this team for many years to come.

I weigh more than Gonzo is hitting.? How you can claim Gonzo and Beckett are more valuable to us than the players I listed is amazing.? Castillo and Pierre have been much more valuable than Gonzo.

512206[/snapback]

You are one heavy man...

I don't know if I'd go as far as marking Alex as the 2004 MVP of this team, but I could not imagine this team without him. And I've said that for years. His offense is getting much better and nobody can deny that. Sure his batting average may be less than the very heavy NirvanaNole, but it's not horrible and he's been great in the clutch...

And I highly doubt he is gone next year. He's making less than $4 mil and his defense alone is a reason for him to stay. I think Gonzo and Luis are going to be our double play combo for years to come.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.