September Callups

Ramp

with September a little over a week away, who do you think will get the call for the last month when rosters expand?

you gotta think Willingham comes up if only for a few PH at bats

I guess Howard, Borland or Neu would get the call too just to have a bigger BP

any other thoughts?

possibly Sutton or Dillon

maybe Messenger gets the call and they boot someone off the 40 man roster...

there is always Chip Ambres too

Chip has been horrible. So has Neu last time I checked.

Gimme Borland(ERA at like 2.00 down in Albuquerque.), Sutton, Dillon, Howard, Gracesqui if he continues to pitch well at AAA, and Treanor.

Ryan Minor is at AA too.

I don't want Willingham up because he won't be getting everyday playing experience.

Gimme Borland(ERA at like 2.00 down in Albuquerque.), Sutton, Dillon, Howard, Gracesqui if he continues to pitch well at AAA, and Treanor.

Ryan Minor is at AA too.

I don't want Willingham up because he won't be getting everyday playing experience.

522237[/snapback]

Well won't the minor league season be over, so it wouldn't really hurt to have him at major league games, maybe get a few pinch hit at bats

Ryan Minor is at AA too.

522237[/snapback]

Well won't the minor league season be over, so it wouldn't really hurt to have him at major league games, maybe get a few pinch hit at bats

522240[/snapback]

Yeah, I guess so since neither the Mudcats or Isotopes are going to the playoffs.

Willingham better NOT get a call up. It does him no good at this point. Not until the minor league season is over anyway.

We could use some more arms like Small and Neu (this guy has better ability than he has shown). I am not too excited about Borland, but what the hell.

I dont see a whole lot of help coming from the Sept. call ups though.

I wouldn't want to see Willingham again... but Treanor should re-join the team. Michael Tejera could also be called up (yeah, I know I'm not going to be popular by saying this). I would also like to see Matt Padgett get the call... he's batting around .287 with 19 HR for AAA. He's a legit power-type guy that plays the outfield well. I doubt they'll pay attention to him, though.

I agree with calling Tejera back up.

willingham would be worthless

willingham wont get any opportunities most likely anyways

522309[/snapback]

It's better than him sitting at home. I think all the people who want Willingham to be called up mean they want him up once the Mudcats season ends.

He could be a useful PH. We have 15 open spots anyway, and I know we won't use them all but I don't think he'd be wortheless.

Willingham, who will likely have a starting or key bench role next year, should get another chance to atleast pinch-hit and fill-in at first, left and right.

Gracesqui and Howard too.

Keep Wayne in the minors. He'll probably be starting next year so you don't want to tire his arm with extra work.

Willingham, who will likely have a starting or key bench role next year, should get another chance to atleast pinch-hit and fill-in at first, left and right.

Gracesqui and Howard too.

Keep Wayne in the minors. He'll probably be starting next year so you don't want to tire his arm with extra work.

522340[/snapback]

Willingham wont be starting anytime soon for us. Not as long as we have Lo Duca - and he will be here next year. But I would like to see Willy get some time at AAA and refine his D over the next year.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.