Gay Republicans miffed at party

Shamrock

How many Gay republicans are there?? There aren't too many.

533717[/snapback]

I'm disturbed but not surprised by your complete lack of research that your comment displays. The gay community makes up about 5% of the electorate with approximately 1/3 sitting in the Republican camp. This number is probably low due to people still afraid to become open with their sexuality.

533717[/snapback]

I'm disturbed but not surprised by your complete lack of research that your comment displays. The gay community makes up about 5% of the electorate with approximately 1/3 sitting in the Republican camp. This number is probably low due to people still afraid to become open with their sexuality.

533827[/snapback]

:lol

Wow. Lack of research? I asked a question. I didn't know the answer. So I asked. That's the point of a question.

Don't give me that holier than thou bs man, I'm not buying it.

How many Gay republicans are there? There aren't too many.

533717[/snapback]

533827[/snapback]

Wow. Lack of research? I asked a question. I didn't know the answer. So I asked. That's the point of a question.

533920[/snapback]

It was a well known fact. There was even a huge group in 2000 called Gays and Lesbians for Bush. They voted for Bush because they agreed on other issues. Tammy Bruce (a lesbian radio host) is an example. http://www.tammybruce.com/

533717[/snapback]

533827[/snapback]

533920[/snapback]

Sorry about the tude' dude, but it looked as if your question was sarcastic after you answered it with your next sentence.

533717[/snapback]

533827[/snapback]

533920[/snapback]

Sorry about the tude' dude, but it looked as if your question was sarcastic after you answered it with your next sentence.

533955[/snapback]

It's cool bro. Last I heard gays made up about 4% of the population. Slicing into that to make the number of gay republicans decreases that percentage even more.

Looking makes me believe that the number of gay republicans isn't too great. True, I haven't really done my reading on the "Log Cabin" republicans, although I have seen them in the news a couple times.

It's never good to turn off supporters based on one issue. But in this situation I believe that there's no turning back.

I can't feel much sympathy for gay republicans. They always act like it is a huge surprise that the rest of the republicans don't like them...I'd love to know what cave these people live in!

My partner's cousin and his lover are high up in the republican party AND the boy scouts in central pennsylvania. He does not seem to think that either group would kick him out if he told them he was gay. :blink: