Kruk: "Marlins 3rd best fundamentally sound team"

Accord

Bah.. My order of those three.. Cards, Fish, Yanks.. Since when were the Yanks ever fundamentally sound? Can they even bunt? Sacrifice runners over? Steal bases? Pitch? lol

557675[/snapback]

Not to burst your bubble either but since when are the Cards fundamentaly sound this year, they half about don't tell me that lineup bunts better than the Marlins, turns the double play, moves runners over better, thats how the win, STL doesnt need small ball to win games?

I agree - I think the Marlins are a much better fundamentals team than both the Yankees and Cards. In fact, I would rank the Braves and Giants up there too - before Yanks and Cards.

Did anyone not gush over that bunt that Lo Duca laid down? How many #3 hitters on either of those clubs can pull that off so effectively?

Bah.. My order of those three.. Cards, Fish, Yanks.. Since when were the Yanks ever fundamentally sound? Can they even bunt? Sacrifice runners over? Steal bases? Pitch? lol

557675[/snapback]

IMO The Yanks aren't fundamentally sound at all.

557675[/snapback]

Not to burst your bubble either but since when are the Cards fundamentaly sound this year, they half about don't tell me that lineup bunts better than the Marlins, turns the double play, moves runners over better, thats how the win, STL doesnt need small ball to win games?

557677[/snapback]

The Cards play small ball well when they need it. They don't score 9 runs every game.

557677[/snapback]

Not to burst your's either..

Batting Average:

5. St Louis .277 (1st NL)

11. NY Yanks .271

18. Florida .266

HomeRuns:

1. NY Yanks 215

6. St Louis 195

26. Florida 126

On Base Percentage (OBP):

3. NY Yanks .356

11. St Louis .344

16. Florida .333

Stolen Bases (SB):

8. St Louis 95

13. Florida 83

14. New York Yankees 75

Stolen Base % (SB%):

12. NYY 71%

14. St Louis 70%

14. Florida 70%

Sacrifice Hits (SH):

7. St Louis 68

9. Florida 67

24. NY Yanks 34

Sacrifice Flys (SF):

1. St Louis 64

4. NY Yanks 47

25. Florida 33

Walks (BB):

2. NY Yanks 607

12. St Louis 481

17. Florida 451

Intentional walks (IBB):

2. St Louis 59

17. NY Yanks 37

19. Florida 35

Pinch Hits (PH):

1. St Louis 53

16. Florida 29

20. NY Yanks 21

Pitch Hit Average:

1. NY Yanks .318 21/66

8. St Louis .257 53/206

26. Florida .179 29/162

Ground Into Doubleplay (GIDP):

6. St Louis 102

25. Florida 123

30. NY Yanks 142

At Bats Per Homer (AB/HR):

1. NY Yanks 22.9

5. St Louis 25.0

23. Florida 37.7

Xtra Base Hits (XBH):

4. St Louis 501

7. NY Yanks 491

26. Florida 400

Runs Created (RC):

2. NY Yanks 806.3

5. St Louis 778.5

24. Florida 645.4

Isolated Power (IP):

3. NY Yanks .190

7. St Louis .187

21. Florida .143

Pitches Per Plate Appearance (P/PA):

3. NY Yanks 3.8

3. St Louis 3.8

19. Florida 3.7

Walks Per Plate Appearance (BB/PA):

2. NY Yanks .107

13. St Louis .087

14. Florida .084

Walk to Strikeout Ratio (BB/K):

2. NY Yanks .070

10. Florida .054

12. St Louis .052

OPS:

1. NY Yanks .817

4. St Louis .808

21. Florida .742

BTW Could someone find anywhere that has infield and bunt hits? Marlins would be ahead of the Cards there..

I know stats dont exactly tell everything but seriously.. Saying the Cardinals dont play fundamentally sound baseball as good as the Marlins is ridiculous! Go Ahead burst my bubble now.. If you want I could get into the pitching and fielding :lol

Thats about right..

:thumbup

Lemme guess the Order was Yanks, Cards, Fish?? :mischief2

557639[/snapback]

1) Cards

2) Yanks

3) Fish

557642[/snapback]

Yanks fundamentals, my tush, they play in a hitters ballpark in the American league.

557672[/snapback]

Pitchers park...Have you ever heard of Death Valley?

The Cardinals are the kings of fundamental baseball, along with the Marlins. They're two teams that can mix Power with speed, hitting clutch extra base hits along with game-winning sac bunts, and turn a double play whenever they need to. The differences between the two teams are extremely noticable, though. The Cards are a home run bashing club that is never out of a game, while the Marlins play small ball and hope that the starting pitchers can come through and pitch a gem. More often than not, it works out for both teams.

Yeah, Giants, Cubs and Yankees fans were that cocky last year too and look what happend to them.? :p

557817[/snapback]

I'm not cocky at all. Nothing matters at this time until the playoffs come. Doesnt matter what we do in the regular season.. All I was pointing out is that the Cardinals arent just a HR hitting team like most think :p

557820[/snapback]

Look back at that series the Marlins and Cards played just after the trade. If I remember correctly, the Cards barely won two of those games - both low scoring wins - and without homeruns. The way the Marlins are playing now, the Cards get swept. The Cards do rely on the homerun for their offense, sorry to 'burst your bubble'. And most of those stats you used are not real indicators of fundamental baseball after all.

Yeah, Giants, Cubs and Yankees fans were that cocky last year too and look what happend to them.? :p

557817[/snapback]

I'm not cocky at all. Nothing matters at this time until the playoffs come. Doesnt matter what we do in the regular season.. All I was pointing out is that the Cardinals arent just a HR hitting team like most think :p

557820[/snapback]

Yup. Cards are very fundamentally sound, like I said earlier, but no one reads my posts anyways.

I think it gets lost on people that there are more ways to sore runs than hit the ball 500 feet. That's the Yankees' job.

The Cards have to be, outside of last year's Marlins, the best base-running (not base-stealing, there's a difference) team I've ever seen.

And On the side, I don't take much stock in stats like that because our team did squat first half and now no one wants to face them.

Thats about right..

:thumbup

Lemme guess the Order was Yanks, Cards, Fish?? :mischief2

557639[/snapback]

1) Cards

2) Yanks

3) Fish

557642[/snapback]

Yanks fundamentals, my tush, they play in a hitters ballpark in the American league.

557672[/snapback]

Pitchers park...Have you ever heard of Death Valley?

557940[/snapback]

Real hard to hit a homer down the line right?