Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Positive?

Featured Replies

Fortunately I went out tonight, so I did not see tonights games. I noticed after all we did score 8 runs ourselves. What were the bright spots for the offense tonight? Any HR's, doubles, RBI, stuff like that.

Lee hit his 14th homer

Wow I'm not surprise he does something when is a blow out ...

  • Author

Well we scored 8 runs!

 

There wasn't any more offense than that???

 

Anyway, it may have killed some ERA's, but it only counts as one loss.

 

I just hope we can rebound with heart like he have always done, and win the next two. Shock those Baseball Tonight a**holes by doing that.

Our team ERA went up a run or so. Not too bad for giving up 25 runs. Pavano and Tejera ERA went up about 6 runs.

  • Author

Our team ERA went up a run or so. Not too bad for giving up 25 runs. Pavano and Tejera ERA went up about 6 runs.

The team ERA went from 3.97 to 4.40

pavano's era went from 4.21 to 4.76 i think

 

levrault went from 2.16 to 3.86

 

and i know michaels is know in the 5.70's

I'm sorry, but it's hard to put a positive spin on this one.

 

What a complete debacle. I've never seen such an embarassing showing. You can look for postives all you want, but when it comes down to it, the Fish lost by two touchdowns and a field goal.

 

A rather auspicious start to the 34 game streak against teams above .500, to say the least. Although it's only one game, I think the writing is on the wall. Look for yet another horrific slide this year on a long roadie against teams with an actual pulse (yes, no more Mets and D-Rays, sorry to say). I figure 13-20 until August would be a major accomplishment, especially considering that several major facets of the line up will be gone before the streak against real teams is over.

 

The best I can come up with is that Captain Irrelevant struck again, with a homer after the game was decided. Once again D. Lee proves how worthless he is.

 

Sorry to be Mr. Neative yet again, and I'd love to be proven wrong.... BUt this is the same ol' story again. Marlins "compete" for a couple months and then fall flat, then the other shoe drops and the trades start going down.

 

Truly embarassing when you start setting records for futility.

You all have got to be kidding me...you dont see anything positive about this? First off, teams are going to have bad games. I am glad we got ours out of the way now. I seriously doubt the Red Sox are as good as they looked yesterday and we certainly arent as bad. That is one positive...

 

The other is it makes our team angry. You dont beat a dead horse and you certainly dont want to anger your opponent. The Marlins have a lot more talent than the Red Sux give credit, and if our team is going to be in the playoffs this year - they have to respond like men tonight and tomorrow. I want to see the Marlins close out the series with 2 more wins. Right now, their mettle is tested, they have been knocked down. Getting up, that is up to this team and no one else. That is a comforting thought in my mind...

 

Now, let's kick their A$$e$!!!! :angry :rock :nono :chair :guillotine :fyou

This loss can be a big positive, or the beginning of the end.

 

If they step up and show that they are playoff caliber, they will come out and take game 2 and 3.

 

This was an embarassment, headlines on mlb.com and BBT trashing this team.

 

Are they going to choose to be intimidated? or are they going to come

out and beat the BoSox?

 

I think Carl Pavano was very intimidated and set a negative tone early on.

 

I would hate to see the WQAM Hammer being right on this one . . . :banghead

The one positive I saw was when Almonte threw at Fox, I think it woke the team up, and it may help them come together as a team.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.