Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

500 Greatest Songs

Featured Replies

I can't believe Hey Ya(#180) made the list. I love Outkast but that song is one of their worst.

619511[/snapback]

 

*Concurs*

Buddy Holly by Weezer made the list, I found that funny.

Piano Man by Billy Drunken Joel was 421.

Stan by Em was 290.

Dream On was 171.

 

 

These rankings suck.

Good to see the Beach Boys get some love..

 

Thought maybe California Dreaming by The Mamas and Papas should be higher than 89 and Monday, Monday should be on the list. Papa John Phillips was one of the best songwriters ever... too bad he has fell heavy into drugs cuz dude was very talented.. Surprised some of his solo stuff didn't make the list.. like San Fransico. anyway, had those guys on my mind so i talked about them. lol

 

Maybe didn't agree with it all but enjoyed looking it over. Thanks for the link

  • Author

I don't agree w/ the rankings at all.

 

Stairway to Heaven needs to be top 3. No questions asked.

84- Every Breath You Take

388- Roxanne

399- Enter Sandman

 

Woo!

 

But honestly, I disagree so much with this list it's not even funny. "Enter Sandman" is not Metallica's best song, "Purple Haze" is ranked ahead of "All Along The Watchtower", The Rolling Stones get mentioned three times before "Hotel California", and the list is obviously skewed in one direction. Classic Rock did churn out IMO the biggest amount of great music, but the Rolling Stones shouldn't have like 20 songs compared to one for alot of great artists that were after 1980.

 

It is good, however, to see The Clash get some love at #15.

 

I have Guitar Magazine's 100 Greatest Solos of all time, but I'll make a separate thread for it.

Didnt bohemian rhapsody top off some other lsit at #1 last year, its 163 in this list.

I also think its appalling that carlos santana wasnt on that list, especially considering that smooth is probably like the this generations greatest hit. Eminem and outkast should not have been on the list, especially not hey ya

Hey ya should not have been on the list, it wasn't even close to being one of the top 5 outkast songs. Regardless of that, like the previous post says, Eminem should not be included. Not only are the songs Stan and Lose Yourself way too recent to be included, and if you're talking just about rap, 2pac's California Love was a better song than Stan in my opinion.

  • Author

I'd like to see the top guitar solo list.

 

I probably have all of them on my computer.

  • Author

And what is with all the love for Dylan?

 

Zeppelin and Pink Floyd should have way more for musical significance.

  • Author

Lose Yourself should have been in the top 100 atleast....

619825[/snapback]

 

No.

 

Stan was his best in terms of music.

 

But still that doesn't even compare to what preceded Eminem. He hasn't done anything that's altered hip-hop significantly.

 

If it wasn't for the pioneers Eminem would be nothing.

lol @ people who think recent rap should be on this list.

 

Songs like "I want to hold your hand" by the Beatles might be to high. It wasn't even on the Beatles Top 16 songs... But when you look at when it was released, the effect it had on America, etc, and things like that, that's what goes into making this list. It was the song that broke them into America and had them on the Ed Sullivan show... for that, it deserves the ranking. Also, people might say 'Smells like Teen Spirit' is way too high. BUT Few songs had a bigger impact on rock, pop culture, and youth as a whole than Smells Like Teen Spirit. That's not debatable... and that's why it's #9.

 

 

but come on, Lose yourself in the Top 100? You should be happy it even made the list.

And what is with all the love for Dylan?

 

Zeppelin and Pink Floyd should have way more for musical significance.

619819[/snapback]

Dylan is a genius. Glad to see him get love.

  • Author

And what is with all the love for Dylan?

 

Zeppelin and Pink Floyd should have way more for musical significance.

619819[/snapback]

Dylan is a genius. Glad to see him get love.

620026[/snapback]

 

 

I like most of his songs, I just don't think there are that many "top 500" worthy songs.

Some amazing rappers aren't included yet they included uber-cheesy "Lose Yourself" and some other Eminem song. God, Rolling Stone sucks. I'm amazed that "Rappers' Delight" is below "Hey Ya". This list is terribly biased to classic rock.

Some amazing rappers aren't included yet they included uber-cheesy "Lose Yourself" and some other Eminem song. God, Rolling Stone sucks. I'm amazed that "Rappers' Delight" is below "Hey Ya". This list is terribly biased to classic rock.

620107[/snapback]

MAybe classic rock is just better than cRAP, and actually music. :peepwall

  • Author

Some amazing rappers aren't included yet they included uber-cheesy "Lose Yourself" and some other Eminem song. God, Rolling Stone sucks. I'm amazed that "Rappers' Delight" is below "Hey Ya". This list is terribly biased to classic rock.

620107[/snapback]

 

I agree. As I said earlier, there needs to be more rap pioneers on this list.

Like people said earlier, Piano Man and Bohemian Rhapsody need to get some major love. Those are two of my favorite songs and two damn good ones.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.