Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Next Hot Marlin Rookie

Featured Replies

I believe that, with some time, our next Dontrelle Willis might be Jason Stokes, the power hitting first baseman in the minors. One magazine said that he is best compared to Mike Sweeney. Not too bad for a guy who hasn't played in the bigs yet. Let me know whether you think he'll be the next McGwire, or the next Derrek Lee.

Those who live in hope, die in despair. The season is NOW. If the Marlins need to trade him to get us closer to our goal of making the playoffs, kiss him goodbye.

 

Let's see if he can even make it in Zebulon before you lock him in as the "next hot rookie". He's so far away from the bigs he probably can't even spell "the show".

I honestly dont think he'll produce in the Big Leagues,

 

Just because of the fact he's only batting 265 in single A, If he's batting like that there, i cant see his average over .205 with the Marlins.

 

All in all, like most of our prospect i think he needs time to develop and is definitely not ready for the Majors yet....maybe in a couple of years.

  • Author

Those who live in hope, die in despair. The season is NOW. If the Marlins need to trade him to get us closer to our goal of making the playoffs, kiss him goodbye.

 

Let's see if he can even make it in Zebulon before you lock him in as the "next hot rookie". He's so far away from the bigs he probably can't even spell "the show".

We'd be better off trading Adrian Gonzalez, who was on the trade block several times, than Stokes.

The way Adrian G. is playing we couldn't get a pack of gum for him if even if threw in fifty cents. He's already failed at AAA, goood luck getting anything for him Mr. GM. :thumbdown

yea good luck get anything for a 21 year old 1st base prospect with some power, can knock in runs and is smooth defesnively

:rolleyes:

yea good luck get anything for a 21 year old 1st base prospect with some power, can knock in runs and is smooth defesnively

:rolleyes:

In AA he's battin over . 300 I believe too....

 

Gonzalez is probably worth more than Stokes, and I like Stokes more...

 

I haven't heard Mike Sweeny, but Jeff Bagwell...

Hey, WildCard....were you on "complete you argument" last night on ESPN radio?

 

at like 3 in the morning? Talking about D-Dub in the A.S. game

 

 

 

 

...sorry to get off topic

The way Adrian G. is playing we couldn't get a pack of gum for him if even if threw in fifty cents. He's already failed at AAA, goood luck getting anything for him Mr. GM. :thumbdown

Oh, So since a 21 year old isn't lighting up AAA Ball he's worthless now? Give me a break. Not every prospect is like Cabrera or Willis where they tear through the minors, AGonzo and Stokes will both have their ups and downs on route to the pros, But they are two of the best prospects in baseball right now and are like gold in the trade market. They'd fetch a ton if Beinfest moved either, which he shouldn't unless he gets a superstar who would be here longer than one year.

I think Adrian will turn it out to be better of the two so I'll prefer trading Stokes.Anyways one can be dealt unless Stokes is move to the OF but I don't want to look back three years from now and say "The marlins traded away the wrong one".

I think Stokes has more of an upside...

I agree with you Wild. Which is not to say I'm prepared to change my mind if Adrian does well this summer and maybe, maybe makes it back to the 'Topes. He stunk up the joint last time there, was demoted, he seems to be more comfortable at AA ball right now. Personally I hope all Marlins prospects flourish, I hope they all make it to the bigs and we have more talent than we know what to do with, but right now, and I'm willing to be provided wrong, I think Stokes has the higher ceiling. Time will tell.

They can both drive in runs, but Stokes has so much power potential, and has hit . 320+, so...

Stokes has a higher ceiling and much more power, but Adrian is more polished and a better defender and hits for avg.

Stokes has a higher ceiling and much more power, but Adrian is more polished and a better defender and hits for avg.

Sham, your opinion is just as valid as anyone elses. I'm not here to disagree with you, but I think its very telling that Adrian failed so miserably at AAA. From your posts I assume you've seen them both play, I haven't. So if you say one guy has a better glove than the other I'm willing to take your word for it.

 

You have seen them play, am I correct?

Stokes has a higher ceiling and much more power, but Adrian is more polished and a better defender and hits for avg.

Like I said, Stokes has hit for MAJOR Power and MAJOR average.

Sham, your opinion is just as valid as anyone elses. I'm not here to disagree with you, but I think its very telling that Adrian failed so miserably at AAA. From your posts I assume you've seen them both play, I haven't. So if you say one guy has a better glove than the other I'm willing to take your word for it.

 

You have seen them play, am I correct?

I've only seen Adrian play when he was at Jupiter, (im from north palm bch) so I can only go from scouting reports and stats on Stokes. But they were mostly raves and he was regulary ranked in the top 10 best prospects in baseball. And I definitely respect most peoples opinions here :p and they are just that. opinions.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.