Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mordy named manager

Featured Replies

According to the Official Site, the Fish are thinking of bringing Mordi back for "one last hurrah" before season's end. That would be pretty cool, I think.

 

With more than nine years of Major League service time, Mordecai likely will be called up by the Marlins after the minor league season ends. That way he can garner 10 years of service time, qualifying him for a better pension.

 

"They told me to stay in shape," said Mordecai, who was acquired by the Marlins in 2002 from the Expos. "I'd like to get 10 years of service time, but I don't think it's going to kill me if I don't."

 

 

Credit: MLB.com

639251[/snapback]

 

What perks will he receive with 10 years of service?

Mordi was always one of the players I looked forward to seeing in a ballgame. And when he took over as catcher for Castro, the cool points went waaaaaay up.

 

Congratulations and best of luck!

What a big decision by Mordy. He knows he can still play the game he loves. But, the clock is ticking. Many herein have expressed confidence in his managerial future.

 

I wanted to accelerate his "future" by making him Jack's Bench Coach.

Naive of course. Plus he was 30 years too young for Jack's taste.

 

Mordy has been asked to "stay in shape" for a possible call-up.

He can do that physically. But, "mentally" keeping in shape (not knowing if a call will come) while giving full devotion to Managing...

Advantage: Marlins. But, Mordecai will succeed.

According to the Official Site, the Fish are thinking of bringing Mordi back for "one last hurrah" before season's end. That would be pretty cool, I think.

 

With more than nine years of Major League service time, Mordecai likely will be called up by the Marlins after the minor league season ends. That way he can garner 10 years of service time, qualifying him for a better pension.

 

"They told me to stay in shape," said Mordecai, who was acquired by the Marlins in 2002 from the Expos. "I'd like to get 10 years of service time, but I don't think it's going to kill me if I don't."

 

 

Credit: MLB.com

639251[/snapback]

 

What perks will he receive with 10 years of service?

639458[/snapback]

 

More money in retirement. Good move by the front office.

According to the Official Site, the Fish are thinking of bringing Mordi back for "one last hurrah" before season's end. That would be pretty cool, I think.

 

With more than nine years of Major League service time, Mordecai likely will be called up by the Marlins after the minor league season ends. That way he can garner 10 years of service time, qualifying him for a better pension.

 

"They told me to stay in shape," said Mordecai, who was acquired by the Marlins in 2002 from the Expos. "I'd like to get 10 years of service time, but I don't think it's going to kill me if I don't."

 

 

Credit: MLB.com

639251[/snapback]

 

What perks will he receive with 10 years of service?

639458[/snapback]

He get's a full tenure pension, including insurance for himself and dependent family. Pension can be collected at a younger age too I believe.

According to the Official Site, the Fish are thinking of bringing Mordi back for "one last hurrah" before season's end. That would be pretty cool, I think.

 

With more than nine years of Major League service time, Mordecai likely will be called up by the Marlins after the minor league season ends. That way he can garner 10 years of service time, qualifying him for a better pension.

 

"They told me to stay in shape," said Mordecai, who was acquired by the Marlins in 2002 from the Expos. "I'd like to get 10 years of service time, but I don't think it's going to kill me if I don't."

 

 

Credit: MLB.com

639251[/snapback]

 

What perks will he receive with 10 years of service?

639458[/snapback]

He get's a full tenure pension, including insurance for himself and dependent family. Pension can be collected at a younger age too I believe.

640009[/snapback]

 

 

I believe I read in another article full retirement of $170K/yr starting at age 62.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.