Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mordy named manager

Featured Replies

The Jammers! Len and Tommy always said he had a future in managing. Congratulations, Mike.

It will be interesting to see how quickly he climbs the managerial ladder with the organization.

639208[/snapback]

 

I have a feeling it isn't going to take him long.

Amazing.

 

I would have expected him to continue to play for a few more years.

 

Best of luck :thumbup

From Rotoworld:

 

Mike Mordecai today was named manager of the Jamestown Jammers, the Marlins' affiliate in the New York-Penn League.

This must mean he's retired. Mordecai indicated last month that he hoped to keep playing, but the 37-year-old probably wasn't receiving much interest. Mordecai finishes his career with a .245/.303/.363 line in 1,360 at-bats over 11 seasons with Atlanta, Montreal and Florida. Dec. 20 - 3:11 pm et.

According to the Official Site, the Fish are thinking of bringing Mordi back for "one last hurrah" before season's end. That would be pretty cool, I think.

 

With more than nine years of Major League service time, Mordecai likely will be called up by the Marlins after the minor league season ends. That way he can garner 10 years of service time, qualifying him for a better pension.

 

"They told me to stay in shape," said Mordecai, who was acquired by the Marlins in 2002 from the Expos. "I'd like to get 10 years of service time, but I don't think it's going to kill me if I don't."

 

 

Credit: MLB.com

According to the Official Site, the Fish are thinking of bringing Mordi back for "one last hurrah" before season's end. That would be pretty cool, I think.

 

 

I really like that, I was thinking they should do that when I first read about this since Jamestown's season will end first week of September anyway.

Very good news.

 

 

I'll have to travel up to Aberdeen to cheer him and the boys on.

I have no doubt he'll do an awesome job.

According to the Official Site, the Fish are thinking of bringing Mordi back for "one last hurrah" before season's end. That would be pretty cool, I think.

 

With more than nine years of Major League service time, Mordecai likely will be called up by the Marlins after the minor league season ends. That way he can garner 10 years of service time, qualifying him for a better pension.

 

"They told me to stay in shape," said Mordecai, who was acquired by the Marlins in 2002 from the Expos. "I'd like to get 10 years of service time, but I don't think it's going to kill me if I don't."

 

 

Credit: MLB.com

639251[/snapback]

 

That would be very classy of the Marlnis org. And congrats to Mordy - I agree that it wont be long before we see him at the MLB level.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.