Marlins TV in 2005

CapeFish

Do you know if there is a T.V schedule out yet?

Hopefully they will be on ESPN a few times :)

650306[/snapback]

Within the next 2 months Holly. ESPN should be coming out soon along with FOX's Saturday Game of the Week. Hopefully they pick the Marlins.

650308[/snapback]

Thanks!

Hopefully they are on ESPN in June! :)

? Among the finalists for the Marlins TV play-by-play job are radio announcer Jon Sciambi and Seattle Mariners pregame and postgame host Rich Waltz (who finished No. 2 behind new Cubs voice Len Kasper when the Marlins job was last open). The Marlins are expected to televise nearly 150 games, including 95 on FSNF and others on a noncable station (probably Pax-35).

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/10586499.htm

I'd be interested in hearing Rich Waltz. I personally have never heard of the guy but if he was a finalist for CUbs job he must be pretty good. Im just not a fan of Boog.

650482[/snapback]

you misread. It said that he was a finalist behind len when the marlins job was last open. Which was when len was hired by the fish.

I'd be interested in hearing Rich Waltz. I personally have never heard of the guy but if he was a finalist for CUbs job he must be pretty good. Im just not a fan of Boog.

650482[/snapback]

you misread. It said that he was a finalist behind len when the marlins job was last open. Which was when len was hired by the fish.

650489[/snapback]

ah yeah oops, anyways I'd still rather here what he gots because like I said, I'm not a fan of boog

1) Looks like it will once again be 95 games on FSN and 55 on Free TV.

2) PAX 35 and CBS4/UPN33 are the ones I have heard interested.

3) Marlins likely won't move the 55 Free TV games to cable for 2005, however FSN is still trying.

650304[/snapback]

I hate PAX, the picture quality, sound quality, etc. is just total crap compared to FSN broadcasts and there's always that annoying flickering.

Accord,

FSN could bump up the offer, but the Marlins would be dealt a blow in ego if they take games off Free TV. Best scenario would be 15-25 games on CBS4, with the 125-135 left being aired on FSN Florida. Outside of Miami, all 150 are aired on FSN Florida.

The Twins do this on FSN North and the Red Sox do this on NESN.

Same broadcast, just that in Miami you see it on CBS4 and out of Miami you watch it on FSN.

Accord,

FSN could bump up the offer, but the Marlins would be dealt a blow in ego if they take games off Free TV. Best scenario would be 15-25 games on CBS4, with the 125-135 left being aired on FSN Florida. Outside of Miami, all 150 are aired on FSN Florida.

Same broadcast, just that in Miami you see it on CBS4 and out of Miami you watch it on FSN.

650720[/snapback]

If a game is on CBS4, how do people in Palm Beach County get to see the game? I can't remember the last time there was a Marlins game on CBS4 though, perhaps there were a couple last season but they fell on days where I was actually at the ballpark so I never realized it.

Accord,

650720[/snapback]

If a game is on CBS4, how do people in Palm Beach County get to see the game? I can't remember the last time there was a Marlins game on CBS4 though, perhaps there were a couple last season but they fell on days where I was actually at the ballpark so I never realized it.

651073[/snapback]

Marlins games were never technically on CBS4 because CBS was on channel 6 back when CBS held the MLB National TV rights in that 1993 season.

UPN 33 held the rights from 1993-1998, WAMI from 1999-2001, and PAX from 2002-2004

CBS4 in Miami, FSN Florida everywhere else including Palm Beach County. FSN Florida would simulcast CBS4 so you could see it.

When I lived down there, the PAX telecasts were not bad. You have got to remember FSN produced the feed and PAX 35 picked it up and aired it. I remember the first ad for the first Marlins game on PAX 35. It was for Vista Memorial Funeral Home and Cemetary. My dad said "holy s***!" What a way to start play on a new channel. :lol

PAX and the Marlins have come a long way since 2002.

Confirmed 2005 Marlins on FOX Saturday Game of the Week Schedule

4 times this season at the least, with 3 more possible. FOX thinks the Marlins may be a darling for 2005.

Edit: These would games on Channel 7 in Miami, FOX 29 in West Palm Beach, and FOX 4 in Fort Myers. FOX 35 in Orlando, FOX 51 in Gainesville, and FOX 30 in Jacksonville could join in if they so choose.