Dear Marlins Fans, from Carlos Delgado

Accord

I just received this via e-mail because i'm on the Marlins newsletter...

Dear Marlins Fans,

Thank you for the warm welcome to South Florida! In my brief time here already, everyone has been very friendly, especially the fans. I look forward to seeing you all this season at the ballpark. The move from Toronto to Miami will be a big change, but it is a change that I am extremely excited about.

During my 12 seasons with the Blue Jays I made many friends, but eventually I came to a point in my career where I felt that I wanted to be a part of a championship team. It was so exciting to watch the Marlins make their incredible run in 2003 behind the direction of Jack McKeon, strong pitching from Josh Beckett and Dontrelle Willis, clutch hitting from guys like Miguel Cabrera and Mike Lowell, and strong defensive play from Alex Gonzalez, Luis Castillo, Juan Pierre, and the rest of the team. I can tell you that players all over the league took notice at what the Marlins accomplished.

I love the way this current team is built and I have total confidence that we will once again compete for a World Series title. With the additions in the last few months of Paul Lo Duca, Guillermo Mota, Al Leiter, Antonio Alfonseca, Todd Jones, and John Riedling to name a few, I feel that we have what it takes to beat anyone, any time, anywhere.

I can't wait to get to know my new teammates and get on the field as soon as possible. Beyond being great players, everyone on this team enjoys playing the game. There is a strong sense of unity in the entire organization. I can't tell you how great it was to first meet Jeffrey Loria, David Samson, Admin Beinfest, Jack McKeon, and other Marlins executives as they explained to me how well I would fit in their plans. More than any other team, they made me feel at home and it's apparent they will do whatever it takes to bring another championship to you, the fans of South Florida.

Spring Training is right around the corner, and before we know it, the Braves will be here for Opening Day on April 5th. Hopefully you are as excited about the upcoming season as I am. Come join us for what I'm sure will be a successful and memorable year.

See you at the ballpark!

Carlos Delgado

Nice. I received the e-mail as well. The ad was also in the Palm Beach Post this past Sunday.

Classy move.

Welcome to South Florida Carlos. :thumbup

675079[/snapback]

This doesnt have to do with the letter, but was it your car last year PBmarlin that caught on fire at pro player?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.