Dontrelle

It depends on how good his fastball becomes. Lefties gain velocity on their fastballs until age 24-25. If he can get his fastball up to 95-96 MPH with good control, I think he'll be a number 1 starter... an ace. I don't remember where I read this, but I hear he was hoping to gain 3-4 mph on his fastball. If he did, then he's up to 94-96 mph. Let's hope that is the case.

We have to remember that Dontrelle is very very young. He's four years away from the beginning of his prime years. His worst season is better than most of AJ's years... If I recall correctly, AJ had an ERA above 4 every year before 2002.

I don't remember where I read this, but I hear he was hoping to gain 3-4 mph on his fastball. If he did, then he's up to 94-96 mph. Let's hope that is the case.

I've never heard of a pitcher gaining 3-4 mph on his fastball, let alone in one off-season, has this ever happened?

I don't remember where I read this, but I hear he was hoping to gain 3-4 mph on his fastball. If he did, then he's up to 94-96 mph. Let's hope that is the case.

I've never heard of a pitcher gaining 3-4 mph on his fastball, let alone in one off-season, has this ever happened?

675790[/snapback]

Yes, it happens all the time with young pitchers. Lefties gain velocity on their fastballs until age 24-25. In fact, Dontrelle went from an average prospect to an outstanding prospect when he raised his fastball from 88-89 mph to 91-93 mph.

I hate all this D-Train talk about him is he good?, or would he be better as a reliever or closer later in his career. some of you think that the guy is a veteran and that he has played 6 years and is 28 years old. the guy is only 21 or 22 and has a career record of 24-17 with a 3.70 era i dont know to many pitchers that have started their careers like that and at that age. Relax!!! the guy is going to be awsome, he is young and has had better years then our two golden boys AJ and Josh, yet no one says anything about them all they can say about them hopefully they stay healthy. Point is im tired of people talking about Willis, He is a good pitcher with a lot of potential and wait till Leiter gets a hold of him, he will be even better.

D-Train Kix ASS!!!!!!