So I was at Wal-Mart Today

Bradcore

I went in to get some Rain-X/Wiper Fluid. I grab what I need and begin walking towards electronics past the books. I see a friend I haven't seen in a while and chat with him for a bit. Then, I continue walking past the books towards electronics to see if they have any cds I want. Without even looking at the books I just stop. I remembered I've been meaning to pick up a Bible. I look to my left and they are right where I stopped. In fact, I stopped right in front of the exact Bible I picked up. I look through the different versions, but end up going with the one I first saw. I made my purchase, and went outside to my car. Got inside, took out my HIM cd (awsome group btw) and popped in my Tourniquet (Christian Metal) cd. And I drove home feeling better then I did before.

Speaking of good purchases, I was in JC Penny yesterday picking up some Arizona Jeans (they're the only ones I'll wear) and I decide to go check out the bargain t-shirts because they always have a good ones. I saw a gray one that caught my eye. It said LIFE GUARD on it and in the middle of the cross was the word JESUS. Beneath that it said, "HE WHO HAS THE SON HAS LIFE." Being such an awsome shirt, I grabbed it.

Thumbs up dudes.

People who display their religion on their sleeve bug me for some reason. Dedication to your faith is great, but I still think it's tacky unless it's a tenet of the religion.

People who display their religion on their sleeve bug me for some reason. Dedication to your faith is great, but I still think it's tacky unless it's a tenet of the religion.

676931[/snapback]

I can see both sides of that argument. Do you mean the same thing about folks who wear a rosary or cross? Or just folks that wear Jesus shirts. I don't do either anymore, but I used to flamboyantly flaunt my religion.

676931[/snapback]

I can see both sides of that argument. Do you mean the same thing about folks who wear a rosary or cross? Or just folks that wear Jesus shirts. I don't do either anymore, but I used to flamboyantly flaunt my religion.

676939[/snapback]

Crosses and rosaries I don't mind at all, but people who wear shirts like what Bradcore bought bug me to no end. I guess I just consider it elitist in the same way rich people make it a point for everyone else to know they're wearing the most expensive and trendy clothes on the market. Sort of a religious snobbery if you will.

676931[/snapback]

676939[/snapback]

Crosses and rosaries I don't mind at all, but people who wear shirts like what Bradcore bought bug me to no end. I guess I just consider it elitist in the same way rich people make it a point for everyone else to know they're wearing the most expensive and trendy clothes on the market. Sort of a religious snobbery if you will.

676979[/snapback]

Do you feel the same way about someone who wears a black pride shirt? Or a shirt praising the country theyre from? Because its exactly the same thing.

676931[/snapback]

676939[/snapback]

676979[/snapback]

Do you feel the same way about someone who wears a black pride shirt? Or a shirt praising the country theyre from? Because its exactly the same thing.

677061[/snapback]

First off, I've never seen anyone wear a black pride t-shirt, but I appreciate you trying to wind me up. That said, I have no problems with people who wear patriotic shirts (regardless of what country they show patriotism for), but when a shirt says HE WHO HAS THE SON HAS LIFE it just reaks of arrogance. I wouldn't wear a shirt that says, "If you aren't black, you aren't good enough." or something along those lines. Then again, I just said it bugs me, just like people that have popped collars bugs me. Doesn't mean I'm trying to change their attire or something. I think you're reading too much into it.

Meh, the Jesus clothing is getting kinda out of hand. I have my Jesus Christ Action Figure, but that's the only thing I own that has any indication of religion outside of the standard stuff, plus no one sees it unless they come to my desk.

I just bought the shirt because it was a cool shirt that showed my faith. Not trying to be arrogant or anything. I'm not the type of guy to go around preaching. I wear what I like. I also have a shirt that says "I do sick, twisted perverted things." Trust me, if you saw my t-shirts, you'd think my Jesus one is quite a nice change of pace.

Gotta love the mall-ternative Christianity these days. War is good. Gays are bad.

677145[/snapback]

:banghead

Come on now, I know you're smarter than that.

677406[/snapback]

You should know that Shammy likes taking pot-shots at Christianity. Don't sweat it.

Why is it any different than any other declaration of group affiliation?

Your level of intolerance is shocking. :plain

677418[/snapback]

I'm intolerant because I don't like something? I don't like red cars, does that mean I hate all cars? I don't like asparagus, does that mean I hate all vegetables?

At any rate, here's my response to LoC after he said much the same thing but didn't drop the line about me being intolerant.

First off, I've never seen anyone wear a black pride t-shirt, but I appreciate you trying to wind me up. That said, I have no problems with people who wear patriotic shirts (regardless of what country they show patriotism for), but when a shirt says HE WHO HAS THE SON HAS LIFE it just reaks of arrogance. I wouldn't wear a shirt that says, "If you aren't black, you aren't good enough." or something along those lines. Then again, I just said it bugs me, just like people that have popped collars bugs me. Doesn't mean I'm trying to change their attire or something. I think you're reading too much into it.

Gotta love the mall-ternative Christianity these days. War is good. Gays are bad.

677145[/snapback]

I can only speak from catholicism on this issue, b/c thats the religion i was taugth as a child. There is a concept of a 'just war' meaning that if a particular set of circumstances come into play then the war is considered just. Not all wars are just of course, and this makes perfect sense, b/c anyone that says that all war is unjust is ignorant. All war is terrible, theres no arguing that, but w/o war could we have stopped Hitler's advances in Europe or stopped his gneocidal actions in the east? That in mind the Pope did not label Iraq just war, for what its worth. However, it is my opinion that for the apst few years the Pope has been a lame duck and that most of the vatican's decisions have been made by other church leaders. This is very dangerous b/c many of the cardinals are extremely leftist (almost communist).

677145[/snapback]

I can only speak from catholicism on this issue, b/c thats the religion i was taugth as a child. There is a concept of a 'just war' meaning that if a particular set of circumstances come into play then the war is considered just. Not all wars are just of course, and this makes perfect sense, b/c anyone that says that all war is unjust is ignorant. All war is terrible, theres no arguing that, but w/o war could we have stopped Hitler's advances in Europe or stopped his gneocidal actions in the east? That in mind the Pope did not label Iraq just war, for what its worth. However, it is my opinion that for the apst few years the Pope has been a lame duck and that most of the vatican's decisions have been made by other church leaders. This is very dangerous b/c many of the cardinals are extremely leftist (almost communist).

677725[/snapback]

There is a just war theory both in and outside of the Catholic Church - it isn't just a religious concept.

677145[/snapback]

677725[/snapback]

There is a just war theory both in and outside of the Catholic Church - it isn't just a religious concept.

678235[/snapback]

I know but i was referring just to the religious concept opf the just war

Gotta love the mall-ternative Christianity these days.? War is good.? Gays are bad.

677145[/snapback]

677406[/snapback]

Im in agreement with shamrock. Im not saying all Christians are this way. But there are a core group of people who follow God the same way they follow a sports team. Theyve given maybe 2 thoughts to morality and weighing its many different aspects. These people are sheep, easily molded around and they most certainly are. Personally I know a lot of people that have never done a charitable thing in their life, sleep around and insult others, have their Christ is best shirts, and have the gaul to tell me Im going to hell because Im not baptized. In the same sense, theyll attack a gay person who could be saving lives because they are told gays are simply bad and will defend war because they are told its the right thing to do without weighing things out. Mallternative is a great word.

Gotta love the mall-ternative Christianity these days.? War is good.? Gays are bad.

677145[/snapback]

677406[/snapback]

I think those with the "reigns" of interpretation in this country are god-damned hacks. Christianity and the Bible are beautiful things....religion is shite.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.