Vince Will Start the ASG and Rightfully So

miami15

In January he averaged 23.5, 5.5 and 5.5.

He put 41 and NJ beat Detroit by 22 today.

As a Net he's averaging 24, 5.4 and 5.2 assists.

All of a sudden for the first time in years, he's played well consistently. He's still as exciting as hell, and might stay healthy until like March.

He plays when he wants to and quit on his prior team.

He pouted till he got out.

He represents alot of what is wrong with the NBA.

677952[/snapback]

He basically did what Corey Dillon did. Except that Corey is deified because he plays for the Patriots.

677952[/snapback]

He basically did what Corey Dillon did. Except that Corey is deified because he plays for the Patriots.

677957[/snapback]

You could argue that dillon actually did perform....Averaging no less than 1,129 years besides thes year he sat. The Bengals were painfully abd wheere as Toronto had a chance to make the playoffs every season.

677952[/snapback]

It runs in the family. :confused

677968[/snapback]

i was just ready to point that out.

something about that family and quitting.

677981[/snapback]

And does it get any spookier than this?

Tracy had 40, 13 and 4 last night.

Vince had 41, 11 and 5 this afternoon. :whistle

677952[/snapback]

Agreed

677996[/snapback]

I disagree.

He's never been arrested, he's not a thug, he gives back to the community in Daytona and Toronto, he's an honor citizen. I'm sure David Stern cares more about those qualities than if one the big stars in the league doesn't always "give his all".

Look around the league -- Kobe, AI, and Carmelo have all been in trouble with the law.

677952[/snapback]

Agreed

677996[/snapback]

I disagree.

He's never been arrested, he's not a thug, he gives back to the community in Daytona and Toronto, he's an honor citizen. I'm sure David Stern cares more about those qualities than if one the big stars in the league doesn't always "give his all".

Look around the league -- Kobe, AI, and Carmelo have all been in trouble with the law.

678001[/snapback]

J/C what makes an honor citizen?

And for what its worth, Kobe was acquitted.... :plain

677952[/snapback]

Agreed

677996[/snapback]

I disagree.

678001[/snapback]

678009[/snapback]

Maybe I shoulda said "model citizen" but he donated like $5 million to his high school.

Carmelo had his record cleaned as well.

677952[/snapback]

Agreed

677996[/snapback]

I disagree.

678001[/snapback]

678009[/snapback]

Maybe I shoulda said "model citizen" but he donated like $5 million to his high school.

678011[/snapback]

Off-topic but out of Carmello, Kobe, and AI, the one Id want my kid to model after the most right now would be AI.

677952[/snapback]

Agreed

677996[/snapback]

I disagree.

678001[/snapback]

678009[/snapback]

678011[/snapback]

Off-topic but out of Carmello, Kobe, and AI, the one Id want my kid to model after the most right now would be AI.

678014[/snapback]

Why not? He's the coolest cat of them all, and gives it 100%. Kobe has always been kind of different (verbally and physically fighting with teammates).

677952[/snapback]

Agreed

677996[/snapback]

I disagree.

678001[/snapback]

Ya I want my kid to quit.

Great model.

677952[/snapback]

Agreed

677996[/snapback]

I disagree.

678001[/snapback]

Great model.

678028[/snapback]

I'd rather having my kid quit a basketball game than raping girls in hotels, or bringing marijuana to airports or brawling with fans. :confused He is probably the least of Stern's worries for what is wrong with the league.

677952[/snapback]

Agreed

677996[/snapback]

I disagree.

678001[/snapback]

Great model.

678028[/snapback]

I'd rather having my kid quit a basketball game than raping girls in hotels, or bringing marijuana to airports or brawling with fans. :confused He is probably the least of Stern's worries for what is wrong with the league.

678033[/snapback]

as a person ya.

as a basketball player and a professional. no.

besides the person aspect...thats kinda the job of parents.

In January he averaged 23.5, 5.5 and 5.5.

He put 41 and NJ beat Detroit by 22 today.

As a Net he's averaging 24, 5.4 and 5.2 assists.

All of a sudden for the first time in years, he's played well consistently. He's still as exciting as hell, and might stay healthy until like March.

677950[/snapback]

there are two words for this: Jason Kidd. He owes all the credit to him.

Just the way AI has shown so much maturity this year....and turned his personal and buisness life around I really respect.

678024[/snapback]

AI gets a bad rap because of the tattoos and all the other stuff, but in reality he is a hard working, dedicated, team player. His image is bad for the NBA, but his work ethic and all that is what we need more of in the NBA.

Just the way AI has shown so much maturity this year....and turned his personal and buisness life around I really respect.

678024[/snapback]

AI gets a bad rap because of the tattoos and all the other stuff, but in reality he is a hard working, dedicated, team player. His image is bad for the NBA, but his work ethic and all that is what we need more of in the NBA.

678267[/snapback]

Well said.

I mean...

Practice? We're talking about practice.

VC definitely deserves the start, hes been on fire as of late

im with miami15 on this one. he doesnt represent whats wrong with the league

678603[/snapback]

That was a shocking statement coming from you.

678676[/snapback]

i dont have any unc bias when it comes to nba players. the only unc grad i really follow is antawn jamison