on ESPNews

great lineup, very good, young starting pitching, defense up the zing zang

worried a little bit about the pen

-----

Kurk, "it comes down to 4 pitchers...... Hudson, Smoltz, Beckett and Burnett"

Phillies, Marlins, and Braves will be tough to seperate one from the other

Mets could be real good

again, nothing too earth shattering

Phillies are moving Polanco to 3B right?

That would give them a lineup of

Lofton

Rollins

Abreu

Thome

Burrell

Utley

Polanco

Lieberthal

..and I think Lieber will have a good year and I like Wolf and Padillas game. Not really an ace but still an above average staff.

Lieber

Wolf

Padilla

Lidle

Myers

..and also the best bullpen in the division.

Wagner

Worrell

Madson

Cormier

Telemaco

Yea, Phillies scare me.. just because they didn't add much doesn't mean they're not good.

I worry about Philly just as much as I worry about Atlanta.

681311[/snapback]

WHAT pitching do they have?? We have a way better OFfENCE and Defense bulpens ours is slightly better :lolup

681319[/snapback]

Their offense is just as good as ours

What are you, 12 years old?

Padilla wasnt healthy last year and the last 2 years had ERAs in the low 3s.. Wolfe is only a year removed from the All-star game and Leiber is 2 years removed from a 20 win season and had 14 wins last year after being hurt for a year. Cory Lidle was very effective for them last year after they aquired him before the deadline. And i say it again, they have the best bullpen in the division which makes their staff that much better.

You're just being nieve if you don't think they'll compete for the division.

Padilla wasnt healthy last year and the last 2 years had ERAs in the low 3s.. Wolfe is only a year removed from the All-star game and Leiber is 2 years removed from a 20 win season and had 14 wins last year after being hurt for a year. Cory Lidle was very effective for them last year after they aquired him before the deadline. And i say it again, they have the best bullpen in the division which makes their staff that much better.

681329[/snapback]

Of course your ganna win 14 games if you play with the yanks his 20 games won was 2 years ago and what team was he with??the yanks!! wolf is alredy declineing!! Compete doesnt mean you will win the devision ! A good bullpen cant do everything for you compared to them we got a squad and im 14 :respect :matrix

The Phillies play in a bam-box, Lieber's going to be a lot worse than he was last season...his Cubs days are long behind him, I don't fear him.

Until Madson is moved into the rotation (where he should be), I'd have a hard time calling them anything other than the Dallas Mavericks of baseball, and when you have two teams who are much more balanced (and have notably superior rotations), I can't see how you could put them in the realm of "division favorites;" I think that is reserved for the Braves and Marlins.

Could the Phillies win the wild-card? Absolutely, but barring injury, I don't see anyway they win the division.

681329[/snapback]

Of course your ganna win 14 games if you play with the yanks his 20 games won was 2 years ago and what team was he with??the yanks!! wolf is alredy declineing!! Compete doesnt mean you will win the devision ! A good bullpen cant do everything for you compared to them we got a squad and im 14 :respect :matrix

681340[/snapback]

Dont you mean the Cubs?

Padilla wasnt healthy last year and the last 2 years had ERAs in the low 3s.. Wolfe is only a? year removed from the All-star game and Leiber is 2 years removed from a 20 win season and had 14 wins last year after being hurt for a year. Cory Lidle was very effective for them last year after they aquired him before the deadline.? And i say it again, they have the best bullpen in the division which makes their staff that much better.

681329[/snapback]

681340[/snapback]

Cubs :plain

Remember though, Madsen and Wagner were hurt for a long time last year, they were 10 games over anyway, with them heathly and Millwood out of there, also i think Lieber will be more effective than Millwood was. And theres surely nothing wrong with their offense. If the pitching stays healthy they should do some beating in the NL East...

I don't see a team that won 80 some-odd games then doing absoloutly nothing in the offseason being able to compete with the Marlins and Braves.

681393[/snapback]

Just because they didnt add that much, doesnt mean they cant get better by 7 or so games

Whatever you say ponch

and our bullpen is not slightly better.. the phillies have the best bullpen in the division, if not the league.

681321[/snapback]

:lol :lol :lol :lol

Why do you say that? Because they have veterans with names? Those guys stunk last year. That success from 5 or more years ago ain't going to help them now.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.