Miguel Cabrera

Lefty

Triple Crown Threat.

I don't care if you guys are superstitous about predicting statistics, but the season is getting close, and I think we all have a general idea of how well Miggy can perform.

I want this: .350, 50 HR, 140 RBI

I expect this: .315, 45 HR, 125 RBI

I'll accept this: .300, 40 HR, 120 RBI

With Pujols, Bonds, and Helton in the NL, there's no way in Hell that Miggy sniffs a Triple Crown.

681780[/snapback]

Helton and Bonds are not going to be the threat that they used to be.

Pujols and Cabs will be much closer than you think.

Miggy had .290, 33, 110 in his first full year, with no protection.

Now he has Delgado behind him, and that will only increase his power numbers. And one more year of experience will cut down the K's.

Triple Crown Threat.

I don't care if you guys are superstitous about predicting statistics, but the season is getting close, and I think we all have a general idea of how well Miggy can perform.

I want this: .350, 50 HR, 140 RBI

I expect this: .315, 45 HR, 125 RBI

681779[/snapback]

Youll accept 40 homers and 120 RBIs batting .300? Man youre rough. :lol

50 homers is a stretch big time.

I expect .290 35 HR, 120 RBI

Triple Crown Threat.

I want this:? ? ? .350, 50 HR, 140 RBI

I expect this:? .315, 45 HR, 125 RBI

681779[/snapback]

681789[/snapback]

That's a pretty low estimate. In his first full year he put up all-star numbers. You don't think the numbers will be better with another year of experience and one of the best hitters behind him?

Triple Crown Threat.

I expect this:?? .315, 45 HR, 125 RBI

681779[/snapback]

681789[/snapback]

That's a pretty low estimate. In his first full year he put up all-star numbers. You don't think the numbers will be better with another year of experience and one of the best hitters behind him?

681790[/snapback]

Yeah as I was thinking about it, Id say 40 is more likely. But you have to realize how many PPS will take away from him.

Triple Crown Threat.

I expect this:?? .315, 45 HR, 125 RBI

681779[/snapback]

681789[/snapback]

681790[/snapback]

Yeah as I was thinking about it, Id say 40 is more likely. But you have to realize how many PPS will take away from him.

681791[/snapback]

Understandable...But really, this guy has huge power. He hits oppo whenever he feels like it.

How is Helton not the threat he used to be? You know he's gonna hit like .340

681796[/snapback]

He's getting older, and he's injury-prone.

I'm not comparing Cabrera to other players. I'm comparing Cabrera's talent with his potential, and the numbers that he is capable of producing!

681798[/snapback]

Since Helton's first full season in '98, he's played in no fewer than 152 games in one season, and that was in '98 (so by my calculations, he's never been on the D.L.)...I'd hardly call that injury prone. And he's not 31 until August 20th.

681798[/snapback]

Since Helton's first full season in '98, he's played in no fewer than 152 games in one season, and that was in '98 (so by my calculations, he's never been on the D.L.)...I'd hardly call that injury prone. And he's not 31 until August 20th.

681803[/snapback]

i think that classifies as being owned

681798[/snapback]

681803[/snapback]

i think that classifies as being owned

681804[/snapback]

Fine, I'm owned (whatever)

But you are veering away from the subject. Miguel has the potential to better all those guys, and it's stupid to compare him to anyone else, because he is so young and talented. He could be something that baseball has never seen before. We really have no idea. I don't give a crap about Helton, or Bonds, or Pujols.

That's the attitude of most people when speaking of talent--always have to find someone to compare people to. Why can't we just appreciate Miguel for who he is and what he can do, and not worry about who he might emulate.

I think he has a good chance at the triple crown, and it's a valid remark, considering his place in the order and his youth. Just one Jew's opinion, thanks.

edit*

And just for the hell of it, I checked out Helton's stats. All of his numbers have declined from year to year, except for his average.

I just looked at Delgados stats for last year, and he was on pace to hit 40 homers and 125 RBI. So if Delgado can hit say 37, Cabrera 37 and Lowell 30, thats about an average of 35 homers for batters 3-5 which is awesome.

681841[/snapback]

Ya, that would be ideal for this lineup. And then Gonzalez could chime in with 22 or 23 again. That'd be great.

And Pujols is 3 or 4 years older than Cabs, not 1 or 2.

I think somewhere in the 35-40 ranger would be excellent for Cabrera. It would be nice if Delgado, lowell and cabrera all hit over 30, and delgado and cabrera over 35 each.

Cabrera does have alot of potential, but look at puljos who is only 1 or 2 years older and is alot better.

681839[/snapback]

Pujols is 3 years older than Miggy. I don't believe Pujols is only 24 going on 25. He came to the United States when he was in high school just to play baseball. I bet he's more like 28. I remember how he looked when he was "21" and he looked nothing like a 21 year old... he was going bald and looked more like 25 or 26. Miggy is a genuine 21... he still has a baby face.

I dont see Miggy batting .300...at least not in 2005.

681850[/snapback]

Why not? He hit .294 last year... he was only 4 hits away from batting .300. You don't think in the same number of at-bats as last year he can get 4 more hits with the added protection? That's less than one hit per month! You're funny. :lol

Miguel is definitely a triple crown threat. As well as Pujols. As well as Bonds. I don't see Helton ever winning it, only because it doesn't look like he'll be hitting 40-50 home runs anytime soon. Bonds is getting older. Period. He isn't going to be inhuman forever. Like someone else said, I think Cabrera and Pujols have the best chance, but Miguel may never bat higher than Albert in the average department.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.