February 25, 200521 yr http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...-cubs-headlines "I understand that they say they don't need me. They lie," he said. "Because, I understand that they want to move forward. I can understand that. But I don't think anybody can replace me. They can say whatever they want to say, but it's going to be hard to duplicate me." When he left that Oct. 3 game, one or more of Sosa's teammates destroyed his boom box. Asked about the incident yesterday, Sosa smiled and said, "When the man is not in the house, the chickens are jumping around." :whistle
February 25, 200521 yr I was going to post this, but I knew I would get ripped for being a Sosa hater and such.
February 25, 200521 yr Author I was going to post this, but I knew I would get ripped for being a Sosa hater and such. 695001[/snapback] I've got no problem with it... Let me dusty of the old sig. :cool
February 25, 200521 yr Sosa rules 695031[/snapback] :lol :lol Ignorance really is bliss..... (your not ignorant in general, just on this subject) Ask any fan of the Cubs, White Sox, or ANY NL Central team and they will tell you this guy is lord flaming fraud jerk off.
February 25, 200521 yr Sosa rules 695031[/snapback] :lol :lol Ignorance really is bliss..... (your not ignorant in general, just on this subject) Ask any fan of the Cubs, White Sox, or ANY NL Central team and they will tell you this guy is lord flaming fraud jerk off. 695033[/snapback] but Cubs fans are bitter towards him, White Sox/NL Central fans have always hated him what is a lord flaming fraud jerk off
February 25, 200521 yr Sosa rules 695031[/snapback] :lol :lol Ignorance really is bliss..... (your not ignorant in general, just on this subject) Ask any fan of the Cubs, White Sox, or ANY NL Central team and they will tell you this guy is lord flaming fraud jerk off. 695033[/snapback] but Cubs fans are bitter towards him, White Sox/NL Central fans have always hated him what is a lord flaming fraud jerk off 695036[/snapback] Most Cubs fans I know have hated him for a few years now Ramp, so not true in their case. Oh, and lord flaming fraud jerk off is a term reserved for Sosa and Bonds.
February 25, 200521 yr Sosa rules 695031[/snapback] :lol :lol Ignorance really is bliss..... (your not ignorant in general, just on this subject) Ask any fan of the Cubs, White Sox, or ANY NL Central team and they will tell you this guy is lord flaming fraud jerk off. 695033[/snapback] but Cubs fans are bitter towards him, White Sox/NL Central fans have always hated him what is a lord flaming fraud jerk off 695036[/snapback] Most Cubs fans I know have hated him for a few years now Ramp, so not true in their case. Oh, and lord flaming fraud jerk off is a term reserved for Sosa and Bonds. 695039[/snapback] Most Cubs fans?..... well not here in Bloomington atleast
February 26, 200521 yr when Sosa goes into the hall, he will go in as a cub and he will get a standing ovation years from now when he comes back for old timers day. Things may be sour now, but they won't be like that once he's out of baseball.
February 26, 200521 yr When did we first hear about them destroying his famous boombox? That's classic.
February 27, 200521 yr :blink: Mediocre fielding, attitude, and a lot of K's aren't too hard to come by :plain 696315[/snapback] I got a chance to watch him in person last year at Wrigley, and he was the only player in the Cubs' lineup who didn't have a hit that day. Instead, he struck out three times. I'm pretty sure his career is on the downslope at this point.
February 27, 200521 yr " They can say whatever they want to say, but it's going to be hard to duplicate me." :blink: Mediocre fielding, attitude, and a lot of K's aren't too hard to come by :plain 696315[/snapback] Exactly....
February 27, 200521 yr " They can say whatever they want to say, but it's going to be hard to duplicate me." :blink: Mediocre fielding, attitude, and a lot of K's aren't too hard to come by :plain 696315[/snapback] Exactly.... 696653[/snapback] He revived that team in the 90s....
February 27, 200521 yr " They can say whatever they want to say, but it's going to be hard to duplicate me." :blink: ? Mediocre fielding, attitude, and a lot of K's aren't too hard to come by :plain 696315[/snapback] Exactly.... 696653[/snapback] He revived that team in the 90s.... 696664[/snapback] Yes he did. I always find it funny how many Cubs fans bail on him.
February 27, 200521 yr i love sosoa and what he said is true. who the hell is gonna replace him? NOBODY.. i hope sosa hits 45-50 bombs this year and a 120 RBI season. f*** the cubs good 4 nothing bitches
February 27, 200521 yr " They can say whatever they want to say, but it's going to be hard to duplicate me." :blink: ? Mediocre fielding, attitude, and a lot of K's aren't too hard to come by :plain 696315[/snapback] Exactly.... 696653[/snapback] He revived that team in the 90s.... 696664[/snapback] Yes he did. I always find it funny how many Cubs fans bail on him. 696695[/snapback] not to mention he gave the city of Chicago (except for the South Side) the hero they desperately needed after MJ retired.
February 28, 200521 yr " They can say whatever they want to say, but it's going to be hard to duplicate me." :blink: ? Mediocre fielding, attitude, and a lot of K's aren't too hard to come by :plain 696315[/snapback] Exactly.... 696653[/snapback] He revived that team in the 90s.... 696664[/snapback] He revived the entire sport in 1998. He's not as good as he once was, but he's still one of the greatest hitters of all time.
February 28, 200521 yr I agree with Sammy on this. Nobody will be able to replace him except for maybe a Delgado or Pujos. Sosa plays his ass off everyday and the media and cub players talking about him?
February 28, 200521 yr not to mention he gave the city of Chicago (except for the South Side) the hero they desperately needed after MJ retired. 696950[/snapback] So true. Sox fans don't just hate him for being a Cub. We hate him because of his numbers with the Sox: 215 hits 974 AB (.221 BA) with just 28 HR and 275 Ks to 58 BBs. We thought we got the better end of the deal in George Bell. Then he goes and makes himself an idol. The idiots gave him a standing O when he came back from his cork suspension. It took a direct insult before they turned on him.
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.