Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Possible Three-Team Trade

Featured Replies

What about Mike Cameron?

 

The Mets are really desperate for relief pitching, we have plenty. Although I don't think Jones, Reidling, Mecir or Alfonseca can be traded until mid-May. Could Encarnacion and Perisho/Bump do the job? What about Spooneybarger and Encarnacion? Should Pierre leave in a year or two, Cameron could move back to centerfield where he's much better.

698246[/snapback]

 

 

The Mets aren't that desperate, thankyouyverymuch....

 

:p

This three team trade is too good to be true. Zito our 5th starter ! Get rid of ENC, sure it sucks to get rid of Castillo but this trade would be too good to pass up. Therefore I dont think this trade was ever even talked about.

Piganator banned in 5....4....3....2...1....

 

If you're going to make up trades -- the least you could do is make them believable. Whoever said the Marlins would be dumb for trading Castillo for Barry Zito, Marcus Giles and Eric Byrnes should be shot.

It would be a classless move by the Marlins to trade Castillo.

698328[/snapback]

 

Why exactly?

 

As a team you are suppose to try and get better.

 

It is classless to sit still when you could improve your team.

 

That said I know this trade isn't real.

Something I've been thinking about for a week or so now: How about Encarnacion and a prospect for Byrnes?

 

The A's would likely do it depending on the prospect -- Enc's deal is done with after this season so the risk is very little for them. They dont need Enc but we make them take him for salary concerns.

 

Byrnes is far from an all star -- but hes a hell of alot better than Encarnacion. He plays with so much heart, good defense, fast, reasonable power. would be a great fit in the 7th slot. He'd be a fan favorite too -- guaranteed.

 

For those that havent seen him play -- Imagine Eric Owens hustle -- but he's 10x the player. He'll hit around 20-25 HR, hit in the .280's, steal 15-25 bags, solid defense and wear his heart on his sleeve every night.

 

just an idea... :thumbup

if this was true I would buy everyone on the site the jersey of their choice

 

this is highway robbery like no other(for us)

 

besides Castillo, we give up NO ONE :lol

wow this trade is so bad for the Braves and A's, if this were to happen the Braves would be handing us the NL East. That said u dont make major trades to improve a divison opponent. This is pure speculation, would love to see it though.

I don't know how to answer that.

 

On one hand, I want to believe Beckett and Burnett are healthy, Leiter will perform better at PPS, Willis will be more consistent and McKeon will arrange the rotation so Valdez never starts on the road or a division competitor. I want to believe none of those injuries will be serious (although there's a decent SP depth at Albuquerque) and that Reidling can be an effective swingman.

 

On the other hand, chances are that may not happen. Atleast not perfectly. I do think the starting lineup, should they remain healthy and live up to expectations which there's a greater chance of, can carry the team to a winning record and a chance at the postseason.

 

I do trust Mark Wiley though.

if this was true I would buy everyone on the site the jersey of their choice

 

this is highway robbery like no other(for us)

 

besides Castillo, we give up NO ONE :lol

698335[/snapback]

 

lol, if by some miracle that happens... I hope to hold you to it :thumbup all kidding aside

 

What about Mike Cameron?

 

The Mets are really desperate for relief pitching, we have plenty. Although I don't think Jones, Reidling, Mecir or Alfonseca can be traded until mid-May. Could Encarnacion and Perisho/Bump do the job? What about Spooneybarger and Encarnacion? Should Pierre leave in a year or two, Cameron could move back to centerfield where he's much better.

 

I suggested a trade involving mike cameron awhile ago and got shot down miserably... and for those of you that dont remember... it went Enc -> Mets, Cameron -> Astros, Prospects/Maybe a starter -> Marlins

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.