Bush League Debate Tactics

Accord

I don't think debate threads should be closed right when a debate ends, because it's total garbage that you can basically write up a big post filled with numerous points and then sit and wait until the EXACT time the debate ends to submit the post essentially silencing your opponent and ensuring they cannot reply to you or refute the points that were made.

Juanky that was a real bush league move and don't tell me it's just a coincidence that you just happened to type up and submit your post at the exact same time the debate ended right down to the millisecond.

For anyone curious, here's the thread: http://www.marlinbaseball.com/forums/index...showtopic=40496

I'm not asking for the thread to be re-opened so I can reply or anything, but something should be done in all future debates to ensure participants can't use cheap tactics like this.

Yeah, I held on until the last second to post.

724844[/snapback]

And that's a real bush league move.

I have no problem admitting that I took too long to make my opening post, but what you did is just downright bulls***. You could have submitted your post when you were on at ~4pm and we could have gone back and forth, but you chose to take the route of cheating.

Guest Juanky

What's the difference between my waiting three hours to respond and you waiting 30? I was going to respond at 7, however I had to pick my mom up at the hospital and get her medicine so that was kind of impossible for me at the time. I barely came back in time to even post.

What I find hard to believe is that you are going to use this as an excuse to why you will lose, instead of just taking it like a man like everyone else has done. At least the other people I've gone up against have given me a good debate and whomever gets the last word the other hasn't complained.

What's the difference between my waiting three hours to respond and you waiting 30? I was going to respond at 7, however I had to pick my mom up at the hospital and get her medicine so that was kind of impossible for me at the time. I barely came back in time to even post.

What I find hard to believe is that you are going to use this as an excuse to why you will lose, instead of just taking it like a man like everyone else has done. At least the other people I've gone up against have given me a good debate and whomever gets the last word the other hasn't complained.

724861[/snapback]

About your mother, I hope she has a quick recovery.

All i'm doing is calling you out on your bush league tactics. I'm not trying to use this as an excuse, i'm confident that I will win and I believe my initial post was enough to prove my case even though we didn't go back and forth. If by chance the judges vote that I lost, so be it and I have no problem accepting that.

Guest Juanky

Then why bring anything up at all? I honestly would have beaten you even if I didn't say anything after your initial post. You brought up players that would have made the roster anyways, made generalizations without bringing up any examples, and the only thing you used as a reason for not to put Lenny on the roster, Joe Dillon, was presented in such a way that it was easily dismissed

Guest Moneyball

It's not like it would have mattered.

Juanky man-handled you with his second post. You really would have had to pull something out of your ass's ass to even be close to him.

Then why bring anything up at all? I honestly would have beaten you even if I didn't say anything after your initial post. You brought up players that would have made the roster anyways, made generalizations without bringing up any examples, and the only thing you used as a reason for not to put Lenny on the roster, Joe Dillon, was presented in such a way that it was easily dismissed

724877[/snapback]

I never said you didn't make a strong argument, you did and if you win, then i'll congratulate you.

Newest debate topic............

Topic: When Jeff Conine retires, should his number be retired?

Yes - farmer_fran

No - jonnylons

jonnylons got screwed :lol :lol :lol :lol

737032[/snapback]

What about this one? Will Delgado hit for average or power? I had to argue for average. LOL

Well it turns out....he could hit for a higher BA.

Newest debate topic............

Topic: When Jeff Conine retires, should his number be retired?

Yes - farmer_fran

No - jonnylons

jonnylons got screwed :lol :lol :lol :lol

737032[/snapback]

What about this one? Will Delgado hit for average or power? I had to argue for average. LOL

Well it turns out....he could hit for a higher BA.

737472[/snapback]

ya maybe if you had just argued a little better and not bitched as much you could have won :thumbup :thumbup