My concerns for the Marlins

A Chink in the Armour?

First of all...

If their Spring Training record means nothing...then the only way the Marlins can prove that to ME....is to go out there Tuesday, AND BEAT the Braves! Put them in their place right off the bat!

Don't send those 55,000+ people home disappointed! You want big crowds...you're gonna get it!

And I don't want to hear Opening Day jitters Bullcrap!! You couldn't get any bigger than the games Beckett pitched masterfully in the last months of '03! And he was cool as a cucumber! But actually it's not Beckett that I'm worried about...

It's our run production! My guess is...is that if it's a low scoring 3-2 type game...we may be on the losing side? We need some run support.

Most of these guys have been through the pressure before! So to send a message to the Braves, and to prove that their Spring didn't matter, I don't see the Marlins having ANY excuses not to win?

Players I'm not worried about -

Juan E.

Cabrera

Lowell

Luis C.

Alex

Delgado

But this may come as a surprise to you...but I'm not sold on LaDuca? He's not that LEADER type catcher I like. And Traenor backing him up, does nothing for me!? I don't think LaDuca guides those pitchers that well? I like catchers that go out and talk to them, and helps them...LaDuca doesn't do that?

J.P. should not be rushed!!?? Conine was thrown in there last year Opening Day, after sleeping on the couch for days suffering from a Sinus Infection...He did NOTHING Opening Day last year...and really I think struggled for months after.

Why not rest these guys until they're ready! And then they won't have relapses and struggle for months because of not being allowed to be healed?

Well gosh if they don't win opening day the season will be over, right?! Don't get me wrong there will always be weak spots on every team. Take 2003 for example with Tejera in the pen for the playoffs, the Marlins still managed to win then too. Some of your concerns are unfounded especially your concern for LoDuca. The Dodgers wish they had a catcher like him still. He is highly regarded as a team leader which may not show up in any stats but will show up in the win-loss columns. TREANOR is a question mark but no more than some of the veterans in the bullpen.

Oh, and I forgot to mention something on topic..

One of the reasons the Marlins love LoDuca is because of his leadership. I remember reading stories last season about the impact he made as soon as he joined the club. He's a very vocal guy who's awesome in the clubhouse. He wasn't a fan favorite in L.A cause he was a good first half hitter.

I'd be concerned if I didn't know how to spell his name either..

LoDuca (correct spelling) vs LaDuca (play's spelling)

727331[/snapback]

Sometimes i call him DaLuca!!!! :) got that from Jack i believe!! :thumbup

I see what your saying! winning Opening Day is not everything!

if you feel that my spelling of DaLoco is a major concern...well God Bless ya! Also, a pretty miserable attempt at a witty, smart-**s comeback though on your part... :thumbdown

But If you surprise me...I'll give ya a :thumbup if ya deserve it!!

:p Peace

I have no concern in our offense and defense..

I'm pretty comfortable with the bullpen as a whole.. we have enough decent arms in their where if one isn't performing, someone else should step up.

The only concern I have is how Mota excepts the role as closer.

The other concern I have is starting pitching depth. I'm not concerned with who we have in the rotation, just if someone goes down how we are going to handle it... but the surprise emergence of Brian Moehler is somewhat calming that concern.

Should be a great season.

why is everyone dissing loduca now? is that the new hawt trend?

it sucks so much because this guy rules and plays so hard and 'lives for this' and ahhh. i want to kick everyone's ass who talks smack on this man. i just may.

727399[/snapback]

Some people have nothing better to do than complain, so they have to choose someone. Honestly, LODuca is solid, and I'm happy to have him here. You want to question someone, question Mota as our closer.

it sucks so much because this guy rules and plays so hard and 'lives for this' and ahhh. i want to kick everyone's ass who talks smack on this man. i just may.

727399[/snapback]

Dissing LoDuca is so 7 months ago.

My only concern is the team's depth. There may be too little on the hitting side to battle through the daily nicks, and the abundance on the pitching end may come back to haunt us if they can't all get regular work and stay fresh.

727399[/snapback]

Dissing LoDuca is so 7 months ago.

My only concern is the team's depth. There may be too little on the hitting side to battle through the daily nicks, and the abundance on the pitching end may come back to haunt us if they can't all get regular work and stay fresh.

727731[/snapback]

We've got hitters in Willingham and Dillon ready to jump in when needed.

We've got hitters in Willingham and Dillon ready to jump in when needed.

727791[/snapback]

True, but their placement on the roster would take a significant injury. I'm worried about the bench production, hitting in tight spots, and stepping it up when a starter is fatigued or suffering a minor injury for a day.

727399[/snapback]

its not that neu of a trend