38 Minor League Players Suspended

PhxPhin

Guest Juanky

its only the teams that trained in Arizona....results from the grapefruit league haven't been released yet.

herrera is the best player on that list.

728569[/snapback]

Then why are both the Dodgers and Cardinals mentioned?

Guest FishFanInPA

Damian Moss..the former Braves pitcher is on that list too...I wonder if that's how King Leo gets his pitchers to perform.

its only the teams that trained in Arizona....results from the grapefruit league haven't been released yet.

728569[/snapback]

728620[/snapback]

I don't know what is up with that.

I don't see the Dodgers player you mention though.

Gammons said it was just Cactus leaguers.

There will be more and if there isn't then there is a problem with the system because there's no way you find 37 in Arizona and 1 in Florida.

Just something worth noting, former Marlins prospect Jesus Medrano is on that list. He doesn't seem like the type of guy who would do that, based on when my family and I sat with him at the 2002 Sea Dogs season ticket dinner. :(

Maybe he was introduced to them with the Red Sox or Cubs... hopefully it's just some sort of error/misunderstanding.

728569[/snapback]

728620[/snapback]

There will be more and if there isn't then there is a problem with the system because there's no way you find 37 in Arizona and 1 in Florida.

728654[/snapback]

Its possible that when they got tested they played for a team training in cactus league and got traded or released and picked up dy the dodgers and Caridinals. That would be my guess.

Guest Juanky

My bad, I read Los Angeles and automatically my brain triggered Dodgers instead of Angels.

Cards are there, however.

Gammons said that he thought a lot of these guys probably bought the stuff in Latin American countries where the stuff is legal.

728719[/snapback]

It worries me to see so many latin american names there. I hope its just some kind of aberration... but that would be naive, I guess.

38 players among over 4000 minor league players? Many of them from countries where steroids are legal?

Rampant indeed.

729435[/snapback]

Actually I think they've only tested like 900 players or so from the cactus league. I am scared to see the results from the grapefruit league. Here is hoping to few or no Astros and Marlin minor leaguers on that list :crossfingers

38 players among over 4000 minor league players? Many of them from countries where steroids are legal?

Rampant indeed.

729435[/snapback]

Actually I think they've only tested like 900 players or so from the cactus league. I am scared to see the results from the grapefruit league. Here is hoping to few or no Astros and Marlin minor leaguers on that list :crossfingers

730429[/snapback]

That would be right, they tested only 900+ players in this case. It comes out to about 3-4% of the players tested were breaking the rules.

Makes you wonder what the percentage would have been if they didn't know testing was coming since Jan.. :whistle

Minor leaguers have been tested for some years. One of these postitives came during the offseason.

Reportedly there's a list of 60-80 coming from the Grapefruit league, atleast that's what Will Carroll says. That is a 3-4 per team ratio, same as the Cactus League. Pretty low considering the amount of latin players in baseball who live and train in countires where steroids are legal, not to mention other medicines and supplements which may have been unmarked or have anabolic affects which needs to be addressed by governments.