Dolphins release their 2005 schedule

Accord

OK so maybe the Dolphins won't have a great year in 2005 as Nick Saban tries to rebuild the team. But the NFL didn't do Miami any favors to start 2006.

The Dolphins season finale will be on Jan. 1 against the defending Super Bowl champion New England Patriots.

Happy New Year?

Miami, coming off a dismal 4-12 season, apparently isn't expected to be much a draw by the networks because the Dolphins aren't scheduled to play any prime time games next season -- not on ESPN's Sunday night broadcasts, and not on ABC's Monday Night Football.

The Dolphins will open the season against the Denver Broncos then travel to play the New York Jets. After playing the Carolina Panthers on Sept. 25, the club will almost certainly need a break.

At least that's what the NFL thinks because Miami gets its bye during the fourth week of the season and then must play 13 consecutive weeks.

The Dolphins will have west coast trips to Oakland (Nov. 27) and San Diego (Dec. 11).

The Mike Vick experience -- and the Atlanta Falcons -- come to South Florida Nov. 6.

And Saban, who coached five seasons at LSU, will have a homecoming of sorts when the Dolphins visit the New Orleans Saints Oct. 30.

2005 Regular Season Schedule

Date Opponent Time* TV

SEPT. 11 DENVER BRONCOS 1:00 P.M. CBS

Sept. 18 at New York Jets 4:15 p.m. CBS

SEPT. 25 CAROLINA PANTHERS 1:00 P.M. FOX

Oct. 2 Bye Weekend

OCT. 9 at Buffalo Bills 1:00 p.m. CBS

Oct. 16 at Tampa Bay Buccaneers 1:00 p.m. CBS

OCT. 23 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS 1:00 P.M. CBS

Oct. 30 at New Orleans Saints 1:00 p.m. CBS

NOV. 6 ATLANTA FALCONS 1:00 P.M. FOX

NOV. 13 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 1:00 P.M. CBS

Nov. 20 at Cleveland Browns 1:00 p.m. CBS

Nov. 27 at Oakland Raiders 4:05 p.m. CBS

DEC. 4 BUFFALO BILLS 1:00 P.M. CBS

Dec. 11 at San Diego Chargers 4:15 p.m. CBS

DEC. 18 NEW YORK JETS 1:00 P.M. CBS

DEC. 24 TENNESSEE TITANS 1:00 P.M. CBS

Jan. 1 at New England Patriots 1:00 p.m. CBS

http://www.miamidolphins.com/pressbox/game...ameschedule.asp

Guest Fritz

i hope they lose every game. maybe huizenga will drop dead :prays:

741191[/snapback]

You're a moron.

Anyway, I'm pissed the Fins got no primetime games even though bad teams get them all the time (even when the schedule makers are pretty certain the team will be bad).

Guest Fritz

741191[/snapback]

You're a moron.

741195[/snapback]

VINCENT YOUNG SWEEPSTAKES!!!!

*skeets*

741200[/snapback]

Yeah, let's get a guy like Michael Vick who's slower and a worse passer!

:plain

Just because it works in NCAA doesn't mean it'll work in real life.

741191[/snapback]

You're a moron.

Anyway, I'm pissed the Fins got no primetime games even though bad teams get them all the time (even when the schedule makers are pretty certain the team will be bad).

741195[/snapback]

The Dolphins were one of the worst NFL teams i've ever seen (and i'm not kidding) for 15 games last year, and have no business wasting primetime on ESPN or ABC.

741191[/snapback]

You're a moron.

741195[/snapback]

VINCENT YOUNG SWEEPSTAKES!!!!

*skeets*

741200[/snapback]

Yeah, let's get a guy like Michael Vick who's slower and a worse passer!

:plain

Just because it works in NCAA doesn't mean it'll work in real life.

741201[/snapback]

It doesn't only work in the NCAA.

It works in NCAA2005.... or do you need another demonstration?

Pwned

Guest Fritz

741191[/snapback]

You're a moron.

741195[/snapback]

The Dolphins were one of the worst NFL teams i've ever seen (and i'm not kidding) for 15 games last year, and have no business wasting primetime on ESPN or ABC.

741204[/snapback]

Did you actually watch them play or just look at the scores?

The Fins didn't lose by more than 2 scores in any game but once.

They lost at Denver by 3, at Seattle by 7, at New England by 14, at Buffalo by 7, to Tennessee by 10, at Cincy by 3, to Arizona by 1 (2 missed XPs), at Baltimore by 7 (a team that was fighting to make the playoffs).

Also, being from Chicago, you should know what a real bad team is. Also, the Fins average margin in a loss (including a 27 point beatdown by the Jets) was 6.583 points so to say they're one of the worst teams ever is almost certainly wrong unless you just started watching football in 2004 and you only watched the 2004 Patriots and 2004 Dolphins.

Guest Fritz

The Dolphins played some pathetic offensive ball. You can't hate on the defense though.

741217[/snapback]

Because our offensive line was atrocious and gave no run or pass blocking.

The Dolphins played some pathetic offensive ball. You can't hate on the defense though.

741217[/snapback]

Because our offensive line was atrocious and gave no run or pass blocking.

741219[/snapback]

Morris got 4.0 ypc. So if he acctually got some blocking, I guess he would be pushing 5 or 6 ypc? :whistle

Mind you that 4.0 ypc is the best of his career for a year.

Fritz, you either win or lose, don't give me the "oh, my Dolphins ALMOST won" bullcrap, homerism isn't logical sir.

And yes, the Bears suck, I know that already and never said they should be on in primetime, so if you are going to bring them up, at least have some reason to back it up.

Guest Fritz

Fritz, you either win or lose, don't give me the "oh, my Dolphins ALMOST won" bullcrap, homerism isn't logical sir.

And yes, the Bears suck, I know that already and never said they should be on in primetime, so if you are going to bring them up, at least have some reason to back it up.

741228[/snapback]

I didn't say the Dolphins "almost won". I just said they weren't nearly as bad as you made them out to be. If you check the scores youd' know they weren't getting demolished in games like other bad teams.

Also, if the 2004 Dolphins were "one of the worst NFL teams i've ever seen (and i'm not kidding) for 15 games last year" what does that make the 1997 Chicago Bears? They were 4-12 also, but they gave up 421 points and only scored 263 points. They had an average loss margin of 9.875 and I highly doubt they lost an RB who put up 3100 yards in 2 years, an offensive line that would get dominated by a college defensive line, and a #2 WR that blows out his knee in training camp. For reference, the Fins scored 275 points and only gave up 354 points. So they scored more and gave up a whole helluva lot less (and we had six pick 6s) than the Bears. So um, you think the Bears of 97 are a better squad than the Fins or am I just crazy?

741228[/snapback]

I didn't say the Dolphins "almost won". I just said they weren't nearly as bad as you made them out to be. If you check the scores youd' know they weren't getting demolished in games like other bad teams.

Also, if the 2004 Dolphins were "one of the worst NFL teams i've ever seen (and i'm not kidding) for 15 games last year" what does that make the 1997 Chicago Bears? They were 4-12 also, but they gave up 421 points and only scored 263 points. They had an average loss margin of 9.875 and I highly doubt they lost an RB who put up 3100 yards in 2 years, an offensive line that would get dominated by a college defensive line, and a #2 WR that blows out his knee in training camp. For reference, the Fins scored 275 points and only gave up 354 points. So they scored more and gave up a whole helluva lot less (and we had six pick 6s) than the Bears. So um, you think the Bears of 97 are a better squad than the Fins or am I just crazy?

741251[/snapback]

You just owned yourself, since the 1997 Bears is one of the few teams i've ever seen in the NFL as bad as the 2004 Dolphins, AND you wasted your time to look up those numbers since your a Dolphins homer that is (a) yearning for the old days (b) pissed off and © mad that somebody would diss the 2nd worst team in the league last year, how dare they!! :plain

Guest Fritz

741228[/snapback]

741251[/snapback]

You just owned yourself, since the 1997 Bears is one of the few teams i've ever seen in the NFL as bad as the 2004 Dolphins, AND you wasted your time to look up those numbers since your a Dolphins homer that is (a) yearning for the old days (b) pissed off and ? mad that somebody would diss the 2nd worst team in the league last year, how dare they!! :plain

741259[/snapback]

I guess I proved my point as they went from being the worst team you've ever seen to the second worst team this year. Even though they beat a playoff team and the eventual Superbowl champs. Then again, they were a whole one game worse than the Bears and the Dolphins only had the toughest schedule in the NFL.

741228[/snapback]

741251[/snapback]

You just owned yourself, since the 1997 Bears is one of the few teams i've ever seen in the NFL as bad as the 2004 Dolphins, AND you wasted your time to look up those numbers since your a Dolphins homer that is (a) yearning for the old days (b) pissed off and ? mad that somebody would diss the 2nd worst team in the league last year, how dare they!! :plain

741259[/snapback]

I guess I proved my point as they went from being the worst team you've ever seen to the second worst team this year. Even though they beat a playoff team and the eventual Superbowl champs. Then again, they were a whole one game worse than the Bears and the Dolphins only had the toughest schedule in the NFL.

741264[/snapback]

Well they were the second worse team this year, and the Niners were arguably (and only arguably because of that Jets team that went 1-15) the worst team of the last decade, so that's what caused me to say that.

And the Dolphins offense was a flat out joke, it was an 0-16 offense, just pathetic. Their defense is the only reason they won a game really. And the New England game was a flat out fluke, IIRC the 1997 Bears also beat some good team, so yeah...

Guest Fritz

of course the Fins dont deserve a primetime game, they were (and still are) atrocious on offense

741284[/snapback]

The 49ers got primetime games last year and everyone knew they were going to be awful before the season. The Fins are one of the most popular teams in the country (I think #7) and they deserved at least a Sunday nighter against the Pats or another "big" team.

741228[/snapback]

741251[/snapback]

741259[/snapback]

741264[/snapback]

Well they were the second worse team this year, and the Niners were arguably (and only arguably because of that Jets team that went 1-15) the worst team of the last decade, so that's what caused me to say that.

And the Dolphins offense was a flat out joke, it was an 0-16 offense, just pathetic. Their defense is the only reason they won a game really. And the New England game was a flat out fluke, IIRC the 1997 Bears also beat some good team, so yeah...

741270[/snapback]

Hey Craig...

While we are on the subject of owning and all, since you seem to always say you "owned" someone, or someone "owned" themself or even a "pwnage".

It is pretty apparent the only thing you need to "own" is a grammar book. The Dolphins would be the second "worst" team, not second the worse team in the NFL. Also, if you are saying "you are" and shortening it down, it is "you're" and not "your", that's a different meaning.

Furthermore, your argument is worthess, as usual (see your great argument to bench Cabs for further proof of your norm) :thumbdown

P.S. before you say type....these things happen so often with you that any excuse would be lame.

of course the Fins dont deserve a primetime game, they were (and still are) atrocious on offense

741284[/snapback]

The 49ers got primetime games last year and everyone knew they were going to be awful before the season. The Fins are one of the most popular teams in the country (I think #7) and they deserved at least a Sunday nighter against the Pats or another "big" team.

741292[/snapback]

Very true. Also, they play the Pats tough usually. This past year when we beat them on prime time it was a great, great game and we should be somewhat improved this year too.

Cleveland

49ers

Cardinals

These teams got primetime games !

Are you f***ing kidding me?

Craig like always has nothing to say but to be contradicting.

When the Dolphins beat the Patriots last year I thought that would've secured them a spot on primetime, atleast one. Also the Dolphins hired Saban.

First time in team history, I think, they dont have a primetime game.

After going through the schedule I came up with an 8-8 record.

Fritz, and anyone else, what do you think the Dolphins record will be?

After going through the schedule I came up with an 8-8 record.

Fritz, and anyone else, what do you think the Dolphins record will be?

741489[/snapback]

I thought they would at least either get a Mia-NYJ on primetime, they always do. Or maybe mix in a Buff-Mia primetime. Or even Mia-Den, because they have had those before, but none? I was surprised. Because the Dolphins will draw fans anyway.

I can't see more than 6 wins, anything more than 6 and I will be very impressed.