Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Rondell White trade

Featured Replies

:hat I think it is a bad move to trade a Ray Castro, we don't even know if Pudge will come back to Miami next year. I really like what I see in Cabrera lately, call it all this trade talk or what, Miguel has recently elavated his play, maybe it is a motivation thing, i do think we could use another bat on the bench or a middle relever. GO FISH!! :hat

rondell a fish were making a run here and we need a guy that can get on and get more r.b.i.'s than cab's anyways he is only 20 years old he still got a whole lot of time to play hopefully he can stay in our bench atleast this year.

we need a better offensive left fielder period and cab's has done pretty well but right now we need a veteran.

Hey I decided to compare White's stats to Cabrera's. I figured out at his current rate what Cabs numbers would be if he had the same amount of ABs as White.

 

Rondell White

BA OBP HR RBI

.273 .327 16 54

 

Miguel Cabrera (projected if he had the same amount of ABs as White)

 

BA OBP HR RBI

.243 .307 16 61

 

Other than a lower batting average Cabrera's numbers are just as good.

Hey I decided to compare White's stats to Cabrera's. I figured out at his current rate what Cabs numbers would be if he had the same amount of ABs as White.

 

Rondell White

BA OBP HR RBI

.273 .327 16 54

 

Miguel Cabrera (projected if he had the same amount of ABs as White)

 

BA OBP HR RBI

.243 .307 16 61

 

Other than a lower batting average Cabrera's numbers are just as good.

Nice study farmer...plus the added benefit of having him develop...Rondell does get on base a little more, but his defense/athleticism probably isnt near Cabs. Id say Guillen or Giles are the only SIGNIFICANT upgrades. Id still like to get Matt Stairs though.

Doesnt Cabs Batting Stance look a little bit like Brian Giles Stance...? :mischief2

so...just because they have similar batting stances does not mean they have the same skills. What kind of logic is that?

Hey I decided to compare White's stats to Cabrera's. I figured out at his current rate what Cabs numbers would be if he had the same amount of ABs as White.

 

Rondell White

BA OBP HR RBI

.273 .327 16 54

 

Miguel Cabrera (projected if he had the same amount of ABs as White)

 

BA OBP HR RBI

.243 .307 16 61

 

Other than a lower batting average Cabrera's numbers are just as good.

Nice study farmer...plus the added benefit of having him develop...Rondell does get on base a little more, but his defense/athleticism probably isnt near Cabs. Id say Guillen or Giles are the only SIGNIFICANT upgrades. Id still like to get Matt Stairs though. Stairs can play 1b right? He could fill in for Lee occasionally. :mischief2

He might be able to...but we have Banks to backup Lee.

Yeah I know I'm just thinking he would be a good guy to come off the bench to play a little left field, right field and 1B. I'm pretty sure Stairs played 1st for the Cubs last year. Stairs is a better hitter than Banks.

Ya thats what i meant

yea i know, he jumped all over you for something as little as that

Man i hope we can get guillen,cuz white hasn't been hitting so good the other day he was hitting three-something and now he hitting .273,beinfest go after guillen with out a doubt!

rondell a fish were making a run here and we need a guy that can get on and get more r.b.i.'s than cab's anyways he is only 20 years old he still got a whole lot of time to play hopefully he can stay in our bench atleast this year.

Cabrera can't be benced.

He need to play as much as possible to develope his skill.

If we get another bat (Left Field) he will go down.

Cabs needs to play everyday.

I continue to say that we don't need anyone else, just get the people we have to perform like they can.

:w00t Finally! Someone who agrees with my way of thinking! :w00t

Capefish and Marlingirl, I agree with both of you. I would like for us to upgrade our LF, but not at the expense of our farm system. I think we may not win the WC with our current roster, but we will come damn close. Look at the way the Marlins are taking it to the Phils...how could you vote against them right now? But I think the cost outweighs the reward at this point.

In our last 10 games we are 7-3. We have faced teams above .500 in that span. We can win the wildcard, and will win it! We are the hottest team in the wildcard race!

In our last 10 games we are 7-3. We have faced teams above .500 in that span. We can win the wildcqard, and will win it! We are the hottest team in the wildcard race!

We are the hottest team in baseball for that matter.

if we were ganna get someone is ganna be White... i would like to see White in the marlins uni cuz we need players that ahve exp and they know how to play when it counts ( meaning like the playoffs ) cuz he been to them with the Yanks

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.