Marlins Notes From Atlanta

marlinsbl

Hi everyone. I recently moved to Atlanta, unfortunately, from South Florida (Boca Raton, to be exact) and I found this forum after seeing my beloved Marlins split a series with the Braves at Turner Field over the last few days. I'm so glad there's a forum out there for transplanted Marlins fans.

First of all, let me say I will NEVER be a Braves fan! That Tomahawk Chop is stupid enough to make me never root for them. And don't get me started on Chipper / Andruw Jones! Even the people in Atlanta don't bother coming to games as the used to since they know even if the Braves win 125 games, they're not going to the Series. What a bunch of miserable choke artists. How fitting they got Mondesi.. Anyway, thank goodness for MLB.COM and Comcast's MLB Extra Innings -- I almost never miss a Marlins game.

I went to both games at Turner Field and noticed something odd about Luis Castillo. I realize he's nursing a hip flexor problem, but it seems he's not giving it 100% out there. Example: In the first game vs. Atlanta, Gonzalez threw all ball to Luis that was wide, but Luis didn't even make an effort to come off the bag and get it -- he just watched it sail into the outfield. Even Alex looked frustrated that Louie didn't even try. Then, he was on base and someone (I forget who) got a hit and he just didn't seem like he was paying attention to the 3rd base coach or anything. Sometimes I think he doesn't hustle when he hits ground-ball outs. Anyone else notice this, or is it just me? I love Castillo, but I wish he would give 100%.

Next question is Conine. How is my (and many of yours, I would image) favorite player taking the fact that he was an everyday player to sitting on the bench? I know Encarnacion is doing well, but Conine is just not getting the job done as a pinch hitter. Is there any talk in S. Florida about him being unhappy or wanting a trade or anything like that? Unless Encarnacion is hitting a homer every day or something, I think they should platoon him and Conine. We need Niner in the lineup!

I look forward to reading your comments on this.

Welcome to the boards! What part of ATL are you from? My sister is in Loganville and my brother lives in the city.... Midtown to be exact.

I love going to Turner Field even if the Marlins aren't the away team. It's a beautiful stadium. I really dig the giant drum they have.

Hi everyone. I recently moved to Atlanta, unfortunately, from South Florida (Boca Raton, to be exact) and I found this forum after seeing my beloved Marlins split a series with the Braves at Turner Field over the last few days. I'm so glad there's a forum out there for transplanted Marlins fans.

First of all, let me say I will NEVER be a Braves fan! That Tomahawk Chop is stupid enough to make me never root for them. And don't get me started on Chipper / Andruw Jones! Even the people in Atlanta don't bother coming to games as the used to since they know even if the Braves win 125 games, they're not going to the Series. What a bunch of miserable choke artists. How fitting they got Mondesi.. Anyway, thank goodness for MLB.COM and Comcast's MLB Extra Innings -- I almost never miss a Marlins game.

I went to both games at Turner Field and noticed something odd about Luis Castillo. I realize he's nursing a hip flexor problem, but it seems he's not giving it 100% out there. Example: In the first game vs. Atlanta, Gonzalez threw all ball to Luis that was wide, but Luis didn't even make an effort to come off the bag and get it -- he just watched it sail into the outfield. Even Alex looked frustrated that Louie didn't even try. Then, he was on base and someone (I forget who) got a hit and he just didn't seem like he was paying attention to the 3rd base coach or anything. Sometimes I think he doesn't hustle when he hits ground-ball outs. Anyone else notice this, or is it just me? I love Castillo, but I wish he would give 100%.

Next question is Conine. How is my (and many of yours, I would image) favorite player taking the fact that he was an everyday player to sitting on the bench? I know Encarnacion is doing well, but Conine is just not getting the job done as a pinch hitter. Is there any talk in S. Florida about him being unhappy or wanting a trade or anything like that? Unless Encarnacion is hitting a homer every day or something, I think they should platoon him and Conine. We need Niner in the lineup!

I look forward to reading your comments on this.

764121[/snapback]

Welcome Atlanta Fish fan. :D

Welcome to the boards! What part of ATL are you from? My sister is in Loganville and my brother lives in the city.... Midtown to be exact.

I love going to Turner Field even if the Marlins aren't the away team. It's a beautiful stadium. I really dig the giant drum they have.

I'm living in Covington (about 35 miles SE of Atlanta) -- where they filmed My Cousin Vinny and the Dukes of Hazzard.

Turner Field is a beautiful place and that hugh HD screen is awesome! Too bad the Braves have to play there. :banghead

Guest Juanky

Welcome

On the Niner note, it's hard to bench your #5 hitter and biggest run producer thus far just because someone on the bench has sentimental value. Niner hasn't exactly done much with his chances so far, though they have been few and far between, to warrant being plugged in more than sporadically.