Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lowell to Dodgers?

Featured Replies

you ****ing scared me.. i thought it was a fact.. by your title... OMFG.. DO. NOT. TRADE. LOWELL.

790082[/snapback]

 

:lol :lol

I dont see him being anything more than a .250 hitter in his career

 

he is a bit too patient(if thats possible)

 

just my op though

790040[/snapback]

 

Get him around Delgado, Cabrera and Lo Duca, and I think he'd change some. Lets face it, he doesn't have anyone around him in Cinci to help. Griffey is the closet thing he has to a mentor and I'd never trust that guy to help out younger players. I think Delgado could help him out a lot when it comes to how to approach a pitcher.

790045[/snapback]

Maybe not.... but Im sure Sean Casey helps him alot, on and off the field

790059[/snapback]

 

Casey doesn't have a power hitter's mentality. I think Delgado and Cabrera could help him out in that aspect. I have a feeling most of Casey's and Dunn's conversations revolve around alcohol and women. :lol

Shocking news! Tracy would rather have an all-star, gold-glove calibur third baseman with 30-homer power over Placido Polanco???? Stop the presses!!!!

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather have Placido Polanco than Mike Lowell right now.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather have Placido Polanco than Mike Lowell right now.

790096[/snapback]

probly, but i unno.but he's a crowd fav. but he need to show some improvment. damn, and we still on the lowel subject.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd rather have Placido Polanco than Mike Lowell right now.

790096[/snapback]

probly, but i unno.but he's a crowd fav. but he need to show some improvment. damn, and we still on the lowel subject.

790098[/snapback]

why wouldnt we be on the Lowell subject?

 

it's pretty much June and he still looks like horseshit

Mikey's not going anywhere. Bank on it. Don't be hatin' on Mikey.

790202[/snapback]

and why cant we hate on Mikey?

 

atleast some people here, when they say dont trade Lowell have legit points...

Is not a matter of hating, the team comes first. And Mikey is killing us right now. If there is a trade to improve this team now involving Mike, I'm all for it.

Is not a matter of hating, the team comes first. And Mikey is killing us right now. If there is a trade to improve this team now involving Mike, I'm all for it.

790212[/snapback]

Right

playing day in and day out aint doing anything for mike

 

put cabs at 3rd, j willy in left for a week or two

 

if a rest doesn't help mikey, then you gotta do all you can to move him. I have faith in him, but the fact that he STILL isn't hitting, is very,very troubling.

playing day in and day out aint doing anything for mike

 

put cabs at 3rd, j willy in left for a week or two

 

if a rest doesn't help mikey, then you gotta do all you can to move him. I have faith in him, but the fact that he STILL isn't hitting, is very,very troubling.

790280[/snapback]

 

How do we create that roster spot for Willy though? That's the problem...

playing day in and day out aint doing anything for mike

 

put cabs at 3rd, j willy in left for a week or two

 

if a rest doesn't help mikey, then you gotta do all you can to move him. I have faith in him, but the fact that he STILL isn't hitting, is very,very troubling.

790280[/snapback]

 

How do we create that roster spot for Willy though? That's the problem...

790291[/snapback]

it's true, it's true

 

i could survive without travis smith...

 

If you don't call him up now, you might as well never see him in a marlins uni ever. What he's doing is absolutley, flat out, unbelieveably ridiculous

How long before we give up and just say Lowell is bad?

 

He has no pop in his bat, can't run.......if you can trade him, do it now while you'll get something in return.

 

And geez, if you can get Bradley and put him in LF and move Miggy to 3rd, DO IT NOW! I don't care if he's a headcase, unlike Lowell, he can hit, and he's a HUGE upgrade in LF over Cabrera (and Cabrera is a much better 3B anyways).

How long before we give up and just say Lowell is bad?

 

He has no pop in his bat, can't run.......if you can trade him, do it now while you'll get something in return.

 

And geez, if you can get Bradley and put him in LF and move Miggy to 3rd, DO IT NOW! I don't care if he's a headcase, unlike Lowell, he can hit, and he's a HUGE upgrade in LF over Cabrera (and Cabrera is a much better 3B anyways).

790312[/snapback]

 

 

 

baseball is a game of averages. in general, guys end up with whatever numbers are on the back of their baseball cards. they don't just forget how to hit. i mean, last year derek jeter hit .190 in April and .250 in May, but guess what? he ended the season at .292. Lowell has hit around .280 over the last few years, but as we know, that's mostly been a prolonged streak of hitting .320 followed by a prolonged streak of hitting .260. Mikey's not gonna have his best season this year, but unless he gets hurt, he's gonna finish close to .280, mark my words.

Jeter went .172 in April, .261 in May

 

Lowell went .198 in April, .205 in May

Jeter went .172 in April, .261 in May

 

Lowell went .198 in April, .205 in May

790423[/snapback]

 

And is much as I hate Jeter, he's one of the best average hitters in the game today, so it was obvious he was going to come out of it at some point, while the same can't be said for Mikey.

playing day in and day out aint doing anything for mike

 

put cabs at 3rd, j willy in left for a week or two

 

if a rest doesn't help mikey, then you gotta do all you can to move him. I have faith in him, but the fact that he STILL isn't hitting, is very,very troubling.

790280[/snapback]

 

that will work, but Id on't think Willy played LF since last season

playing day in and day out aint doing anything for mike

 

put cabs at 3rd, j willy in left for a week or two

 

if a rest doesn't help mikey, then you gotta do all you can to move him. I have faith in him, but the fact that he STILL isn't hitting, is very,very troubling.

790280[/snapback]

 

that will work, but Id on't think Willy played LF since last season

790529[/snapback]

he played OF in ST

playing day in and day out aint doing anything for mike

 

put cabs at 3rd, j willy in left for a week or two

 

if a rest doesn't help mikey, then you gotta do all you can to move him. I have faith in him, but the fact that he STILL isn't hitting, is very,very troubling.

790280[/snapback]

 

that will work, but Id on't think Willy played LF since last season

790529[/snapback]

I saw 3 or 4 games this spring where he was playing in the outfield and he looked pretty good out there, he made 1 play where he was running full speed towards the stands in foul territory and made a sliding catch right in front of the seats.

Jeter went .172 in April, .261 in May

 

Lowell went .198 in April, .205 in May

790423[/snapback]

 

 

of course you know i wasn't making a precise analogy, just emphasizing the fact that even the best hitters can go through ridiculously bad slumps.

 

last year, Lowell hit .236 in June and .221 in August. and his final batting average was a career-high .293. i'm not saying Lowell's gonna have a career year this year. in fact, he'll probably end up having one of his worst years ever when all is said and done. But it will be something more like .270 than .220.

well just remember that Lowell is a "fast" starter

 

we might be in for 'some' year

Willingham hasn't played a single inning in LF since spring training though. That may have changed when Joe Dillon was called up. Not sure.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.