Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

MarlinsBaseball.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lowell to Dodgers?

Featured Replies

On www.prosportsdaily.com in the MLB Rumors page, they Philadelphia newspaper stated that Dodgers manager Jim Tracy would prefer Lowells pop than Polancos liners. That would be an interesting trade. Who would the Dodgers give up? Keep in mind, they gave us the heart and soul of their offense, a great defensive outfielder and their setup man (Paul LoDuca, Guillermo Mota, and Juan Encarnacion) for Brad Penny (inconsistent starter), Hee Seop Choi (can't hit against lefties), and Bill Murphy (prospect that was severely overrated). Could we grab Milton Bradley or one of their starters or even a great prospect like an Antonio Perez or Edwin Jackson? Could there be a package of Lowell and another player like Leiter or Pierre? In addition, I heard that a lot of struggling teams are showing some interest in Leiter. One team is the Kansas City Royals.

I wonder how dangerous it would be to mix Bradley and McKeon. Ill never believe Bradley is no longer a headcase. I say we keep Lowell. Im thinking he breaks out soon and in a big way.

I wonder how dangerous it would be to mix Bradley and McKeon. Ill never believe Bradley is no longer a headcase. I say we keep Lowell. Im thinking he breaks out soon and in a big way.

789984[/snapback]

 

:lol

 

Bradley will always have anger problems... thats why I would not want him on our team even if he is a great hitter. I really believe Mikey will break out of this slump soon!

Based on what I'm seeing Lowell's power is gone, if we get a chance to unload his contract we have to do it. I truly believe that Willingham could do a better job than Lowell right now and provide us with the pop in the lineup we so desperately need. It wouldn't hurt us to much defensively either. Cabrera is an above average defender at third base and Willingham should be able to play Left Field at least as good as Cabs, because as we all know Cabs isn't too good out there.

Lowell's trade value right now is probably at an all-time low. I have a feeling that he might be having a Pat Burrell off-season. He has been too consistent in the past. It wouldn't be smart to trade him.

 

However, his lack of power is disturbing. I hate to bring it up and I don't want to sound paranoid, but I wonder if steroids were involved.

790003[/snapback]

 

All things I myself have thought...

Since we're playing the trade speculation game, here's one that I thought of that would make sense for all teams involved:

 

Marlins get: Adam Dunn, Danny Graves, cash.

 

Dodgers get: Joe Randa.

 

Reds get: Mike Lowell, Jason Stokes, Blake DeWitt.

 

Here's my reasoning: the Marlins get rid of Lowell's contract (although they give him away for a little less than fair value), the Dodgers get a stop gap third baseman (because it appears they really want to give the job to LaRoche next season), and the Marlins get a thumper with positional versatility, and they keep Graves away from the Mets and Braves. Now, I understand that the Reds are probably getting the least out of the deal, but they get Lowell under contract for the next three seasons (unlike Dunn's arbitration numbers), and they get two young power hitters for the future in Stokes and DeWitt. Plus, with the Reds' ballpark, Lowell could put up good power numbers there and play his way out of Cincy (if that's what they want).

Lowell's trade value right now is probably at an all-time low.? I have a feeling that he might be having a Pat Burrell off-season.? He has been too consistent in the past.? It wouldn't be smart to trade him.

 

However, his lack of power is disturbing.? I hate to bring it up and I don't want to sound paranoid, but I wonder if steroids were involved.

790003[/snapback]

 

All things I myself have thought...

790004[/snapback]

Problem is...Burrell was younger and still hit a lot better in his slump year. I don't see him exploding anytime soon. He's still popping up to 3B every other AB. RHP have figured him out and/or he's lost something.

Guys, CONSIDER THE SOURCE.

 

Piganator, one of the biggest tards on the internet who makes countless ridiculous trade rumor thrads every day made these threads about Lowell.

Based on what I'm seeing Lowell's power is gone, if we get a chance to unload his contract we have to do it. I truly believe that Willingham could do a better job than Lowell right now and provide us with the pop in the lineup we so desperately need. It wouldn't hurt us to much defensively either. Cabrera is an above average defender at third base and Willingham should be able to play Left Field at least as good as Cabs, because as we all know Cabs isn't too good out there.

789999[/snapback]

I couldnt agree more

 

f*** the PR situation... if the fans leave because of one player that is there own damn problem

Since we're playing the trade speculation game, here's one that I thought of that would make sense for all teams involved:

 

Marlins get: Adam Dunn, Danny Graves, cash.

 

Dodgers get: Joe Randa.

 

Reds get: Mike Lowell, Jason Stokes, Blake DeWitt.

 

Here's my reasoning: the Marlins get rid of Lowell's contract (although they give him away for a little less than fair value), the Dodgers get a stop gap third baseman (because it appears they really want to give the job to LaRoche next season), and the Marlins get a thumper with positional versatility, and they keep Graves away from the Mets and Braves. Now, I understand that the Reds are probably getting the least out of the deal, but they get Lowell under contract for the next three seasons (unlike Dunn's arbitration numbers), and they get two young power hitters for the future in Stokes and DeWitt. Plus, with the Reds' ballpark, Lowell could put up good power numbers there and play his way out of Cincy (if that's what they want).

790011[/snapback]

if Adam Dunn is being traded, one has to believe the Reds get a bounty of pitching in return

 

and Id rather not have Adam Dunn... just my own personal belief but he would be so frustrating to watch game in and game out

Since we're playing the trade speculation game, here's one that I thought of that would make sense for all teams involved:

 

Marlins get: Adam Dunn, Danny Graves, cash.

 

Dodgers get: Joe Randa.

 

Reds get: Mike Lowell, Jason Stokes, Blake DeWitt.

 

Here's my reasoning: the Marlins get rid of Lowell's contract (although they give him away for a little less than fair value), the Dodgers get a stop gap third baseman (because it appears they really want to give the job to LaRoche next season), and the Marlins get a thumper with positional versatility, and they keep Graves away from the Mets and Braves. Now, I understand that the Reds are probably getting the least out of the deal, but they get Lowell under contract for the next three seasons (unlike Dunn's arbitration numbers), and they get two young power hitters for the future in Stokes and DeWitt. Plus, with the Reds' ballpark, Lowell could put up good power numbers there and play his way out of Cincy (if that's what they want).

790011[/snapback]

 

I'd do it, but I don't think the Reds would. I'm sure the Reds would want pitching prospects if they are going to trade Dunn. Dunn wouldn't be much more in arbitration than Lowell and he is a much better player.

Since we're playing the trade speculation game, here's one that I thought of that would make sense for all teams involved:

 

Marlins get: Adam Dunn, Danny Graves, cash.

 

Dodgers get: Joe Randa.

 

Reds get: Mike Lowell, Jason Stokes, Blake DeWitt.

 

Here's my reasoning: the Marlins get rid of Lowell's contract (although they give him away for a little less than fair value), the Dodgers get a stop gap third baseman (because it appears they really want to give the job to LaRoche next season), and the Marlins get a thumper with positional versatility, and they keep Graves away from the Mets and Braves.? Now, I understand that the Reds are probably getting the least out of the deal, but they get Lowell under contract for the next three seasons (unlike Dunn's arbitration numbers), and they get two young power hitters for the future in Stokes and DeWitt.? Plus, with the Reds' ballpark, Lowell could put up good power numbers there and play his way out of Cincy (if that's what they want).

790011[/snapback]

if Adam Dunn is being traded, one has to believe the Reds get a bounty of pitching in return

 

and Id rather not have Adam Dunn... just my own personal belief but he would be so frustrating to watch game in and game out

790030[/snapback]

 

I could be wrong, but I think Dunn's average would be better in our lineup. I think he could hit around .270 with 40-50 HRs and a lot of walks. I've love to get him and move Cabrera to third. We'd have Hermida or Willingham ready to take over LF next year once Enc/Conine are gone. If we did deal for Dunn, I'd love to see us trade Enc/Willingham/pitching prospect for Vito and play Conine in left. But I'm one of the few people that still thinks Zito can be a 15-20 game winner in the right situation.

I dont see him being anything more than a .250 hitter in his career

 

he is a bit too patient(if thats possible)

 

just my op though

I dont see him being anything more than a .250 hitter in his career

 

he is a bit too patient(if thats possible)

 

just my op though

790040[/snapback]

 

Get him around Delgado, Cabrera and Lo Duca, and I think he'd change some. Lets face it, he doesn't have anyone around him in Cinci to help. Griffey is the closet thing he has to a mentor and I'd never trust that guy to help out younger players. I think Delgado could help him out a lot when it comes to how to approach a pitcher.

I can just see Jack in the dugout after Dunn's 140th strikeout. :D

 

That isn't a shot at Dunn, but a comment on the type of ball Jack wants the Marlins to play. If the team were so constructed that he fit in I'd love to have the guy.

I dont see him being anything more than a .250 hitter in his career

 

he is a bit too patient(if thats possible)

 

just my op though

790040[/snapback]

 

Get him around Delgado, Cabrera and Lo Duca, and I think he'd change some. Lets face it, he doesn't have anyone around him in Cinci to help. Griffey is the closet thing he has to a mentor and I'd never trust that guy to help out younger players. I think Delgado could help him out a lot when it comes to how to approach a pitcher.

790045[/snapback]

Maybe not.... but Im sure Sean Casey helps him alot, on and off the field

I wonder how dangerous it would be to mix Bradley and McKeon. Ill never believe Bradley is no longer a headcase. I say we keep Lowell. Im thinking he breaks out soon and in a big way.

789984[/snapback]

 

:lol

 

Bradley will always have anger problems... thats why I would not want him on our team even if he is a great hitter. I really believe Mikey will break out of this slump soon!

789988[/snapback]

 

We should keep Mikey!!

We got to keep Mikey, for crying out loud he made some sacrifices to stay here so we should do the same. Hell get out of this slump.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.