2003 Marlins were 12 1/2 games out at this point

fishfan46

Just thought I would mention for all you haters that your beloved 2003 Marlins were 12 and a half games out at the same point in the season. Just relax, to think the talent that this team has is going to just "not hit" for the rest of the season isn't very realistic. Three or four people on this board are really bringing the level of conversation down with their negativity, just look at the Phils for an example, remeber in april, everyone had already counted them out? So in conclusion, stop crying.

and we finished 13 or 14 games out so I don't see the point of this thread.

805450[/snapback]

The point is that we won the wild card. At this point in 2003 we were 5 games under .500.

The good news is that Washington most likely will not last. The mets are below us now and we are tied with the braves. There are still 105 games to go, so we are fine where we stand.

805450[/snapback]

The point is that we won the wild card. At this point in 2003 we were 5 games under .500.

The good news is that Washington most likely will not last. The mets are below us now and we are tied with the braves. There are still 105 games to go, so we are fine where we stand.

805473[/snapback]

I'm just saying a better argument would've been to show us where we were in regard to the wild card standings at the time. :p

I'll tell you right now that the NL East is not going to win the Wild Card this year.

805490[/snapback]

I agree, and thats because the teams in the division beat up each other too much to allow to get the wild card. I am not sure about this but i think the nl west in 2003 was in the same boat and they missed out on the wild card.

805450[/snapback]

Great comment. I also don't get so many people that keep wanting to compare this season to 2003. If were winning a World Championship had a mold that can easily be followed year in and year out then everyone would would be having the same strategy. The fact is there are so many factors on and off the field that play a part that each season is unique.

2003 was a great season and can be seen on DVD, but it's over. It's history.

Btw, part of making up that ground had to do with a change in management and attitude on the team. We have not seen that yet on the 2005 team. What we have seen is players say it's not fun. What we have seen is Jack being more harsch than supportive to his players which is different than 2003.