Is "That Spark" Gone??!!

Brandman316

When you compare the World Series roster to the current roster, you could make a valid argument, on paper, that we have as good or a better team this year than the W.S roster. It just seems like that "spark" is gone. I don't know what it is. I don't want to say the guys aren't trying, but the mood of the team just seems off. Sure Id love to see the Marlins go out and pickup another good bat, or a decent reliever, or a 5th starter, but that wont really solve anything. I remember in '03 when we were known as a team who would always fight, even down 4 or 5 runs, and we would win a lot of come from behind games. Tonight, for example, guys didn't seem to be mad when they would fly out in a big situation. It just seems like this team is in a mood where they don't fully expect to win each night. The Defense has been dissapointing at times, and when will Burnett and Beckett be strong for an entire season. Run support has been bad, yes, but we all knew the Marlins this year were only gonna go as far as those 2 guys were gonna go and so far Burnett is having a dissapointing year and Beckett is on the DL for the 1,000th time due to a BLISTER!!!! You can make all the Front Office moves you want, but untill this team wakes up and realizes that they have a great chance to win the NL East with the Braves beat up and the WASHINGTON NATIONALS in first, this team won't get anywhere.

This team has aged. No quesiton about it, but older teams don't need sparks. Older teams need to concentrate on getting back into their grooves.

820099[/snapback]

Meh, we are not old. Yankees and Giants are old...

Marlins are very young. There are only three starting position players over 30, and only 2 starting pitchers over 30.

Regardless, we have lost the spark, but Cape is right for the most part--we are experienced (different than old!), and most of the players on the squad have felt that championship aura. I think it just takes time, and we have plenty of that left in the season.

Maybe it is Pierre, seems like he is swinging for the fences every time up. I really thought that big game against Chicago he had was gonna get him out of it because he got a couple of infield hits in that game. If anyone can get out of this, slump or whatever u want to call it, he can.

Maybe it is Pierre, seems like he is swinging for the fences every time up. I really thought that big game against Chicago he had was gonna get him out of it because he got a couple of infield hits in that game. If anyone can get out of this, slump or whatever u want to call it, he can.

820108[/snapback]

Not anytime soon its been over 2months. :(

Maybe it is Pierre, seems like he is swinging for the fences every time up. I really thought that big game against Chicago he had was gonna get him out of it because? he got a couple of infield hits in that game. If anyone can get out of this, slump or whatever u want to call it, he can.

820108[/snapback]

Not anytime soon its been over 2months. :(

820113[/snapback]

Thats what scares me, especially Pierre. What scares me is that Pierre is the type of guy whose gonna work harder and harder to improve, and maybe the best thing he needs to do is relax at the plate.

you guys are right about pierre

i don't knwo the exact stats but i do know

when Pierre and Castillo both get at least one hit in the same game the marlins record is unbelievably good

820237[/snapback]

The Marlins record was 20-1 when JP had atleast 2 hits in a game. And we have still only lost once all year when JP has had 2 hits.

when Pierre and Castillo both get at least one hit in the same game the marlins record is unbelievably good

820237[/snapback]

The Marlins record was 20-1 when JP had atleast 2 hits in a game. And we have still only lost once all year when JP has had 2 hits.

820255[/snapback]

I said this earlier...what JP does seems to affect the offense even more than it should. If he does anything it's like the whole lineup goes, hot damn even Pierre's getting some hits off this guy, and then just unloads.

820237[/snapback]

820255[/snapback]

I said this earlier...what JP does seems to affect the offense even more than it should. If he does anything it's like the whole lineup goes, hot damn even Pierre's getting some hits off this guy, and then just unloads.

820262[/snapback]

Maybe it's because JP only hits off of pitchers who suck so the rest of the order is able to hit when he does. :p

We haven't been hitting a lot of homeruns, so we need to drive in runners with singles and doubles, and for that we need runners on base, and JP is suppose to get on base almost 50% of the time, but instead, he's got on base less than 30% of the time this season.

Guest Jack1

You can talk all you want about the pitchers and the position players BUT the problem is not them. Since the whole team seems to be in a funk...it is obvious that the problem is none other than Jack McKeon!!

As I have said before....he wears out his welcome. He becomes an arrogant jerk. I think he should be fired before the whole season is a bust and the players are completely disgusted with the whole year!

I am old enough to have seen this happen before with Jack. I have never been a fan of his. Sure he's quick with the quips and he says funny things. BUT he also can't remember names (which I don't think is an act at all) and I have a feeling that he wears on the nerves of the players.

Somethings missing, Ya, alot is missing, we are the only team that does not have a hitting coach, we have a great pitching coach, but no hitting coach, and the marlins wont do anything about it, whos teaching the marlins how to hit? no one. We benched Juan P, we benched mike L, and now we benched Juan encar, what the Fuc*k is going on. :thumbdown